KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » the reason of life...

the reason of life...
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I'm not in pain, I like life even if it's damn boring to go to school, being with friends, relaxing in front of the tv, going on holiday trips, all those small things make me happy.

but ush, if yerss wants to think that life is a pain, let him. but, yerss aren't there lots of happy things in your life: being with friends, making games, lara?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 09:38 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm happy to let him, though he seems happy to keep debating the point. I'm just not entirely sure what his point is, and I am absolutely certain that he won't be any happier if the world was a better place.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 09:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, being more intelligent is a vague line between chances and talents (and for me it's definitly a talent)

Indeed if you have talent you get chances, but what about the ones that has talent, but don't get chances???

I don't insult anyone, because I clearly said that it was my own opinion. And ok, not all life is pain, but if you look clearly at it, pain is the center of it all. Everyday (how big or small it is) you have pain (physical or mentally) ok, perhaps you are lucky and you have one day that goes well...
Look at the people in India (because this way, I don't insult people from other countries that are here) they are happy for their standards, but if you give them equal chances they'll get more happier and their point of life will chances to something better.

Hey, what you find credible isn't my case. Everyone has his own opinion. If you count every happy thing in your life and everything of pain you had, you will see that pain has a lot more

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 09:45 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, as you know, yerss, I've had a fair amount of pain in my life. And all I can say is that the happy times outweigh that. Massively. Or I wouldn't still be here. You think I'm lying to myself?

I think I rather covered the point about a person with talent not getting the chances. I said it was the same as not having any talent.

And you DO insult people with that statement. What, you think just because it is a personal opinion it can't be insulting? What nonsense! Nearly ALL insults are personal opinions! Facts can barely be insulting at all. Opinions are different. And I maintain that sayiong that all happy people are lying to themselves is an insult to truly happy people.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 09:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

You aren't lying to yourself, and rest assure how young I am, I know what pain is! So don't start with that! (if you want to talk about your desease, otherwhise ignore it)
You have to admit, that you felt pain, and you were irritated from time to time, and you are ignoring the pain you had, because you don't want to be remembered of it.

And still, the one who has talent doesn't get always the chances they desearve.

Well, then I'm insulting, heck, don't care man! I said that it was my personnal opinion and I ment no harm with it

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 09:54 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm not saying you didn't know what pain was. I'm just saying I've had a whole lot of it, and it's not buried. It's just outweighed.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 09:58 PM
yerssot

is it? from what I know you have it for years, how can that outweigh it? we are now not even talking about the other things here

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's not just a matter of time, is it? It's a matter of how much these things affect your life. No matter how bad things got, the happy times always had more of an impact than the bad ones.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:03 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

agree

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:05 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

because you want to remember them, you don't want to remember your life as one pain after another...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Believe me, yerss, the painful times in my life are NEVER far. If my happy times are more dominant in mt mind it is because they deserve to be, not because I am just forgetting the bad ones.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:19 PM
yerssot

ofcourse the good things desearve to be there, but if you look at it, why aren't the painfull things there? because you want to forget them

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They ARE there! I am happy in SPITE of them!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:22 PM
yerssot

you had more suffering then joy, they are all in your head, the good ones dominate because you want to feel happy
(well, that's what a German philosopher said any way)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:24 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Philosophers say a lot of things.

Well, all I can tell you is that I am pretty sure I know my own mind. You can think I am deluding myself if you want.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:33 PM
yerssot

the basic point of philosophy is that everyone is correct, and that we need to listen to them and built our own theory about it...

The big problem is, you can't get into other people their minds , so I'm afraid that we will never know the answer...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 12:26 PM
yerssot

"Life is a leason, you'll learn it when you're through..."
Limp Bizkit, Take a look around

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 12:53 PM
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

the meaning of life is 42

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 03:26 PM
barbie_girl is currently offline Click here to Send barbie_girl a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

BG explain! 42 ?????????

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 03:31 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

my blood told meits in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 03:32 PM
barbie_girl is currently offline Click here to Send barbie_girl a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote