KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » all you hip-hop haters

all you hip-hop haters
Started by: John Smith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yo Metal Face is right Aesop Rock is gonna blow up soon. gettin lot of popularity. im not much of a fan of Aesop Rock.

my favorites are Mos Def, Ras Kass, Chino xl, etc etc
o yea and Slug from Atmosphere.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 10:01 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i like the Chino xl diss to Pac in 96.
heres a small part of the freestyle
"Wrapping my yellow hands around your esophagus 'til your face turns purple like it was Leaky Leak, a ni**a with one ball shouldn't speak"
-2pac Diss Freestyle, 1996

lol

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 10:03 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

Re: all you hip-hop haters

quote:
Originally posted by John Smith
i want you all to give me some good reasons why rap is "bad" or "sucks".
and dont tell me about all these clowns on TV and the radio who talked about money,drugs,and bitches.i'm talking about real artists like mf doom,qwel,sage francis,slug(sean loves ugly girls),aesop rock,common sense,diverse,brother ali,pip skid,fermented reptile,j-live,madlib,ect

when you can tell me why those people are "bad",or "suck,then i'll listen

i guarantee that nobody in any other genre of music can come close to being the writers that sage francis,aesop rock,and so many others are.

1st paragraph and 2nd things> rap is bad. the end, end of story. rap has no tune, no melody, blah blah blah, none of that. it doesn't sound nice either, not all of it talks about crap and stuff, but if you hear it, that is automaticly what pops into your mind, mine atleast. rap is is a bunch of nonsence crunched together, and rymed. a rap song consists of all the following:

a rapper - an ill educated loser sitting on the side of the street who thinks he can make himself a living by throwing together words, and calling it a song

a drummer - some dude beating on the gound with a stick

a guitar player - some one with a decent enough education to buy a guitar, that sucks so bad at playing it, this is where he ended up

3rd paragraph thing > i just told you, hope you where listening

4th paragragh thing > don't go around dissing other genre's when you have no right in the world to tell someone that rap is better than any other one, you may prefer it more than something else, but you have no right once so ever to say that one is better than the other, it is not for you to decide

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 12:03 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: all you hip-hop haters

ignorant people like this is why i made this thread.people who haven't even given hip hop a chance and judge it by what they hear on the radio and on TV.

-1st paragraph and 2nd things> rap is bad. the end, end of story. rap has no tune, no melody, blah blah blah, none of that(explain to me how rap has no melody or tune...and yes,i'm sure your music has blah,blah,blah)
-it doesn't sound nice either(nice?what the hell.it sounds mean?)
not all of it talks about crap and stuff, but if you hear it, that is automaticly what pops into your mind, mine atleast(that's because you're ignorant and wont give it a chance.you even admitted it by saying that when they do have somethin to say,u just wont listen.you wont listen because you're ignorant and go into the song hating it.you wont give it a chance no matter what because you're so set on hating hip-hop.so your opinion is pretty much worthless as far as it being a reasonable one.)
-rap is is a bunch of nonsence crunched together(tell me exactly what u mean by that.crunched together?), and rymed. a rap song consists of all the following:

a rapper - an ill educated loser sitting on the side of the street who thinks he can make himself a living by throwing together words, and calling it a song(see,like i said,this person is as ignorant as it gets.she's used to all these dumb thugs she sees on tv.all these no good punks videos she sees on mtv and bet.a lot of rappers are actually very educated and have college educations/degrees.like j-live,talib kweli,common sense,ect.j-live is actually a high school english teacher in Ohio.more rappers are educated and intelligent than there are bum mc's who sell drugs and talk about non sense.but she doesnt know this because she thinks that what she sees on tv represents how everybody is like.typical of her generation.and FYI,i cant even count how many country artists throw a bunch of sappy words about a girl they miss and call it a song.)

a drummer - some dude beating on the gound with a stick
a guitar player - some one with a decent enough education to buy a guitar, that sucks so bad at playing it, this is where he ended up(ok,this says it all about nazgulinthedark.a typical rap song consists of an MC and the beat.there are very few actual bands like the roots who actually use live instruments.once and awhile they will use a guitarist ect., but for the most part its just the rapper and a beat machine.so you have no idea what you're talking about.its obvious that u dont even know enough about the genre to give an accurate description so please stop making a fool out of yourself.)

3rd paragraph thing > i just told you, hope you where listening(actually,you didnt tell me anything worth remembering)

4th paragragh thing > don't go around dissing other genre's (like i said,i wasnt dissing other genre's.and i do have the right to diss whoever i want.even tho i wasnt dissing anybody.this is a free country ,remember?)
when you have no right in the world to tell someone that rap is better than any other one(once again you prove you're as worthless as a two dollar bill when it comes to opinions.i said that hip hop mc's are better WRITERS in MY OPINION.not better artists.just better at writing.and yes,that is my opinion.i could care less if u agree with it or not)
you may prefer it more than something else, but you have no right once so ever to say that one is better than the other, it is not for you to decide (hahaha,actually,it is for me to decide because it's my opinion.i'm not gonna let somebody else decide my opinion for me.)

