KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Do you like the two Ewok movies?

Do you like the two Ewok movies?
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

I have at least the Battle for Endor on tape, but you are a bit far from me sad

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

do you have a digital camera?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 10:57 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

No, but I hope to get one within the next couple of years....maybe someone else does.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 02:52 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, but they don't have the Ewok movies now do they?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 09:53 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

You won't know unless you ask them will you wink

Wern't the movies ever on tv there?????.....I could give you a blow by blow description of Battle for Endor, but the effect wouldn't be the same.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 03:37 AM
yerssot

Well, how can I ask them if they aren't here?

And no! only the ORIGINAL trilogy came on the tele, NOT the SE, NOT the holiday special NOT the Ewok movies...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 11:09 AM
Julie
The Student

Have you seen the Holiday special?

The first Ewok movie wasn't that great.... I wouldn't bust my brains trying to get a copy of that one, but Endor....well that's pretty good......

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:43 AM
yerssot

yes I have the holiday special (on hard disk I might ad!)

and for the rest...
was one of them a cartoon?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:41 AM
Julie
The Student

No they're live......with puppets and all ....I think

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:50 PM
SilentMike

I have seen battle of endor on tape, the one with the quaker oats guy; and the huge spider at the end.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2002 09:49 AM
Click here to Send SilentMike a Private Message Find more posts by SilentMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I saw those on the Disney channel. Go to a video store yerss (Duh!).

The Caravan of Courage was the first one. It was okay. The Gorax creature (looks like an extremely ugly and extremely tall monkey/gorilla) was the same animation as the Rancor. They crash a ship that looks like the Starspeeder 3000 from Star Tours, Mace and Cindel Towani's parents get captured by the Gorax, Wicket and his Ewok friends from the movie (and more) help them get to there parents. Shows that Endor isn't all forest. They cross a desert for a few days. And it goes a little into the rituals of the Ewoks (although some people just don't give a crap). They save the parents and the Gorax is slain. The end.

The Battle for Endor was the second one. This was better. The Towani family is still living with the Ewoks and are repairing the ship they own. Then the Marauders (guys that look like wrinkled, leathery humans crossed with monkeys) attack the village because the Towani family has a power generator to the ship and think it is the power of the stars (retards), kill Mace Towani and the Towani parents, a few Ewoks, and the rest of the Ewoks and Cindel are taken captive and turned into slaves. Cindel and Wicket escape, but Cindel is attacked by some kind of flying dragon thing. They meet a speedy creature (cute thing but lame idea) and it's owner. He helps them a little. They sneak into the castle of the Marauders, steal back the generator, kill the King of the Marauders, and the old man and Cindel say good bye to everyone and take off in an almost exact replica of the Starspeeder 3000, like the Towani ship. This movie shows how "sneaky" the Ewoks are. They do have tricks up there sleaves...

They're okay. Not that good, but okay. At least it's not as horrible as the Holiday Special (the holiday it was released on was Ruin Star Wars' TV Future Day).

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2002 01:17 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Thank you Capt Rex....I didn't even remember their last name!
BTW, the fast little creature was named Tiink.....don't pay attention to the way I spelled it. I agree, the Battle for Endor was better. Neither movie even comes close to any of the original trilogy movies, but as stand alones they weren't that bad.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2002 11:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I've found some names. There's

Old Post Feb 6th, 2002 02:47 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oops! I hit the Submit button instead of Browse. There's Teek, the speedy creature thing. He is friends with the old man and stays behind to live with the Ewoks in the end of the second movie.
Terak is the King of the Marauders. He thinks a power generator is the "Power of the Stars." He uses a sword and a weak, customized blaster.
Charal is Terak's advisor. She has a magic ring that can turn her into a raven. She is betrayed by Terak and locked up in the dungeon. She escapes, but her ring falls off and she is trapped as a raven on Endor forever.

Things that I thought were weird in both movies:
1. Mace Towani's and the Marauders' blasters shoot ion cannon lasers.
2. Ravens, horses, and frogs are everywhere to be seen.
3. Everything looks like a disgruntled monkey (the Marauders, the Gorax, a creature that the group is almost caught by, etc.)

Attachment: terak & charal.jpg
This has been downloaded 27 time(s).

Old Post Feb 6th, 2002 02:56 AM
Julie
The Student

hmmm....actually I think the whole movie looked pretty weird. Definately not Star Wars, but ok for spin offish movies. I agree the disgruntled monkey creature were ugly.

Thanks again for the names.

The lady Charal is strange wink

Old Post Feb 6th, 2002 11:28 PM