KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » censorship

censorship
Started by: mah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
methinkalexahot
Restricted

Account Restricted

HOW DO YOU PUT THAT PICTURE UNDER YOUR NAME

7..8 better stay up late
9..10 start over again

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 08:19 AM
methinkalexahot is currently offline Click here to Send methinkalexahot a Private Message Find more posts by methinkalexahot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Old Post May 3rd, 2004 06:40 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Tongue

The question should be why do we have to censor stuff. I mean me and my mates played grand theft auto (the popular game where you steal, kill, boost cars, assasinate, kill policemen, start road blocks and blow up cars steal tanks.) when we were like 7 and not one of us has turned into a psychotic. As violence is concerned, if its too violent dont watch it. Sex i can understand, but once youve learned about sex education (which is in year 6 in the UK) you should be able to watch it. And as for bad language we learn half of that at school so every film should be universal.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 10:39 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aini
fallen

quote:
Originally posted by mah
In norway I think the ratings are pretty mild, at least on some factors. Foul language never makes a rating high here, but films with a lot of heavy violence seem to get 18+ rating quite often.

american pie 1/2 was allowed for 11year-olds +
road trip also 11year +
south park 11year+
requiem for a dream 15year+
lord of the rings 11year+'
braveheart 18+

as far as I remember, LOTR had 16+ in germany
but than again Wrong Turn had 16+ also
...that's kinda funny, isn't it

sane

Old Post May 12th, 2004 10:47 AM
Aini is currently offline Click here to Send Aini a Private Message Find more posts by Aini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Aku
The question should be why do we have to censor stuff. I mean me and my mates played grand theft auto (the popular game where you steal, kill, boost cars, assasinate, kill policemen, start road blocks and blow up cars steal tanks.) when we were like 7 and not one of us has turned into a psychotic. As violence is concerned, if its too violent dont watch it. Sex i can understand, but once youve learned about sex education (which is in year 6 in the UK) you should be able to watch it. And as for bad language we learn half of that at school so every film should be universal.

The video game probably has a Parental advisory sticker on it.
I think researchers say it desensitizes ppl. Not that it makes us violent from watching it.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:02 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

desentizes?

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:03 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

The spellcheck didnt complain LOL
Its suppose to be: you stop caring. Things stop bothering you. Like you see a dead body and it doesnt upset you.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:04 PM
Aku
Drunk

kinda like that phobia crap. If you cant stand spiders, tie yourself to a chair, pour spiders over yourself and eventually your mind will simply get bored of being scared of them and accept them.

Quote: "Mankind has always feared what is does not understand" -Magneto/X-Men

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:09 PM
Kes
Philie

Yes, in a way.
Love that quote!

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:58 PM
roundisfunny

Movie Ratings (Int'l. Variations)

Recently, a non-US board poster mentioned a movie as being rated "14A", which I presume roughly means "R", since that's what "Kill Bill" was here in the US. However, it got me to wondering what the ratings are like around the world. According to the website of the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America), the official (yet voluntarily imposed) ratings for US-released motion pictures are as follows:

1) G--General Audiences (all ages admitted)

2) PG--Parental Guidance Suggested (some material may not be suitable for children)

3) PG-13--Parents Strongly Cautioned (some material may be inappropriate for children under 13)

4) R--Restricted (Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian)

5) NC-17 (No one 17 and under admitted)

Now, as I have no strong desire (at the moment) to scour the internet for the web pages of other nations' ratings systems, I wonder if the international representatives on this board would like to sound off as to movies in their countries are rated.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post May 17th, 2004 02:14 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

I know i sound like a moderater but theres already a thread on this called censorship. Look it up. Actually screw that, Keep this thread dont take no s***.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 08:59 AM