i would like to hear you answers to the questions i have.it should be humorious if anything.

that being said,i like how all of this is coming from a toby keith fan.do you know how horrible country is????omfg,rap may not be the best genre of music,but at least its not the WORST genre of music like country is.

country music:
-same old boring music that sounds not only like every other song the artist has made,but every other country song ever made.
-no talent rednecks who drive around in their trucks asking their sisters and cousins out.
-country artists have never heard of the word concept.every damn song is about a girl or guy they're crying about.or they're hound dog that died,so they moan about.every song is the same.sounds the same.a bunch of sappy music with lyrics most musicians can come up with on the spot.oh,my girlfriend.oh my died dog.oh please,get something else to talk about besides relationships and broken hearts.
-country sucks so much,i'll let everybody else come up with their own reasons why it sucks ass.

i dunno,maybe it's because i don't drive a truck and my uncle isnt my sisters husband,but i dont get country at all and it flat out sucks.i've listened to a lot of country in my life because i know old boring people,and i have never liked a song, but at least i gave it a chance

but like i said,naz is the reason i started this thread.she basis her opinion of rap on what she's hears on the radio and tv.or what she thinks hip hop is.even if she did hear people who actually have talent,she would still say it sucks because she wont even give it a chance.no matter how good it may be,she wont budge.i never wanna be like that.a person who judges things they know nothing about.all because she has this wacked opinion in her mind of what hip hop music is.

if anything,you dont have the right to say hip hop sucks or is bad.who are you to decide that?
especially when you listen to country

Last edited by John Smith on Dec 31st, 2003 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 01:27 AM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I personally don't care for hiphop at all. I've heard some of the "underground" hip hop artists (a few of my friends are heavy hiphop fans) and while you can tell they put a bit more effort into their.....rhymes.... they still just don't appeal to me. I just find all the hiphop I've heard to be extremely repetitive and simple. The same 5 second beat repeated over and over again for 4 minutes, plus, I prefer musicians that play their own instruments.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 02:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Account Restricted

there's definatly a lot of hip-hop that dont have repetitive beats what so ever.depends on the producer of the particular song.there's a lot of great hip hop u havent heard.but there's just some people who'll never like it good or not.and there's good acts that use their own instruments.just not many.anywy,there's a lot of music out there i just dont feel either,so i can get what u mean i guess.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 04:02 AM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

hehehehe i suggest everyone to listen to this song by Ras Kass its called Nature of Threat.

John Smith u heard it?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:02 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: all you hip-hop haters

quote:
Originally posted by John Smith
ignorant people like this is why i made this thread.people who haven't even given hip hop a chance and judge it by what they hear on the radio and on TV.

(explain to me how rap has no melody or tune...and yes,i'm sure your music has blah,blah,blah)

-it has no melody or tune because you can not put it in to note form and plat it back to yourself on an instrument that plays notes, a dum does not play notes, it plays beats-

(that's because you're ignorant and wont give it a chance.you even admitted it by saying that when they do have somethin to say,u just wont listen.you wont listen because you're ignorant and go into the song hating it.you wont give it a chance no matter what because you're so set on hating hip-hop.so your opinion is pretty much worthless as far as it being a reasonable one.)

-i never said that, you don't listen obviosly-

(see,like i said,this person is as ignorant as it gets.she's used to all these dumb thugs she sees on tv.all these no good punks videos she sees on mtv and bet.a lot of rappers are actually very educated and have college educations/degrees.like j-live,talib kweli,common sense,ect.j-live is actually a high school english teacher in Ohio.more rappers are educated and intelligent than there are bum mc's who sell drugs and talk about non sense.but she doesnt know this because she thinks that what she sees on tv represents how everybody is like.typical of her generation.and FYI,i cant even count how many country artists throw a bunch of sappy words about a girl they miss and call it a song.)

-my cable provider, thank god, doesn't pick up those channels
and you said that you "bet" alot of rappers have degrees, therefore you have no background knowledge of the ubject you are trying to defend-

(ok,this says it all about nazgulinthedark.a typical rap song consists of an MC and the beat.there are very few actual bands like the roots who actually use live instruments.once and awhile they will use a guitarist ect., but for the most part its just the rapper and a beat machine.so you have no idea what you're talking about.its obvious that u dont even know enough about the genre to give an accurate description so please stop making a fool out of yourself.)

-well by the describtion of county you had, i'd say i know alot more about rap, than you country-

(actually,you didnt tell me anything worth remembering)

-atleast i told you somthing that i had thought through-

(like i said,i wasnt dissing other genre's.and i do have the right to diss whoever i want.even tho i wasnt dissing anybody.this is a free country ,remember?)

-but to tell some one else that rap is better is not a right you have, it is against their opion, and don't tell me that i am being a hipocrite saying this because you asked me to tell you why rap sucked-

(once again you prove you're as worthless as a two dollar bill when it comes to opinions.i said that hip hop mc's are better WRITERS in MY OPINION.not better artists.just better at writing.and yes,that is my opinion.i could care less if u agree with it or not)

-and i don't agree, and if you hadn't noticed, two dollars bills, since being removed from the mint, and concedered rare, and are worth more than two dollars-

(hahaha,actually,it is for me to decide because it's my opinion.i'm not gonna let somebody else decide my opinion for me.)

