KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » please choose our book for january book of the month

please our book for January's book of the month
This poll is closed.
Dragons of Autumn Twilight-Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman 1 3.70%
Dark Materials-Phillip Pullman 1 3.70%
Rose Daughter- Robin McKinley 2 7.41%
Acorna's People -Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough 0 0%
To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee 1 3.70%
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- JK Rowling 4 14.81%
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe- CS Lewis 3 11.11%
Wuthering Heights- Emily Brontė 2 7.41%
Alice's Adventures In Wonderland- Lewis Carroll 3 11.11%
The Illiad-homer 10 37.04%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

please choose our book for january book of the month
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Corlindel
Noldor

quote:
Originally posted by cermiestar
Lewis Carol was a paedophile- alice was a little girl who lived round the corner from him and he was "fascinated" by her

*cough*perv*cough*

Thats the true story of Lewis Carrol smile

Since I knew that fact I read the books of Carrol in another perspective smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 10:56 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I voted for Wuthering Heights cus I'm getting a copy for Chrimbo. big grin

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 11:19 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Someone actually voted for DragonLance? I'm so happy...... big grin

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 05:57 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 06:19 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If a book is selected from this pole for January will you change the list or will you offer other selections for Feb?

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 24th, 2003 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 06:53 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I will most likely take a few popular ones from here and of coarse suggestions by members (thats where I got these btw)and make another for feb..or maybe some selections from the big read if we dont have enough suggestions. smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 07:04 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aesma
A Sweet Breath

Though I'm a big fan of fantasy, mythology, horror and such genres. To Killing A Mocking Bird is a must read. A great classic that everyone should read and dabble with, always good to discuss it with others since you'll peer into things much better with different perspectives.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 11:06 PM
Aesma is currently offline Click here to Send Aesma a Private Message Find more posts by Aesma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I read To Kill a Mockingbird b4, worst book I ever read, terribly boring sick

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 06:14 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
I will most likely take a few popular ones from here and of coarse suggestions by members (thats where I got these btw)and make another for feb..or maybe some selections from the big read if we dont have enough suggestions. smile

Thanks for the feedback BKK big grin I'm not familiar with some of the titles but most of these are novels correct? If so, can we suggest fiction and non-fiction books for the future book of the month?

Also my vote goes to Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I hope it gets pick smile

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 27th, 2003 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 02:07 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by SilverFighter
Thanks for the feedback BKK big grin I'm not familiar with some of the titles but most of these are novels correct? If so, can we suggest fiction and non-fiction books for the future book of the month?

Also my vote goes to Alice's Adventures In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I hope it gets pick smile

your correct! and I would very much like suggestions form fellow KMC ers,fiction or non-fiction,in fact for my self non-fiction is my favorite...but it would still have to follow the pg-13 guide lines of the forum of coarse,nothing to explicit. and series I dont think should be considered either even great epics like lotr's just to much for a month of reading...though I would like thoughts from everyone on that if it comes up.

we were just talking about lewis carroll...that book will always be one of my favorites,even if my opinion of the author has changed a bit.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 06:26 AM
Aesma
A Sweet Breath

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
I read To Kill a Mockingbird b4, worst book I ever read, terribly boring sick

lol. That's too bad.

If its really bad, I'm wondering why it's considered a "Classic".

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 11:35 AM
Aesma is currently offline Click here to Send Aesma a Private Message Find more posts by Aesma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I've read all the books on that list except for Wuthering Heights...lol.

I voted for Rose Daughter, I love that book smile For those who don't know, it's based off of the story of Beauty and the Beast, and is a retelling of the original fairy tale.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 04:48 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

the great Homer.i loved illiad.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 10:32 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

i picked the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. besides thats the only book i read from that list.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 10:59 PM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

well tomorrow the poll will close and we will have our book..so if there are any last min votes..get 'em in wink

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 11:30 PM
BadKitty
cockeyed

okay poll is locked and the winner is....The Illiad-homer! this should be fun!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 05:17 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by Vampiree
ppl!! can we please leave this subject? i really like carrol and i don't want to change my opinion about he's books! sick PLEASE!

the books are still great!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 11:20 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

ah john i never voted on this poll miffed

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 04:34 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I had to take it down sad
...sorry you didnt get to vote

Last edited by BadKitty on Dec 30th, 2003 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:55 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
okay poll is locked and the winner is....The Illiad-homer! this should be fun!

*runs to barnes and noble to buy a copy*

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Dec 30th, 2003 at 07:25 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 07:18 PM