KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Approaching Storm

The Approaching Storm
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Oh.

When I first got Conquest I read it two times in a row. Much like you are doing for Rebel Dream.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 05:01 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I'd contemplated doing that with Conquest....it was a really really good book....but just never got around to it...when all the NJO books are out...I'll read them again big grin

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

that is most definately the best way to go

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 09:14 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

How many more NJO books are there supposed to be?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Wasn't it shortened from 25 to 20 or so? If 25 the 14 to go. If 20 then 9 to go. I hope its 14 to go.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 10:47 PM
Julie
The Student

yea let's hope so....I could read them forever....I think

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 10:57 PM
LanceWindu

I wonder if they'll ever expand the series to last even longer. Like as long as the Emipre lasted. That would be really cool.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 10:59 PM
Julie
The Student

Why not just start a new series on the side.....

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 11:35 PM
LanceWindu

Like what?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2002 11:47 PM
Julie
The Student

I don't know.....but you know how they are ending Jedi apprentice and moving on to stories about Boba Fett and Obiwan and Anakin.....they could write a new series after NJO......that'd be stretching it but it could happen...the best idea would be to keep NJO going for another 10-15 years smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2002 11:44 PM
LanceWindu

Maybe they could skip some years in the NJO if they would go for that long. Then at the end of the series BEn Skywalker is a full fleged Jedi and he gets his own series of books.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2002 01:05 AM
Julie
The Student

They could start a series w/o him ever getting much NJO time....but it would be best if he was a little involved b/f they start a spinoff series.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2002 01:15 AM
LanceWindu

You know that YJK was made when not many books of the twins were out yet?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2002 02:06 AM
Julie
The Student

I think that's part of what made them so great....for me at least they were one of the first Star Wars books I'd ever read, and I immediately liked the characters...so it's fun to see them in NJO now b/c I know a bit about their characters.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2002 02:49 AM
LanceWindu

The first book of Star Wars I read before YJK was the abridged version of Shadows of the Empire

Old Post Apr 12th, 2002 04:21 AM
Julie
The Student

I don't think I ever read Shadows of the empire, but I played the video game...and then returned it wink

Old Post Apr 12th, 2002 10:00 PM
LanceWindu

There are two different versions of the Shados of the Empire book. One is only about 200 pages then the other is like 300 something.

I read the small one first then I started to read the next one and I got bored with it. Even though it's a good book.

I just felt I had read it before. Probably because I pretty much did.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2002 05:00 AM
Julie
The Student

So you'd recommend reading the long one first?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 01:23 AM
LanceWindu

Umm, yeah because the other one was more for kids who can't sit and read as much as we can.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 01:54 AM
Julie
The Student

poor them wink ...they don't know what they're missing smile

Old Post Apr 17th, 2002 10:02 PM