KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Darth Vader vs. Yoda

Darth Vader vs. Yoda
Started by: Maikahyandowen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

it only seems that way because Vader didn't fly through the air.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Vaders fights are still slower than, say, darth mauls fights (and most lightsaber fights of the prequals)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:17 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

Darth Maul was more than likely younger than Vader, and he wasn't wearing a giant suit either. at any rate, Vader was a much more powerful sith than Maul, since he was able to exterminate almost the entire Jedi race.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

What would happen if the 2nd generation of clone troopers (that became the stormtroopers), were clones of anakin, instead of Jango?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:24 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

they'd look better?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 04:42 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Would they have force powers?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 06:16 PM
Dirty Vader

I dont want to think about a duel like that.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 11:52 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

i would certainly hope not. i don't think Jedi powers are entirely genetic, anyway.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:39 PM
quiquita
Everything has answers

darth vs. yoda hum... i think darth wins.. he´s more powerful than yoda... episode I says that.....but yoda has the force......

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 12:13 AM
Click here to Send quiquita a Private Message Find more posts by quiquita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

and so does Vader. DUH. What the f**k?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:17 PM
Dirty Vader

I'd be pissed if any of the two lost...never want to see that duel

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

i'm not saying it would actually HAPPEN, just wondering what would happen if it did. it'd be an awsome duel either way.

Attachment: darth vader2.jpg
This has been downloaded 68 time(s).

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 05:06 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

according to the episode I DVD commentary, Vader was slow because his bionics hindered him. also, obi-wan was slow and out of practice, and Vader never meant to kill Luke.
Vader would win in the end because of his power in the force. According to current rumors, episode III will showcase Vader's true powers.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 09:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

yeah. what he said. Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 04:39 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Yoda would get his ass handed to him. Think about it. The main reason the Vader fights are slow is because we didn't have CGI back then. Vader has enough power over the force to compensate for his mechanical body. He would destroy Yoda, I mean Yoda even knew this, which is why he left. He couldn't defeat either Sidious or Vader.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas used CGI to redo that fight. Bot Obi-Wan and Vader deserve more credit. Look at Dooku, he's 80+ and he's doing flips in battle. Vader could as well.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 07:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

Vader's too cool for flips. EVil cool guys don't do flips. only the cool good guys

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 04:36 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Uh he has, in the second Movie.
I would Bet on Vader though, He is just so much stronger than Yoda in a true lightsaber Clash, but if It came to battle of Force power, youda would own. Vader couldn't throw crap at Yoda, It would come flying back at him.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

maybe. Yoda had some issues with Duku tossing that pillar in Ep.2

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 04:24 PM
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

But Yoda had no problem absorbing Duku's lightning and shooting it back at him, that was cool. I think in the OT Yoda is too old to do his old acrobatics against Vader.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2004 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

how come vader never uses force lightning?? is there an explanation for this??

maybe because both arms are mechanical??

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote