KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ancient Eqypt

Ancient Eqypt
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lara
Belladonna

The bible contradicts itself so keep it out of this.
what I ment by slaves was prisoners/convics and rebels.
they were assisted by craftsmen, sculpters and artists.

*guys my spelling is really slipping at the moment but I'm sure you can understand what I've written*

oh, and Yerss, its Hieroglyphs not what you wrote.!

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 09:25 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
The bible contradicts itself so keep it out of this.

This I wanna hear. Please explain Lara

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 11:00 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, explain! evil face

Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs Hieroglyphs

big grin

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 11:13 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Yers go watch the mummy and the mummy returns

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 12:11 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

no! that would give nightmares... of you!!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 12:54 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

the bible:
in the old testement it says what you should and shouldnt do and then in the new testement it says something completely different. I tend not to read it because it confuses me.

off the top of my head yerss I can only name a few but there are loads. I'll check it out over the holidays in my long absense from the boards then when I come back I might know most of their names. thats provided that this thread stays open that long!

Hieroglyphs are symbols that dipict writting or events that have happened in actual life(history) or in mythodical context.

Gods/ Goddesses:
Osiris
Anubis
Isis
Iris
Horus
Seth
Sobek
Bastet
and thats all I can think of at the moment!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:14 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

strange, you forgot Ra, the big chief...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:16 PM
Lara
Belladonna

like I said those were the only ones I can think of at the moment.
anyway Ra is the SUN GOD! not the chief god! Thats OSIRIS!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:20 PM
yerssot

I have been known to make mistakes ... from time to time...

and that part with the bible, what exactly are you talking about? The ten commandments?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:22 PM
Lara
Belladonna

like I said, it confuses me SO DROP IT WILL YOU!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:24 PM
yerssot

what? the bible or the ten commandments? big grin

sorry, had to say it

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:29 PM
Lara
Belladonna

the bible you ningcompoop!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:31 PM
yerssot

a what? new nick?

ok, I'll stop talking about the BIBLE

so, what was so important about writers in Egypt?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:37 PM
Lara
Belladonna

they were the most advanced culture at the time.
oh and the great pyramids at Giza they are tombs.
they are the tomb of three Pharos:
Khufu (Cheops) (being the largest)
Khafra (Chephren)
Menkaura (being the smallest.)
there have been doubts about the tombs because of the complexity of the tombs.

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:42 PM
yerssot

you haven't watch that thingie on tv then with those 3 writers who think there is much more

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 02:50 PM
Lara
Belladonna

no

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 03:15 PM
yerssot

well, there are three writers, who basicly are saying that there is more then we know; like the Egyptians used Pi and the scale of the pyramids is 1/52000 (the same scale used for the northern part of the world), there are no Hieroglyphs in the great pyramids accept in one room and so one so one...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 03:21 PM
finti

well Lara why it might confuse you is that the old testament is of an angry and vendictive God. As for the new testament is of a forgiving God.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 03:21 PM
Lara
Belladonna

exactly so thats why it confuses me and why I dont want to involve it in conversation anyway it is not relevant to this thread.

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 03:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'Chief' God VERY much depends on the period you are talking. There is actually plenty of room to say Ra was the boss. It;s all very complex.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 06:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote