KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- COMBAT PATH

USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- COMBAT PATH
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- COMBAT PATH

Welcome to the Combat Section of my on-line Matrix RP! If you like the way the game was doing things so far, you should like this! If not… well, I’m not perfect…

I’ve spoken a lot about this in the past already so I won’t go over everything again now. However, I will provide some basic rules for this section as a reference guide for you.

- Communication with your combat path counterparts, via phone, is normally but not always allowed. Technically speaking you guys may even run into each other, in either case it works like in my Star Wars game, me copy/pasting your words into the other thread and awaiting reply.

- For you guys, you pretty much engage in the same things you have been doing anyway. You have a mission to complete, stay focussed. It does not get any easier from here. I hope you guys will establish a decent team dynamic on a smaller scale than before. Most of you know how to fight; make sure the team fights as well as it can.

- Each Path has an objective to be scored, which, aside from the plot differences, is worth experience points. For you guys, this scoring is team-based. You stand or fall as a team. Either you are all successful or you all are not, there is no in-between. You will have to rely on, and trust upon, each other. Your objective is a clearly definable goal. I will TELL you when it is coming, do not worry.

- You guys will be expected to be doing spectacularly dangerous stuff, facing guys who are spectacularly dangerous. But then, you guys ARE the heroes… and you get a little edge. This comes in the form of Fortune Points. Now, should I ever literally convert the entire off-line system, you can actually get these guys for every Assignment, but for right now, you Combat guys get the chance to earn temporary fortune points in game. You earn them by performing exceptionally flashy stunts or stylish performances where none is necessarily required. Don’t take the piss on this- trying to flip where you can walk everywhere scores nothing. But such spectacular, movie-like acts will earn you a temporary fortune point, which must be spent before the Assignment is done. Fortune can be spent to do one of the following:

1. Negate a risk. Example, I say if you go down that corridor, the falling crates may hit you. Spend a fortune and they will not. Note if the crates WILL hit you, without me rolling, Fortune is useless- it makes you lucky, not superman.
2. Gain favour in selection. If I say “The guy with the rocket launcher fires at one of you three” you can spend a fortune to make sure it is NOT you but one of the other two. Anti-social, maybe, but sometimes essential for a wounded character.
3. Reverse a problematic event. This can only go so far, but an example may be a sweep kick that knocks you to the ground. Spend a fortune so you still take the damage… but stay upright
4. Fight better. Simply, you can spend a fortune to gain a d6 roll to add to any one attack, or to your defence to any one attack made against you.

- Finally, remember why you are here. For all the intellectual achievements of the Philosophy Path, and for all they may find out, none of it can achieve anything without you. There are very few situations in the Matrix films, despite all its intellectual backdrop, that can be solved by a means other than force of arms. This is a war, and humanity needs soldiers. You are those soldiers, and yet you are not mindless ranks of stormtroopers. You are intelligent, elite warriors, and the human race needs you, needs you to win victories for them. You are doing your duty for Zion and that is worth a great deal. But, whilst appreciating your importance, remember two things. First of all, without understanding, your victories may not achieve much. You need people who can understand and interpret events that have happened in order to best direct your energies. And secondly, to expand on that, do not underestimate the importance of what the Philosophy players are doing. They may not seem to defeat armies or bring down villains, but they are as important as you are. And do not worry, I am telling them the same thing about you.

Ok, on you go, good luck.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 2nd, 2004 at 09:34 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You guys are standing outside the lifts to the 13th floor, as the Philosophy guys climb up to the 13th.

The lift light behind you changes as the lift ascends to the sixth floor.

That's odd... you don't even remember it going down.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ok, cool
I like the fortune point thingy!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:58 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Thought you would appreciate it...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:08 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Just read the second to last post.
"Oh, shit!"
Draws mp5, and points it at elevator while still covering it with my jacket

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:10 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The lift light changes as the lift ascends to the sixth floor.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:12 PM
Peach
mordrem

"This...can't be good."

San puts a hand in her pocket where one of her guns is, out of sight but can be drawn at a moments notice.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:14 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(waits for people to notice)

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:15 PM
Peach
mordrem

I'm pretty sure that me and Burn are the only ones in this group that are currently on...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:28 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Then one of you had better notice, and quick! What specifically just happened?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:29 PM
Peach
mordrem

...the light changed?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

From what to what?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:38 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, I'd assume that since the elevator is now for some reason heading to the 6th floor, that the number 6 would be lit up...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And what happened just a moment before that?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:44 PM
Peach
mordrem

It started going up, but we didn't even notice it coming down...hmm...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Before I mentioned that bit.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 09:50 PM
Peach
mordrem

We're standing outside the elevators to the 13th floor while the Philosophy guys go up...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 10:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No no no... about the lift JUST before I mentioned that you did not see it go down...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 10:10 PM
Peach
mordrem

And if I'm missing something glaringly obvious here I blame it on the fact that I have a headache.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 10:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok! Just read what I said, carefully...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 10:14 PM