KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Box office bombs

Box office bombs
Started by: Machine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Machine
Open Your Eyes

Box office bombs

why! why! must we suffer though these horrible movies all year , if it wasnt bad enough with pussy cats and tomcats they have to release movies like zoolander ,13 ghosts damn it! these are the movies that we supposably like, does anyone really like theses, they release these crappy movires but refuse to allow rob zombies "House of a 1000 corpses" to be released do they know their destroying film as we know it . in ten years no film is going to be released do to ratings and the violence in movies causes violence in life , jack the ripper didnt have playstation or vhs, dvd so explain this

<Edit>Cleaned up language. These forums are visited by people of all ages, including children.</Edit>

Last edited by Zed on Nov 26th, 2001 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 08:16 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I agree that the link between violence in movies and that in real life is overstated. Top be fair, though, that lobby was never saying that ALL violence was caused by entertainment.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 06:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

It was a stupid reason why they didn't let "House of a 1000 corpses" was because it was getting a NC-17 and not the R rating. Which was related to the violence.

And the reason why they dont release these movies is down to the fact that if people dont watch them then they wont make them simple as that.

And I'm not backing up the studios. Just that ultra-violence isnt everybodys cup of tea.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 09:25 PM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

its sad that such a promising film such as house of 1000 corpses (which would have been the first real horror film in the past 10 years) is probably never going to come out because of its extreme gore, i remember when extreme gore was a good thing in a horror movie, look at zombie or the beyond, or even cannibal holocaust, all are great horror films. I'm sure house of 1000 corpses will be replaced with jeepers creepers 2, so no harm done. *sarcasm*

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 02:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

House of 1000 Courpses? By Rob Zombie?

And you think The Godfather films are bad, huh? You don't happen to have a tatto, would you? wink

BtW, The Blair Witch Project was an excellent horror film release in the past 10 years.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 03:47 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

blair witch project was good, but it was a blatant rip off of cannibal holocaust, and no i dont havea tatoo silly

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 03:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Never herd of it. sad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 04:53 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

none has seen this movie(cannibal holocaust) backfire has just seen pictures of it , and dont give me this crap "oh when you see a stick through a girls as to her mouth it must be good" routine. hey i admit it iam excited to see it but dont go on and on aabout it if you havent seen it backfire .....

P.S. "he said if i told anyone , he would kill me. HAHAHA coo kooo kaaaa chheeee"

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 07:52 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

now now kobe, lets not get angry. i simply said that blair witch copied it, and i also said it was gory. on a different note, im guessing it took you about 15 minutes to type that little excuse for a post that you typed, im also guessing that you stayed up till about 5 thinking it up. and dont disgrace family guy by using quotes from that show, youre not worthy

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 08:01 AM
BackFire

oh by the way, i saw some video of cannibal holocaust that i downloaded from a website, it showed some cool scenes.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 08:04 AM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

chris your a ******* ,you realize this . i dont give a damn if you downloaded a clip .think chris would you put the worst part of a movie on the website NO! you put the best . so of course you liked the CLIP! you could put clips of gates of hell on a website like the puking guts scene and you would lie that but hte movie sucks ass ! a clip doesnt make a movie good otr bad see it before you judge it . i can put family guy sayings if i want your being a dick chris !

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 08:58 AM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

oh and the whole "satying up past 5 " thing isnt a copy of family guy your such a hipocrate

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 09:00 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll repeat the warning I have already given about debate giving way to personal argument. This isn't what the other users of the board want to see, folks. If it looks like posts are more interested in insulting another than presenting a reasonable argument then they will be deleted.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 06:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Poor Karen Black, she's such a good actress sad
Rob Zombie should stick to music roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 08:59 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

lol at machine getting mad, like i said ushgarok, me and machine know eachother in real life, we're always giving eachother shit, so dont worry about it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 11:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just commented about that in the other thread... I'll bear that in mind, but there will be a limit at SOME point. Not wanting to be a prude here; just I have others to think about.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 28th, 2001 11:36 PM