KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Christmas

Christmas
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Christmas

Which holiday do you celebrate?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ was born?....I doubt it was on Dec 25th but He was born. Most of the songs and stuff are wrong but the Luke has the real story of the first Christmas....check it out smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 05:43 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

No I dont belive in Jesus and the bible stuff

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 09:35 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Jesus was born, there is proof to that
(why would the Romans talk about him if he didn't exist and he did their empire harm)

The bible isn't THAT correct, but it's very close and with a lot of symbolic in it

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 10:44 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Christmas has become 'more than the some of its parts'. Whether you are Christian or not it is a good time to celebrate what it represents- goodwill and so on, at the end of the year.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 01:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

or you can save the drinks for new year smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2001 01:30 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I appreciate your views ...thanks smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:29 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Christmas! Horray!!!!!!!!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:31 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Yeah..it's nice what it represents..and it's a good excuse to be a bit more cheery..that works for me. Hanakah and Christmas are both prominant here..so you don't have just one holiday shoved down your thought as much...that's a nice switch.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 04:22 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I went into Burgar King today, and the guy who served me said "Happy Holidays".

I then overheard him later say that he can't say "Merry Christmas", because it could offend different races. How rediculous is that?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:28 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Well you never know.....on the tv guide it says happy x mas or something like that.....People try hard not to offend others...but it doesn't work smile

Personally Merry Christmas is usu the normal phrase used around this time

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:32 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Same here. But they do have to be careful, because lawyers will sue people for anything these days.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:34 AM
Julie
The Student

True, these days you can be sued for stepping on someone's foot or looking at them the wrong way....
gee we might hurt their feelings roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:36 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I hate lawyers.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:37 AM
Julie
The Student

Do you know any personally?

I've been spared that pain and sorrow up to this point, but I have a friend who wants to be one.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:39 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

No, I don't know any. But I watch specails on 60 Minutes, and 48 Hours, and see that they try to get murderers and rapests back onto the streets.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:46 AM
Julie
The Student

Kinda makes one doubt the justice system....cops lock 'em away and lawyers set 'em free.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:49 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

There was a case somewhere, where a woman was at McDonalds, drinking a cup of coffee. She spilled some on herself, then SUED McDonald's for the coffee being to hot. She won the case.

What the hell is that all about?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:55 AM
Julie
The Student

I've heard about the case, but I didn't know she won...that's a sickening thought.

McDonalds had nothing to do with that "stupid" woman spilling coffee on herself!.....I triped on a sidewalk about 4 years back....does that mean that I can sue the town?......

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 06:03 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Probably!

So, next time you go to McDonald's, go in the morning and get some coffee. There is a warning label on it: WARNING: HOT. It's rediculous.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 06:23 AM
Julie
The Student

Really, McDonald coffee is hot?!? really....gee and I was going to pore it over my feet to warm them...bad idea right smile

Since that lady hit up McDonalds...you think Burger King's still fair game for a lawsuit wink ????.....seriously....people go crazy when it comes to easy money.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 06:26 AM