KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What to do?

What to do?
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

Okay, so it seems everyone is in agreement..mech should move to Kent big grin

So, when do you start packing your bags, young man?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2001 03:08 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

A Kent party would suit me fine

Old Post Nov 29th, 2001 05:09 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

If I sell my house and all my worldly possesions I may be able to afford a shoe box in Kent methinks. Lets hope RC has a spare room for me and Mrs.MM! wink

Old Post Nov 30th, 2001 10:38 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Yeah the attic evil face cool

Old Post Nov 30th, 2001 11:04 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I'm not fussy, and besides I'll get to look at all the presents he's bought. Won't the kids be gutted when they open thier selection boxes to find I've scoffed the lot. evil face

Old Post Nov 30th, 2001 02:17 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

*backs up truck, and unloads packing boxes in mech's yard*
Have fun packing !!! laughing out loud This is when you get to do your spring cleaning early. evil face

Old Post Nov 30th, 2001 02:58 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Well, actually..I guess they have a year before they have to move huh?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2001 03:01 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

About that, yeah. I really was hoping to go to UCE to finish off my degree because B'ham is a very industrial city and has great links to multi-national engineering firms.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2001 11:02 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

ah, hah, here's where the rest of the story comes out. well, I don't know where your school is, or if you can do most of it by correspondence, but you're got to set your priorities and make tough choices. Yes, I would be the first one to encourage you to finish your schooling, but........ sometimes, you hafta consider the opportunities, too. Tough one, mech, I wish you good luck in setting your goals, priorities, and choices. smile

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 06:35 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I'm not all bad Keo, I've been looking into ways of finding an employer who'll support my degree studies. I've even got some info coming from the Royal Navy and Air force, but when I told Mrs.MM she went spare! sad

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 01:21 PM
finti

"Papa take a look at your boy
He's a military man
Mama take a look at your boy
He's dying
He's fighting
He's frightened" Gary Moore & Phil Lynott
rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 01:50 PM
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

Question

go for it mech and remember live life to the full!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 03:25 PM
barbie_girl is currently offline Click here to Send barbie_girl a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

Don't join the military unless you actually want to be in the military. If you join for the wrong reasons, you'll be the most unhappy camper there, and your wifey will be a most unhappy spouse, too. Not good for your marriage.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 08:28 AM
finti

well at least you got an option, not so in Norway. Here the military is mandatory sad and after serving my country I get enlisted in the mobilizing reserves (double sad )

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 11:18 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Looks like the decision has been taken out of our hands now. Mrs.MM accepted the job and they then said there was an internal candidate for the job and she'd have to wait for a decision from them, and she hasn't heard from them since. Good job she hadn't handed in her notice though I thought. So now she's back on the job market again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 10:28 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

never hand in a notice until you've been confirmed for the job in writing.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 01:36 AM
yerssot

they learned it the hard way...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2001 11:28 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Uh huh yerss, she never handed it in (thankfully). big grin

Old Post Dec 10th, 2001 10:25 AM
yerssot

have I said that? big grin

Old Post Dec 10th, 2001 11:34 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Now I'm all confused? confused

Old Post Dec 10th, 2001 01:10 PM