KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » TR:The Film!

TR:The Film!
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Machine
Open Your Eyes

saving private ryan had a big set and you know how bad that movie was. as i have said before the only true thing in that whole movie is that there was a war

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 09:53 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

does anyone know about the plans for the sequal of TR.?

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 10th, 2001 03:20 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yeah, you can find the plans in a dumpster in hollywood.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2001 11:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I rather liked Saving Private Ryan, true or otherwise.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 10th, 2001 11:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

something i find ironic.....everyone praises saving private ryan, yet condems pearl harbor, even though both are filled with many many war cliches. think about that.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 01:40 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

i bet their will be a pearl harbor sequel somehow someway , if they make crap like zoolander they can think of some horrible way to continue the war. peal harbor 2:back to the islands

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 04:40 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No, there will not be a sequel to Pearl Harbor. In a way, Pearl Harbor was an attempted sequel to Titanic. Obviously (and I know a lot of you hate this movie) Titanic was 10 times the movie Pearl Harbor was.

Angeline Jolie is a good actress, not just a hot piece of ass. She was really good in Girl, Interupted.

As far as Saving Private Ryan, no there was no rescue mission to save a soldier. But there was a case where five brothers were killed in WWII. What made this movie so great was it's brutal look at what war is like. It IS the most realistic war picture ever made. I read that some veterans went to see the movie, and they had to leave because they got so upset in the D-Day scene. It was a very good film, Machine. Plus, it has Tom Hanks, and he has been absalutly brilliant in the past 8 years.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 05:45 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

the normandy beach scene was great, no one can deny that, but the movie as a whole, besides that scene wasnt anything new.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 07:33 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

The entire film had groundbreaking realistic scenes, not just the opening part.

Hanks and the rest of the cast made the private moments very acceptable and realistic.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 08:16 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

best part is the credits .

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 08:32 PM
yerssot

but not worth the money...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 08:37 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I thought ir broke very valid new ground, especially in cinematography, realism, use of colour and placing the audience in the action.

That said, I preferred Thin Red Line.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 08:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

sorry, my reply must get to Pearl Habor

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 08:40 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

ok, so to you realism = shaking the camera while blocking out all sounds other then those of war. thats called a gimmick folks, the true great war films didnt need to do that stuff to be convincing. watch platoon or full metal jacket to see a truely great war film.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 09:31 PM
yerssot

or my home eek!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 09:41 PM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

platoon is not a great movie i agree it really realistic but realism doesnt make a good movie .

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 10:22 PM
BackFire

when its a war movie it does. unless you want apocolypse now.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2001 10:48 PM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

hahaha apocolapyse now hahahaha

Old Post Dec 13th, 2001 07:22 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

You know, I've never seen that! sad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 13th, 2001 07:27 AM
BackFire

its pretty good untill the ending.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2001 09:34 AM