KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- COMBAT PATH

USH'S MATRIX GAME: THIRD ASSIGNMENT- 'Eliminate'- COMBAT PATH
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

The program has changed, they messed with something in the matrix
Like in M1 where Neo sees the cat twice and they blocked them in the building.
we gotta be on high alert
BTW, who is our local combat Vet?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:20 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mors.

And yes, that's a System change! And you know somethihg, Burn... you don't remember that huge metal grille blocking the entrance to the stairwell wait the sign saying "Out of order" being there 30 seocnds ago when Fire and the rest went through there!

Your phone rings.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:23 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Yo, Adriane, what the f*ck just happened and what the hell is coming our way?"

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:26 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's Dallas.

"Ok, we're writing this one off," says Dallas. "Get the hell away from the lifts, you got a ton of SWAT coming up through them and the stairs!"

The lift reaches floor 13 and the doors start to open...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:35 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"MOVE, MOVE, MOVE, MOVE! SH*T LOAD OF SWAT IN LIFTS! GO! FIND COVER!"
*Looks around for cover*

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:37 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, well, as you may have guessed, we are about to go into Combat Time here!

Before I go on, here are some important points to remember:

1. Numbers! You are simply smaller as a group than you were; ad just your tactics accordingly

2. Version change. Rounds are now FOUR actions again. However, it ie easier to gain a fifth via exertion. Exertion now loses you an action at 3 and gains you one at -3 for EVERYONE. Your speed now dictates your starting exertion each round. Speed 10 characters start at 0 exertion but get a bonus action straight away.

3. Synchronisation. Bane of my SW game, the fights will sometimes have to wait for the OTHER thread to catch up. I try to avoid that when I can but some events are important, timing wise. Sorry!

Everybody ready?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:48 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Im ready
But...
I never really understood the exertion and now you just made it more complex, ARRG!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:54 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I can't see any way in which it is more complex. get to 3 you lose an action, get to -3 you gain one.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 01:00 AM
Peach
mordrem

Oh yay...SWAT guys. Is there any cover for us around?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 05:25 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

YAY!!!!!!! swat guys!!!!!Fun for the whole family!!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok! Let's kick this off! Again, as you have had warning of this fight, you can begin with weapons drawn.

For your orientation, you are currently in a corridor that the lifts lead out onto. There is little cover here- maybe the water cooler or the odd trolley, worth only one point. There is an exit to the toilets (dead end), to the lifts (full of SWAT), to the stairway (now system changed so it is blocked off), and into the open plan office.

Three of the six lifts are opening and disgorging SWAT. They are armed with either assault rifles or shotguns. They are skill 9, with two points of body armour.

Incidentally, SOMEONE needs to stay on the phone to Dallas. That person will be impeded if trying to use a melee weapon and, obviously, cannot wield a two-handed weapon or two pistols!

Note the numbers attached to Mundanes now. The first number is their suffered Hits, the second their exertion.

Also remember that, in an action, people with the lowest exertion go first.

-----

STATE OF PLAY AT: First Round, first action

Lift corridor

6 SWAT with shotguns 0/0
12 SWAT with assault rifles 0/0

Mors: 11/0/-1
Burn: 8/0/0
Ares: 8/0/0
Cloud: 15/0/-1
San: 11/0/0
Barbarossa: 10/0/0
Hammurabi: 11/0/-1

CURRENTLY OWED ACTIONS: Burn (1), Ares (1), San (1), Barbarossa (1)

-----

Those four are owed actions because their high speed meant they actually started on -3 exertion which translates into an extra action.

Everyone goes before the SWAT guys- either because you are on lower exertion, or because you are on the same exertion and get player privilege.

As you guys should know, you want to hit these guys as hard as possible. Don't forget to post defensive actions if you want them, and don;t forget to post extera ones if you charge into combat! They will get their bonus attacks on you, probably a couple at a time.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 30th, 2003 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:32 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Auto-defence=willow step, unless otherwise stated
3 burst on Shotgun guy
3 bursts on another shotgun guy
(end of one very fast action)
4 bursts on a assault rifle guy
(end of another very fast action)
reload- I think I have to- 10 bursts per clip right..
(end of main action)
3 burst on another assault rifle guy
3 bursts on another assault guy
(end of very fast)
4 on another assault guy
(end of another very fast)
Reload
(end of main turn)

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Wowsa! Which reminds me, Burn. I have you an MP5K Machine pistol instead of the MP5... beause you STILL wouldn't have any clips with the MP5! it is the exact same bulk/weight as the shotgun! As it is, you have one.

Ok, you open fire. Your opening shot is an... evens! How dull. That is a final total of 15, his dodge took him to 11. Ugh! Just short. He is Hit for 4 (your Killing Power with that gun is +3)

Your second burst from your first atack is much better- a +3 blows that guy away!

Your next attack rolls -2, but that is still a 16! And that is a dead on kill, nice shooting!

Ok, then for your main action you re-load... gaianing you two exertion as you put a main with two Very Fasts... but losing you one due to Lightning Reload!

A-ha! But now things become clever. Because now your exertion is ahead of theirs, they now get to act first. Your second turn will come AFTER they fire, and I shall do it when I update.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:08 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

ok, cool
damn, I gotta pack a lighter pistol or something!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:12 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Can I attack now?

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:21 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Alright, let's take these guys out!

For my banked action:
3 bursts on a shotgun guy.
For my main action:
If the shotgun guy I fired at last turn isn't dead, 3 more bursts on him. If so, 3 bursts on an assault rifle guy.

Shell of the Turtle against any attacks coming my way.

(okay guys, here's some notes here. Main one: WATCH YOUR AMMO. If you run low, steal a gun from a bad guy or something, but ammo runs out fast. And pay attention to who attacks who. Gunners provide cover fire for whoever will run in and fight close combat, which will probably be Cloud and possibly myself.

Oh, and apparently I'm coming down with the flu, so if I just randomly disappear...that's why.)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:22 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Cloud, sure, go for it!

San, you open fire. You roll +1 for a total of 17. His dodge takes him to 11, after the armour, that is a Hit for 4.

You fire again, rolling +1 again, taking him directly to a Hit of 8, and he is out!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:28 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I'll attack the closest guy with a shotgun.
Then Willow Step for defence.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:29 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Attacking how, Cloud?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:41 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Oh right I forgot, WEAPON attack with my katana.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:44 PM