KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oscars 2004

Do you like the 5 second delay?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes..I think its needed 1 16.67%
No..spoils the fun 1 16.67%
Who Cares... 4 66.67%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oscars 2004
Started by: Excalibur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Excalibur

Oscars 2004

im not sure if that question is right in this forum but ill have a try.
so, who do you think will be the oscarruler this year?
return of the king? last samurai? ...
i guess rotk but you never know.
what do you guys think?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 06:58 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NyC-gUrL
NY's Finest

ROTK for sure yes yes

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 07:44 PM
NyC-gUrL is currently offline Click here to Send NyC-gUrL a Private Message Find more posts by NyC-gUrL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cogger15
JohnnyDeppObbsessive

yup i agree! saw it earlier 2day. a truly amazing film! big grin

Can Ya Dig It??

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 11:26 PM
cogger15 is currently offline Click here to Send cogger15 a Private Message Find more posts by cogger15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Moving to movie discussion.
moving--moved

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 10:19 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Lord of the Rings will rule them all

shifty shifty shifty shifty

and if not, I have an Academy lynch mob lined up behind me

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 12:36 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

So?!Who are the nominees?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 09:16 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

They haven't been announced yet. Believe me, I'd know (Oscar freak)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 09:40 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Oh...I saw in the news something about Oscar so I thought they had been announced. The ceremony is at the end of February...shouldnt they be out by now?!blink Whats taking so long??!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 08:33 PM
Aurora
Princess

I thought the oscars were in March. Oh well, the official nominees are announced at the end of this month. I can't wait to see ROTK kick some ***!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 09:35 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

They use to be, but from now on they will be held in Feb.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 09:39 PM
Aurora
Princess

GREAT! They are closer than I thought.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 09:44 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SandyMartinez17

I don't know, I think that LIT is up there as well. We'll see. At least I hope it is.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 09:59 PM
SandyMartinez17 is currently offline Click here to Send SandyMartinez17 a Private Message Find more posts by SandyMartinez17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

this is the only event i stay up for all night to see who wins for what

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:14 PM
nightcrawer89 is currently offline Click here to Send nightcrawer89 a Private Message Find more posts by nightcrawer89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Oh...I saw in the news something about Oscar so I thought they had been announced. The ceremony is at the end of February...shouldnt they be out by now?!blink Whats taking so long??!
The nominees are prob. already selected, but they don't announce them until shortly b4 the ceremony

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:22 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The oscars are lame, the awards have lost all credibility over the past few years with such horrible films winning best picture. Hopefully this year will be redeemed.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 01:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
The oscars are lame, the awards have lost all credibility over the past few years with such horrible films winning best picture. Hopefully this year will be redeemed.
I think so bf.this was a great year for films..real fight to the finish I think.
I watched the critics choice awards rotk wan best film and director I think this is a precursor to the oscars*crosses fingers*

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 02:18 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The Golden Globes are considered to be the most accurate predictors of the Oscars

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:54 AM
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Da Oscars!!!

So...now that there really is a five second time delay..does this bug you...do you think it will have an effect??? or do you care....my friends and i all disagree on this item so I thought I would pose it here to see thoughts, etc..

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 08:08 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

blink confused

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 09:26 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The Academy decided to put a 5 second delay between the actual filming and when it shows up on TV, so they can do some quick censoring, if need be

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 09:35 PM