KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » all you hip-hop haters

all you hip-hop haters
Started by: John Smith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Killer
Glampire

not willing to tell.

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:28 AM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

rap is bulshit because they play it on the radio, and try and shove it down my throat in society. I also have to hear it from these f-ucking dickheads who feel they have to pump the garbage up as high as it will go in there car radios. the shit is so loud you cant hear any thing, they just play it so loud so people will think there hard or somthing, or someone will see how much base there peice of shit car can pump out. I know some rap can be considered music. I have no problem with that garbage, because atleast it is artistic expression. but the shit the is cluttered in society and on t.v and on the news, and on the streests, and in the cars. Is this bullshit about people talkin about how much money they got. There talking about shit they have never expierenced or went through. i mean this shit isnt even artistic expression. it's just a way to get rich or spread there name. All the rappers who incorperate meaning in there music, and produce sounds that sound like music. Are few and far between, there not the ones polluting society. It's the other assholes. im sick of the shit to.

maybe these people should learn how to play an instrument, and stop looking at word a day calenders and actually learn words, instead of looking up big words which make them appear to have a vocabulary when every other word is ****. even the so called good rappers cant rap without profanity being rampant in every sentence

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 11:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

thumb up

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 04:09 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

RR there are many intellectual rappers out there. well underground rappers in a way. Ras Kass (listen to the song Nature OF THreat lot of people got pissed at him for that), Chino XL etc etc etc

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 06:35 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

BAD THREAD IDEA ALERT BAD THREAD IDEA ALERT man are u just looking for a beating of a lifetime

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:40 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

el barto u listen to mainstream rap man. it does suck.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:41 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
rap is bulshit because they play it on the radio, and try and shove it down my throat in society. I also have to hear it from these f-ucking dickheads who feel they have to pump the garbage up as high as it will go in there car radios. the shit is so loud you cant hear any thing, they just play it so loud so people will think there hard or somthing, or someone will see how much base there peice of shit car can pump out. I know some rap can be considered music. I have no problem with that garbage, because atleast it is artistic expression. but the shit the is cluttered in society and on t.v and on the news, and on the streests, and in the cars. Is this bullshit about people talkin about how much money they got. There talking about shit they have never expierenced or went through. i mean this shit isnt even artistic expression. it's just a way to get rich or spread there name. All the rappers who incorperate meaning in there music, and produce sounds that sound like music. Are few and far between, there not the ones polluting society. It's the other assholes. im sick of the shit to.

maybe these people should learn how to play an instrument, and stop looking at word a day calenders and actually learn words, instead of looking up big words which make them appear to have a vocabulary when every other word is ****. even the so called good rappers cant rap without profanity being rampant in every sentence

somebody give this guy a hug...a puppy..somethin'

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 08:58 PM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

ROFL yo but RR u use to like rap man.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 09:00 PM
John Smith
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by el_barto
BAD THREAD IDEA ALERT BAD THREAD IDEA ALERT man are u just looking for a beating of a lifetime

my fault,i should have said this in my first post:

NO GAY SIGNATURES ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 09:00 PM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA....5 second pause
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 09:02 PM
bunnies = omens
Loves Be-hatch

Ok, havent really read a lot of the past posts but I am a hip-hop fan so of course im gonna post.

My fave artists are Tupac, Eminem, Jay-Z, Common and Ice Cube.

im also a IV Life records fan, anyone else digging them? bringing the westcoast back!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 10:57 PM
bunnies = omens is currently offline Click here to Send bunnies = omens a Private Message Find more posts by bunnies = omens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

rap sucks

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 02:32 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i dont think people understand that their are different kinds of rap/hip hop.

Those people that bunnies= omens typed down are all mainstream. i dont think anyone here has heard the underground stuff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:05 AM
Gotwa
Ring Master

As I said in another thread.

quote:
Now onto the next topic. Why do I hate rap, and it's underground counterpart. Well, survey says:

1) All it is, is a cheap attempt at poetry with beats.
2) Almost every song starts off with a gutteral sound, or if you don't understand that, YO YO YO, UNGH, ALRIGHT HERE WE GO, YEA, UH HUH
3) The rapper rarely keeps in decent time with the beats.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:19 AM
Gotwa is currently offline Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

Now, before you attack me;

This doesn't mean I discourage people from listening to it. Some of my best friends listen to rap. I myself have different values. I listen to Death Metal. I love it because it is completely underground, purge rage into its music, and it gets the adrenaline pumping.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:21 AM
Gotwa is currently offline Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

well i dont read every single post by every single person on the forum. i would luv to but i dont have time. and remember i wasn't only referring to u.

ummm have u heard the good songs not the crap ones. Have u heard stuff by Ras Kass? Chino XL? Mf DOom? Mos DEF!! etc etc. plz tell me the songs u dont like. dont assume all of it sux.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:23 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i have question:
whats "death metal" like? i would like to know since i never heard anything.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:23 AM
Gotwa
Ring Master

Hmm.. I'll give you some examples to download. They're safe to download since almost no Major or Minor Record Label wants Death Metal, except a few, which aren't unwanted anyways.

Download :

Nile - Unas Slayer of the Gods
Behemoth - As Above So Below
Shadows Fall - Thoughts Without Words
and..
Killswitch Engage - Fixation on the Darkness

Any of the above will work.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:25 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i wont download YET. tell me how the music sounds is it crazy? loud? very loud? is it more like rock?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:28 AM
bunnies = omens
Loves Be-hatch

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dont think people understand that their are different kinds of rap/hip hop.

Those people that bunnies= omens typed down are all mainstream. i dont think anyone here has heard the underground stuff.

True, but I like other stuff as well.

Aesop rock, Murs, pharacyde, Mista Cane, Arsen, Cristyle...

they rank up there on my list to.

To be honest i havent brought any albums in a short while, im just messin wiv mixtapes right now

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2004 03:28 AM
bunnies = omens is currently offline Click here to Send bunnies = omens a Private Message Find more posts by bunnies = omens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote