KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Big Fish

Big Fish
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blackpearlbabe1
Gotta Love Orlando!

its kinda hard to explain, but its really good!

My boys!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 10:48 PM
blackpearlbabe1 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearlbabe1 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearlbabe1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainSparrow
Cursed Pirate

quote:
Originally posted by blackpearlbabe1
its kinda hard to explain, but its really good!

It is very hard to explan. I've tried to explain the story to my friends to make them go see it, but i failed quite badly. Well, i guess it is easy to explain in a way, but the thing with a Tim Burton film is that you have to go and see it to totally understand it. It's not just the storyline that makes it a wonderful film, it's what you're seeing as well.

Savvy?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 09:42 AM
CaptainSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

It's an excellent movie, just go see it and you'll love it.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 09:47 AM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

indeed it was a good movie
i loved the ending

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 06:42 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainSparrow
Cursed Pirate

The ending was awful in the sense that it was way too emotional to watch in a cinema! I hurt when i left the screening because i'd held back from crying so much!

Savvy?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 02:27 PM
CaptainSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I loved this movie greatly yes
It just increased my appreciation of Tim Burton big grin
and the score was done by none other than Danny Elfman, also responsible for Sleepy Hollow and The Simpsons raver

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 05:47 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeepGroove

Big Fish

Hi everyone im new to the site, was wondering have any of you seen Big Fish? If so what did you think.. Thanks

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 11:26 PM
DeepGroove is currently offline Click here to Send DeepGroove a Private Message Find more posts by DeepGroove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

I have seen it, in December of last year. I really like it, is great, is funny, dramatic and has a lot of romance in it. Good combination and great movie
The whole cast is wonderful. What I want to do know is to buy the book and read it

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 05:09 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

you know we have a review section stick out tongue

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 05:15 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

You can read what ppl thought of it here:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...hlight=Big+Fish

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 05:49 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

Terrific movie! Ranks up there on Burton's best list.

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 03:49 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

seems this was more of a drama then fantasy.. I adore this movie tho. One of the few movies where I actually liked Jessica Lange. And of course Ewan is fantastic in it!!!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 04:34 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goodluck

Finally watched Big Fish...

Give it a 10/10. smile

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 11:12 AM
goodluck is currently offline Click here to Send goodluck a Private Message Find more posts by goodluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

k

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:50 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by goodluck
Give it a 10/10. smile
Fair score.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:54 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I thought the ending was totally lame. It ruined the whole movie for me. In fact, I think it is one of the most cop out ending ever made. But don't get me wrong, I love Tim Burton nonetheless.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 08:11 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Fantastic movie.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 08:32 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think it is one of the most cop out ending ever made.

I totally disagree, especially when films like "No Country For Old Men" and "The Mist" exist.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 08:33 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Toku King
I totally disagree, especially when films like "No Country For Old Men" and "The Mist" exist.

Oh hell no. No Country had an appropriate ending for itself. It was perfect. The ending of The Mist was the best part of the film.

What happened at the end of Big Fish, don't they all hold hands and sing or something? That was a bunch of crap, almost as bad as the good ol' 'waking up and it was all a dream' ending.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 08:36 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Oh hell no. No Country had an appropriate ending for itself.

I disagree even more than my last disagree. The ending completely ruined the film for me. That off screen death was total bs for me, and turned my rating from a 10/10 immediately into a 3/10.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 08:39 PM