KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Euro

The Euro
Started by: Leo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
Originally posted by UnknownBountyHunter

We're to the point that it's no longer invention but simply improving that needs to be done.

But inorder to improve, we must invent.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 05:41 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo

i agree we should be cautious about predicting the death of hard cash any time soon. I mean in 2001 we were supposed to be using flying cars. And who remembers the "paperless office" affordable computers were supposed to make? lol

also, Happy New Year everyone.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 07:04 PM
Leo is currently offline Click here to Send Leo a Private Message Find more posts by Leo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

quote:
Originally posted by Texas

But inorder to improve, we must invent.

Invention comes through originality. To invent an improvement is simply improvisation at work, it IS original, but lacks the roots of originality. What I meant by invention is that, the evolution process would be so widened due to the lack of current information, for example of Zero-G concepts, that I don't see us just falling on the concept even within our lifetime, we'll have to allow the technological process to gradually induce more info, which for example, mathematics has taught us, over hundreds of years.

Abacus to Thermodynamics

Considered simple to us now, but how long did it take us to simply grasp these ideas?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 08:46 PM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Flying cars are atleast 1000 years away, end of paper currency, much closer then you think. We are heading closer towards a 'paperless office' everyday. No need for paper when you can send and read everything electronically. Cheaper and more efficient that way. Paper is like soooo 1954!!!!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 08:51 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

quote:
Originally posted by Texas
Flying cars are atleast 1000 years away, end of paper currency, much closer then you think. We are heading closer towards a 'paperless office' everyday. No need for paper when you can send and read everything electronically. Cheaper and more efficient that way. Paper is like soooo 1954!!!!

*This is not a gunshot at ethnicity*

Do you realize America is so far ahead of other countries technologically that you guys try to see things as if it's up to you guys? Everything there is electronic, but not here. Sure we have computers, big businesses, etc., but we most certainly aren't a country ran by microchips. I can speak for almost all the other Euro countries as well.

If America is making the footsteps away from paper currency, then let them, but the rest of the world WON'T be able to follow, so it will be an isolation I hope you guys can live with for the next 500 years until the other countries to catch up.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 08:56 PM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it wont take 500 years, but yes, America is much farter then us

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:02 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Japan is far more advanced then the US. We depend on them for mostly everything. I dont know anyone who pays with cash anymore, everything is on credit cards or automatically deducted from their bank accounts each month (telephone, car insurance, etc). Almost everyone has Palm Pilots, (no paper notebooks needed). Now within the next 5 years they are planning to implement electronic books in classrooms and I can easily see how paper in general will become extinct as a median of communication. Paper money included.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:04 PM
yerssot

Japan is master in replicating stuff but they have trouble inventing things

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:08 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

quote:
Well that was lucky.

Oh Hahaha...*grumbles*

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:17 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

What? You mean you never got used to my dry English humour??? laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:48 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yerss:
that's completely wrong.
japan is the #1 producer of electronics, and they are the ones who come up with new stuff all the time.

UBH:
I can't follow your analysis of the use of electronic devices in USA vs. Europe. I think many europeans use as much/many electronics in their lifes. and, when it comes to cell phones europe and japan is ahead. I agree with tex in that paper-money use will decrease strongly in the years ahead.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:52 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

indeed they produce a lot of electronics, but it's always the same, only smaller, etc.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:54 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

nonono, they're the ones who invent everything new in the world of electronics too.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:56 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, they made one robot and they are constantly improoving it

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 09:58 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

you have to understand; japan is the country who invents the most of new electronics, that be robot-dogs, household-equipment, TVs, etc. etc. period.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 10:01 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Mah is right, they come up with all the good stuff, keep it to themselves for a year and then export it to the rest of the world.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 10:58 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

I didn't know cell phones were a substitute for all that stood for technology...

Also, Europe, Japan, Australia and America are the only places that use credit cards or even checks for that matter. I visit Eastern Europe (more specifically Romania, Russia, and Bulgaria) and almost no one there uses anything BUT cash.

Sure, the 4 places I listed above are the vast importance to our economic market, but they aren't the only ones.

Just because we may follow what Japan and America do (credit cards, cheques, etc.) doesn't mean we're all on the same line of progression.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 11:15 PM
finti

by UBH
quote:
If America is making the footsteps away from paper currency

ehh we are kind of at that state now in Norway, most people use Visa cards when shopping. I seldom carry any money on me, just my Visa. And while at it, when I last were in the States they had a little problems with my Visa. The credit card equipment they used in stores were ,at least for us in Norway, OLD GADGETS.
I havent been shopping in other European countries for a while, but I was surprised at the ancient equipment used in the States.
And they had never seen the kind of visa card I used, It is an ID on the flip side of it and that was totally new to them. Those card have excisted for over 10 years here.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 07:56 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by UnknownBountyHunter
I didn't know cell phones were a substitute for all that stood for technology...

have I EVER said that?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 09:19 AM
Ratcat

Same here. Most months we hardly make any cash withdrawals from the bank, just pay the Visa bill instead at the end of the month.

Unfortunately we haven't got to the cashless stage completely yet, but I look forward to the day we do

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 09:20 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote