KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Thing

The Thing
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Cool The Thing

Bought this little game at Blockbuster last night for only $5!

I love it!

The graphics are great (for PS2), the game play is terrific, very atmospheric, I love all the controls and intricacy of the game play.

Very appropriate game to play during the winter wink

Check it out, you might like it!yes

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 05:13 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Agreed Tex, i brought it when it first came out (for the PS2) and it's pretty amazing the tension is probably the most chilling i've experienced in a game since the Resident Evil franchise, i really like the way that you have to watch your back and can't really trust anyone for they might be the enemy, even having not seen the film its a pretty good stand alone game, although seeing the film is a must not just for it being a classic but also to add to the tension when playing the game.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 06:14 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Its amazing how the game captures the atmosphere of the movie, very hard to do.

Dont trust anyone! shifty

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 09:02 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i agree that the game did a great job at giving off a great atmosphere. I rememebr when i first played the game i thought it was deffaintly going to be a great game. It did somthing new with your party of characters. However about 4 stages into the game it got very repetetive, and became more of a shoot em up than the strategic thriller it was hinting at. I thought it had a great idea but felt incomplete. There was so much possibilities they could have done with the inner party connection they started, but seems they just forgot about it. It's fun if you like the thing but gets very redundant if your a gamer, This is the gameplay aspect of the game. The story is worth playing the game for though

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 05:00 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Not up to stage 4 yet, hope it doesn't go downhill from there! sad

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:56 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Oh, my bad, I thought this thread was about bjork, being titled "the thing", thought it was a good description of her. wink

Actually I haven't played this game, looked cool though.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mafia Girl
Paranoid Insomniac

I played it graphics are good im just horrible at it....i get freaked out and start shooting people and then im all alone. roll eyes (sarcastic) have yall seen the movie the game is based on?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 07:03 AM
Mafia Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Mafia Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Mafia Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Of course! The Thing is my all time favorite JC film! 2nd would be Big Trouble in Little China!

Now that would make a great game! thumb up

BF stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 07:19 AM
BackFire

haha, big trouble in little china kicks ass.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 07:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I grew up watching that movie! thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 07:43 AM
BackFire

Me too, that would be a damn fun game....they might have one already though... for like nintendo..

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 07:47 AM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Me too, that would be a damn fun game....they might have one already though... for like nintendo..

They have a BTiLCT video game title out for one of the earlier 90's formats (Amiga i think ?) a feature on it can be found on the special edtion BTiLCT DVD.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 11:54 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

this game kick so much ass it not even funny. Its such a goog follow up to the great movie. I cant seem to beat the last bose though.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:44 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I just love the atmosphere! It's more creepy than the Resident Evils! thumb up

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 03:47 AM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

the u guys should play the Blair Witch games, even more creepy and u get a lot of story too

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:07 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

They have Blair WIthch games?!?

OMG! laughing out loud

They're really good?
What platform?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 05:19 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by Tex
They have Blair WIthch games?!?

OMG! laughing out loud

They're really good?
What platform?

There were three Blair Witch games released (all on the PC only) and they are:

Blair Witch Volume 1: Rustin Parr
Blair Witch Project Volume 2: The Legend of Coffin Rock
Blair Witch Volume 3 : The Elly Kedward Tale

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 06:27 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

thats right, u actuly u should play then in this order first the third. secound , and then the first one

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 07:02 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

and yeahy they are really good, very scary

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 07:02 PM