KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As I have always maintained, sensing others is NOT related to them using the Force. I agree with Kadub.

However, by the same argument, they cannot sense Maul is evil or a Sith, just because he is! So he can walk safely.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 14th, 2002 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
well, a book is EU stick out tongue

Yerssot,
True indeed a book is EU, but how many of the other idea's from GL's movies came from 'the books'.....hummmm?

Ushgarak,
Thank you.....but don't forget this tid bit....nobody knew of the existance of the sith for they were thought long existincted.....
He would have been felt but not in the idea of evil or good, just part of the force....or should I say a strong presence in the force...

The force is still being explained by GL in the movies to this day....let's not forget....

Old Post Jan 15th, 2002 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Master Kadub

Yerssot,
True indeed a book is EU, but how many of the other idea's from GL's movies came from 'the books'.....hummmm?

Actually... after Coruscant, Aayla and perhaps one other; nothing much actually

Old Post Jan 15th, 2002 04:32 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

Ahhhh, yes indeed Yerssot.....but the EU lives.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

You are right that Vader felt Luke in Rotj, but the Emperor did not.
I think part of the Sith thing is stealth. Palpy is on Coruscant all the time, very close to the "most gifted" of the jedi`s - the jedi council. I think he learned Maul of the stealth thing or else he would have been detected long before he actually did. Qui Gon didnt know what he met on Tatooine.!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 07:55 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

Finti,

You bring up a valid point that sort of supports what we're saying...

Palpy is for all purposes the last of the Sith with the exception of Darth Maul his apprentice.....nobody in the temple could detech the Sith in the Stealth style of existance, because they would appear as a 'blip in the force....sort of like a glyder on a aircraft radar........it's there, but hard to detech; unless you knew it was there....you could modify your radar to pick it up, but only if you knew it was there or what you were looking for.....

Now in RoTJ, Vader deteched Luke right away because he was opening himself up to the force to Luke presence....remember Vader told Luke that the Emperor had already forseen the actions to come....maybe not in detail, but he was prepared for the arrival of Luke; as was the Emperor....
Maybe Luke didn't open himself up to the force, but he was being searched out in the force by Vader.....

Old Post Jan 18th, 2002 07:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is not the slightest it of evidence that you can sense people because of their Force powers- EVER.

All examples in the films have people sensing MINDS, not Force power. Vader and Luke are very good at sensing each other because of their family bond.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2002 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

If the force is actively used a jedi can sense it thought, right ?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2002 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There is not the slightest it of evidence that you can sense people because of their Force powers- EVER.

All examples in the films have people sensing MINDS, not Force power. Vader and Luke are very good at sensing each other because of their family bond.
What aboput when Vader senses Ben on the deathstar? That one isn't too clear on exactly what Vader is sensing. A presences could be a mind of a Force attribute.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2002 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ryamathart

Tongue

I thought that book was great. I mean it really showed you just how bad a guy Maul was. I think that anyone who likes darth maul or wants to know how the whole trade federation thing started. It to me three days to read it cause I couldnt put it down.

In fact I think everyone should read the book.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2002 11:46 PM
Click here to Send ryamathart a Private Message Find more posts by ryamathart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

RC, i tCOULD be that Vader is sensing Obi-Wan because of his Force power, but simpler that he is simply recognising the mind of his former Master. What we don't have is any evidence that you can sense Force use, or a person because he 'has' the Force.

Shadowhunter did strike me as pandering to the Maul fans a little too much.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 31st, 2002 11:49 PM
Julie
The Student

ha. There have to be books that "pander" to certain people, Ush. It makes them feel special. smile

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2002 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote