KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » King Arthur

How is this movie ??
This poll is closed.
the best i've ever seen 1 25.00%
good 1 25.00%
ok 0 0%
the worst i've ever seen 2 50.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

King Arthur
Started by: 113

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, I saw the movie this morning, and suffice to say, I thought it was garbage. Not being at alll familiar with "King Arthur", this movie won't help anyone that is in the same boat.

There is no explanation of how he came to be "King Arthur", which he was only referred to as such ONE time in the movie, at the very end.

It was a tedious 2 hours and 15 minutes of cliched war epic scenes, slow motion sword swinging, a love triangle, 3 big wars with alot of boring filler in the middle. The characters were very bland, the dialogue was flat, and there was an apparent lack of excitement overall.

Your money is better spent on "Spider Man 2", and while I said I wasn't familiar with "King Arthur", I don't think this is a very fair representation of the story even to the most loyal of K.A. fans.

To think Antoine Fuqua went from "Training Day" to this crap.
see thats what i htought it would be. thank you now i know never to spend my money on it.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 08:32 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

I'm gonna go see it tonight despite these criticisms..From the beginning it has looked good to me, so i hope it's well worth it. I'll let you guys know tommorow what i thought of the movie.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 09:56 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

if ur gonna review it try the review forum

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 10:01 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by forumcrew
if ur gonna review it try the review forum

why cuase he will be disscusion the movie so this forum is perfect.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 11:21 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

I saw it, its ok. Could of been 10 times better. I think they kind of rushed it, but thats just me

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 04:23 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by orlandoOYEA
I saw it, its ok. Could of been 10 times better. I think they kind of rushed it, but thats just me

Stat of the week, and it's pretty scary:

There are 109 members registered at KMC whose User ID begins with some form of reference to Orlando Bloom.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 04:36 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, I saw the movie this morning, and suffice to say, I thought it was garbage. Not being at alll familiar with "King Arthur", this movie won't help anyone that is in the same boat.

There is no explanation of how he came to be "King Arthur", which he was only referred to as such ONE time in the movie, at the very end.

It was a tedious 2 hours and 15 minutes of cliched war epic scenes, slow motion sword swinging, a love triangle, 3 big wars with alot of boring filler in the middle. The characters were very bland, the dialogue was flat, and there was an apparent lack of excitement overall.

Your money is better spent on "Spider Man 2", and while I said I wasn't familiar with "King Arthur", I don't think this is a very fair representation of the story even to the most loyal of K.A. fans.

To think Antoine Fuqua went from "Training Day" to this crap.

It was never going to explain that- it being a re-telling of the King Arthur legend 'as it really was', so they very erroneously say.

That being the case, as it was trying to contrast with the traditional legend, this film would be a poor place to learn that legend in the first place (go rent Excalibur instead).

For the fans, though, the contrast might well interest.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 04:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

i saw it last week.
i actually really really like d it. its fun and cool. and i love the arthurian stories

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 05:36 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by botankus
Stat of the week, and it's pretty scary:

There are 109 members registered at KMC whose User ID begins with some form of reference to Orlando Bloom.

..and how many for Orlando Jones?

(please log in to view the image)

Crooner, Tony Orlando, anyone?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 07:56 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PunisherFan33
Gods sittin this one out

i say the only reason well guys see it is because keria knighnly is hot and half naked (prtty much) love yes

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 01:16 AM
PunisherFan33 is currently offline Click here to Send PunisherFan33 a Private Message Find more posts by PunisherFan33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

Haven't seen it. Even in the commercials I don't feel like it's a story about King Arthur in any way shape or form besides the love triangle. I dunno...it looked like senseless fun war sequences, but I didn't see much plot from the trailers.
I am still undecided whether I will see it or not. Maybe I'll rent it one day when every other movie I actually want to see is rented out...

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 10:00 AM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cycochic

King arthur - worth it?

I basically just wanted to know if king arthur is worth watching, I don't particularly want to know what the film entitles or anything I just want to know is it worth the trip???

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 05:15 PM
cycochic is currently offline Click here to Send cycochic a Private Message Find more posts by cycochic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

hell no.

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 06:15 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

rent it unless you really love seeing movies in theater

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 07:03 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

or you just love wasting money on seeing a movie youll walk out on

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 08:47 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Read the reviews here.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 09:06 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

dont see it its shit

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 02:59 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I was hoping against hope that it would be good but it's not. When will someone make the definitive King Arthur movie?

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 08:22 AM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theone0103
Restricted

Account Restricted

Same thing said with amity75, I thought that this movie was gonna be good because the trailer made it good..and asometimes i think that "...i wanna see the movie they showed in the preview...". There was only about 1 good scene in the movie.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 02:57 PM
theone0103 is currently offline Click here to Send theone0103 a Private Message Find more posts by theone0103 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

exactly. i hate when they show all the good scenes in the previews and then the movie suxs

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 03:26 PM