-like i said, you can decide that, but you can't make me think that it is better-

i would like to hear you answers to the questions i have.it should be humorious if anything.

-i just gave you answers, hope you had a laugh-

that being said,i like how all of this is coming from a toby keith fan.do you know how horrible country is????omfg,rap may not be the best genre of music,but at least its not the WORST genre of music like country is.

-i don't see how me being a toby keith fan makes any defference, and i'd like to introduce you to the worst genre, it's name is bluegrass-

country music:
-same old boring music that sounds not only like every other song the artist has made,but every other country song ever made.
-no talent rednecks who drive around in their trucks asking their sisters and cousins out.
-country artists have never heard of the word concept.every damn song is about a girl or guy they're crying about.or they're hound dog that died,so they moan about.every song is the same.sounds the same.a bunch of sappy music with lyrics most musicians can come up with on the spot.oh,my girlfriend.oh my died dog.oh please,get something else to talk about besides relationships and broken hearts.
-country sucks so much,i'll let everybody else come up with their own reasons why it sucks ass.

-heres my reason it "sucks ass": it doesn't cuss every other word, it makes sence, and you can understand what they are saying-

i dunno,maybe it's because i don't drive a truck and my uncle isnt my sisters husband,but i dont get country at all and it flat out sucks.i've listened to a lot of country in my life because i know old boring people,and i have never liked a song, but at least i gave it a chance

-most of the men in the u.s. drive trucks
old people listen to the singers that lives in the 20s, that yes, samg pretty much only about losing there girls, but if you know anything about coiuntry of today, many magazines call it "almost rock and roll" -

but like i said,naz is the reason i started this thread.she basis her opinion of rap on what she's hears on the radio and tv.or what she thinks hip hop is.even if she did hear people who actually have talent,she would still say it sucks because she wont even give it a chance.no matter how good it may be,she wont budge.i never wanna be like that.a person who judges things they know nothing about.all because she has this wacked opinion in her mind of what hip hop music is.

-you obviously can't get the idea that i don't like rap, i don't listen to rap, and i don't watch rap on the tv, but i do know enough about rap to say that i don't like it-

if anything,you dont have the right to say hip hop sucks or is bad.who are you to decide that?
especially when you listen to country
-i don't see how the fact that i listen to sountry has any thing to do with it, if i listened to something else, would you be putting up this sam argument?-[/COLOR]

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 04:08 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: all you hip-hop haters

-it has no melody or tune because you can not put it in to note form and plat it back to yourself on an instrument that plays notes, a dum does not play notes, it plays beats-

now i know you're full of it.plenty of rap acts have had bands play their music live.like i said,stop talkin shit about stuff u dont know about

-my cable provider, thank god, doesn't pick up those channels
and you said that you "bet" alot of rappers have degrees, therefore you have no background knowledge of the ubject you are trying to defend-

hahaha,i was talking about BET the channel ya dummy.not " i bet".it's a fact that college rappers have degrees and good education.get out more and actually try to know what you're talkin about

that yes, samg pretty much only about losing there girls, but if you know anything about coiuntry of today, many magazines call it "almost rock and roll" -

you just admitted how much country sucks.nothing new.same old boring predictable country.

anyway,i'm not gonna argue with this girl.i was sittin here tryin to figure out how somebody could be so ignorant.then i saw she was like 13.so that explains it.there's no hope.

but like i said,she's dissing hip hop when she likes country,hahahaha

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:25 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

and so being older than me automaticly means that you are smarter, and know more in each and every subject than i do? i don't think so, however old you may be, i can garentee, i know alot more in atleast one subject than you do

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 05:53 PM
Bad Boy
Kevski

John Smith knows wot he's talking abot, and you need to get a musical education...... and I'm not even a huge hip hop fan!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 06:21 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

agree^

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 06:50 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

miffed

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 07:07 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

thats how u look like^

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 08:47 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

One reason I don't like hip hop is because of all that East coast vs. West coast they seem to talk in their music. From poping out a 45 to driving a brand new mercedez is there anything that they can make seem more like real life? Am I not correct on saying that Tupac wrote in one of his songs that he was going to kill Biggie cuz of the West coast thing? I mean what is that all about???

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 08:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

wrong. tupac said its not about east or west, its about money and bitchs etc etc power and money etc etc. he said that in the song called Bomb First. he dissed jay-z (which made me smile cuz i hate jay) and its basically not west vs east. its just whoever makes the best sales in the record industry. winner takes all but the people thought of it as new york vs cali. west vs east was a waste of time and lives. mainstream is mostly crap.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 08:59 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

messed confused...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 09:19 PM
Deathblow
-

i used to hate hip hop but now i can see its appeal and have stopped all this dumb 'rap vs rock' pointless shit which i was on before.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2003 09:24 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
thats how u look like^

what???

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 02:09 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

"what???" indeed

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 03:18 AM