KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jobs.

Jobs.
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lara
Belladonna

Jobs.

who was it that said their occupation was a GRAPHIC DESIGNER?

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 03:34 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

not me i want to be an aerospace engineer and then own my own strip club!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 03:37 PM
barbie_girl is currently offline Click here to Send barbie_girl a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

It was me..why?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 03:41 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

what qualifications do you need?

blessed be x

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 03:44 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You need to know your stuff. wink

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 03:48 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

thats not what I'm asking but thanks for the tip.

blessed be x

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 03:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

Did you ever do any graphic design? Or something artistic? Painting? Digital art? THat's where it usually starts. And then you need to know your software (Photoshop, Quark Express, Illustrator). So art school or industrial design schools are where you might want to go.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 03:52 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Not sure it is something you can just learn though. Some have managed it, but I think the ones that make a success of it generally have some kind of flare for the artistic before they get started.

Though that is not always the case.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 08:06 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Lara probably has that when she wants that job.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 08:10 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well it never hurts to mention it. Sometime in our enthusiasm to achieve things we often forget the obvious. big grin

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 08:12 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

true

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 08:13 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Some people are just born with an artistic flair, just don't go taking it all too seriously and cut your own ear off Lara.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 10:22 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

I maybe mad, But I'm not that mad!.
anyway I'm the natural drawing talent in my household.
I wish I had a scanner to show you some of my work but I dont. sad
anyway I have to start at the bottom of the ladder because my school wouldnt let me do GCSE ART.*face of frustration*

blessed be x

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 10:32 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

What do schools know? I got a big fat "F" in technology at school (another buzz word for engineering) and now I'm a partner in my own engineering business. Life never works out how you think, my brother for instance studied for 4 years to be a chef and now he's a welder. Go figure. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 01:13 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Lara, in the end the artistic talent is probably more important than knowing the programs right now. You might be smarter to focus on your drawing skills right now and start to take up learning some of the promgrams in a year or two.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 03:10 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

Thanks Dim.
At the moment I'm planing to do a computer graphics course and art and design course at collage both at foundation level.
But at the moment I'm studying Graphic products at GCSE level.
I draw, yes, indeed I do but I seem to have a fasination w/ eyes and womens faces, I dont know why?

blessed be x

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 03:20 PM