KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ancient Eqypt

Ancient Eqypt
Started by: Lara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

nah, sorry, I thought that I heared it somewhere and also that Ra is the son of the sun or god of the sun and that the sun is the most worshiped object

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 06:37 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed. And Ra is often talked of in Egyptian Mythology as the 'Lord of the Gods'. Osiris also came after him, and was his heir.

Or was he? I mean, the whole deal was so screwed up according to who and when and where you were in Egypt, it;s difficult to be definitive about who the actual chief was.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2001 11:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

Amun-Ra was the chief god!

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 10:11 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

wasn't that in the beginning?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 10:37 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

I dunno!
but I found a really good site w/ loads of info on about AE.
http://myhome.shinbiro.com/~his96/world/Eqypt.htm
when I say loads it is literally loads.

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 11:27 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*gets to the site*
nice site

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 01:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm. You said Osiris was chief a little while back, Lara. See? I said it was all a bit tricky...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 06:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ok, now YOU tell me who the chief-god is!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 06:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, haven't I posted enough about that already? The Nile as a deity was pretty darn important as well.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 12:26 AM
yerssot

You just said that it was difficult to tell, I just asked if you knew what it was now

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 09:44 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'Now'? I didn't mean it was on rotation. I just meant that one of the variables about whom the 'Chief' deity is is what period of Egypt you are talking about.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 06:36 PM
yerssot

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Start with Tep-Zeppi and then onwards till where they changed their believes to the Islam

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2001 10:28 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right... so you want me to go through all the different parts of Egypt and the variouds Gods they worshoipped until the Kingdom was unified with dfue attention paid to Sumerian infleunce and then track various beleif systems through the ages until the whole mythology collapsed.

Not having a spare day, I won't bother.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2001 01:39 PM
yerssot

ow sad
*sob*
when do you have a spare day then?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2001 04:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll have loads in the New Year once my friends go back to Uni.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2001 08:15 PM
yerssot

But I want it now!
sad

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 10:50 AM
queeq
Chaos

Important gods in Egypt eh? Well, Amun was the biggest most of the time. Atum or Aten is actually the creator god and the oldest.

As for the dating of the pyramids, Ush. Trust me. THe Great pyramid is beyond ANY doubt built by Kofu. And give or take two hundred years we can date him pretty well.
If you want to know how certain this is, I'll tell you. The ultimate clue lies in the chambers ABOVE the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid. The King's Chamber is oblong shaped, which has puzzled Egyptologists for a while. How could a flat roof support those tons of weight above it? Rooms in pyramids when not entirely underground generally have pyramid shaped roofs to get the weight off to the sides.
Now, above the King's Chamber they have discovered over the years a number of chambers above it, five I think. And the top one has a small pyramid shaped like roof. A magnificent piece of work. It is actually in these chambers that the ultimate proof lies for it to be built in the time of Kofu. On the back wall of one of these chambers are quarry marks that continue BEHIND another block. This graffiti mentions none other than Kofu. THat's what I call CLINCHING evidence. This evidence has been accepted by all serious scholars and even by Bauval and Hancock.
If you want to read a very good book about all the so-called mysteries of the Pyramids and the Sphinx and what the real deal is here I suggest this book, came out two years ago: "Giza, the Truth."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 10:11 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

so that stone that mentions the pharo, why don't they take the stone out? Then they can read the entire line

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 10:46 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The problem, queeq, is that the other side puts up evidence that seems equally convincing. I'm not really prepared to decide a final opinion on this; I'll wait it out and watch the arguments go on.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 12:45 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Well Lara, I know your unable to answer any guestions at the moment, but I always wondered where royal Egyptians took shits.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:03 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote