KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Do you like the NJO series?

Do you like the NJO series?
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

SBS had some pretty controversial content, but I still love the series. Vector Prime was good, but the more recent books are better.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I loved the series up until SBS. I won't ruin it for anybody but what happened in that book as incredibly stupid and makes no sense. The best of the series was the Dark Tide books written by Stackpole.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 11:25 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I love the NJO series. I still haven't read them all cause none of the libraries I go to carry all of them. My main library is getting SBS in a couple days so I will be able to read it then.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 02:01 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Why don't you buy them. I'm adding them to my book collection.
The NJO series is still great despite SBS's craziness. Dark Journey and the other coming books sound very promising.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well, I don't have any money as of yet. I have two of the books right now. Conquest and Rebirth.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 01:38 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Good choices. Those are two of the best in the NJO series. Though I like the entire series, Conquest and Rebirth were espescially good. SBS may be my currrent favorite.

Have you read them, and if you have, what are your thoughts on them?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 09:56 PM
LanceWindu

Have I read them? Yeah, they are great. I especially like how Anakin is the main character in these books.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 11:52 PM
Julie
The Student

Yeah, it was nice to see a lot of Anakin, but I also like his syblings. Jacen has been interesting, but his moral dilammas are stunting his growth in the force. Anakin's a bit reckless...he could use a small porion of Jacen's caution. Jaina's been out for the last couple of books with her injury. I was glad to see that these 3 and their friends had large roles in SBS.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2001 09:42 PM
MasterSkywalker

about what i think about NJO

wel it seems quite all right i guess and with itkilling off alot of people makes it seem like there would be no need for episodes 7 ,8 and 9if you think tha u are worng.
7,8 and 9 will be 19 years after NJO and 35 years after ROTJ. it would open up with Ben Skywalker and his father going to burry the body of Han Solo who just died and it would show who ever surrived NJO series and also it would show a Dark Jedi named Azreal who has been thought in the ways of Teh Dark side by the sprit of Darth Sidious/ Palpatine who needs a scaface for him to live again so Darth Azreal kidnaps Mara and and she is traded places with Palpatine and he lives again he finds Luke and kills him and Liea as well with his force lighting. and so forth.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 06:14 PM
Click here to Send MasterSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by MasterSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you mean Han died?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 06:22 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As we all know, future episodes (in the unlilely event that there are any) would have nothing to do with the books, in any way.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

That all sounds way to poposterous.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 12:35 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed. In fact, the extent to which any future episodes (which still haven't become any more likely in the last few minutes) will screw up stuff like the post ROTJ books would be so great as to cause a furore that will make Boba Fett continuity issues look as troubling as whether the thrid trooper along in the ROTJ hangar had a loose helmet...

And when post-ROTJ EU fiction only consisted of cloned Empeors/Lukes and bigger and bigger superweapons, that was fine by me. But now there is a lot of good quality stuff- like NJO- and it would be a shame to trample it all. And there would seem to be little point in filimg 7, 8 and 9, so I think things are happy as they are...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I like the books as books and the movies as movies......Star Wars is great in both instances, but combinine the two is unlikely as Ush said.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 01:47 AM
LanceWindu

Although compining the EU and movies together might sound like a good idea it would just ruin everything.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 12:44 AM
Julie
The Student

Agreed.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 02:51 AM
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
As we all know, future episodes (in the unlilely event that there are any) would have nothing to do with the books, in any way.
You mean like the Jedi Padawan, Aayla Secura, being in Episode-II. Or the Outrider being added to A New Hope? Or Aurra Sing appearing in Episode-I? Ok, last one is a bit of a chicken and egg thing.

My point is not that you are wrong in any way Ush, in the main you are correct, but GL will sometimes pick up on an EU element and use it in the movies. The precident has been set now.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

indeed, and now the latest news is that a new Jedi is inserted in the final battle after GL saw a pic of a Twilek Jedi

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:49 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

reeeeaaaalllly????

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:53 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

quote:
Originally posted by Ratcat
You mean like the Jedi Padawan, Aayla Secura, being in Episode-II. Or the Outrider being added to A New Hope? Or Aurra Sing appearing in Episode-I? Ok, last one is a bit of a chicken and egg thing.

You forgot about Coruscant too. That came from the EU as well.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 08:48 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote