KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official Naruto series Thread

The Official Naruto series Thread
Started by: chokobo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1600): « First ... « 1582 1583 [1584] 1585 1586 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Even though Sasuke technically shouldn't have Rikudo Senjutsu, Wakka makes a good point there considering Curse Mark is confirmed to be Senjutsu and that's Black Chidori's only other appearance.

He has some kind of Six Paths power that allows him to perform feats only Senjutsu could previously perform. /shrug

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 02:09 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Why is that colour page tripping you up?

Nah, that's a Chidori enhanced with the Six Paths chakra. Though it did look the same as his Curse Seal Chidori.

It matches the official color for Naruto's SoSP mode. Was wondering whether or not the Boruto movie showed the same thing. If it didn't I'd just write it off as an unofficial color scan like the pics of Sasuke having a red Rinnegan.

Well we've only seen him use a black chidori one other time and we learned in the Juubito fight that Sasuke's cure seal was an unrefined Sage Mode of sorts.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 03:36 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, those colorations are wrong. In Boruto, Naruto looks pretty much the same as he did in The LAST except with a cloak.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Aug 24th, 2015 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 04:13 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Just for good measure:

(please log in to view the image)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_bERvKlHhV0
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ygV9bBcSc

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Aug 24th, 2015 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 06:30 PM
wakkawakkawakka

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of Naruto's back just to make sure? I mean based on the picture you have it appears that Naruto is using his Kurama cloak. Also as DP pointed out, the back markings point out whether or not SoSP is being used. I found these scans just to make sure we're all on the same page for what SoSP mode is. Though if you don't have it then that's fine as you've cleared up my previous concern.

Juubito:http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/638/6
Juubidara: http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/663/14
Naruto: http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/673/18

Edit: forget about that last par part I didn't see the other link.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

To clear this up beyond any doubt: http://narutobase.net/manga/naruto-...nth-hokage/4/6/

Anyway, yeah; Naruto and Sasuke no longer possess Hagoromo's power, and in Naruto's case he also doesn't possess the chakra natures of the other tailed beasts anymore.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 11:45 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Well we know they lost the Hagoromo powers when they lost the seals. I was wondering if Naruto got to keep it as Asura's trans-migrant but the movie has shown otherwise.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 12:08 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Even though Sasuke technically shouldn't have Rikudo Senjutsu, Wakka makes a good point there considering Curse Mark is confirmed to be Senjutsu and that's Black Chidori's only other appearance.

He has some kind of Six Paths power that allows him to perform feats only Senjutsu could previously perform. /shrug

Yeah, I know.
But Madara stated that Sasuke got the Rinnegan & Naruto got Six Paths Senjutsu.

What feats are those?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 03:35 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Touching Gudoudama and IIRC being able to affect Limbo.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 12:18 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Hagoromo's chakra apparently gave Naruto & Sasuke the Yin-Yang release nature, so that might have had something to do with it.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 10:17 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

DP read Magi already. Naruto is dead. DEAD. And the new stuff isn't even that good.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 11:10 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I found the Gaiden pretty good...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 09:40 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The Gaiden was okay. Sarada is cool. Sakura being in love with Sasukd and framing his pictures to hide his friends is the problem. She's sort of a psychopath.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 12:32 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

^ I though the Gaiden was pretty funny. Also we got to find out the Sakura and Sasuke are really two peas in a pod so that's something.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 01:32 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by AuraAngel
DP read Magi already. Naruto is dead. DEAD. And the new stuff isn't even that good.

What's it about and like?

The Gaiden was okay. Sarada is cool. Sakura being in love with Sasukd and framing his pictures to hide his friends is the problem. She's sort of a psychopath.

I wonder who took Taka's photograph. Tobi?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 02:23 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
What's it about and like?

I wonder who took Taka's photograph. Tobi?

It is hard to explain because it is hard to pin point when the actual plot of Magi begins. The first chapter is actually mostly filler in the grand scheme of things for instance. Think of it like a mix between Naruto and Bleach. It has a more sophisticated view on conflict in the world than Naruto and much of the combat/character development is more individual based like in Bleach.

And Zetsu. He wanted to record it for the memories.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 09:18 PM
Q99

Magi- Arabian Nights themed series, people who successfully pass through ridiculously dangerous dungeons get magic items and powers from genies.

Personally, I think it's good, but I rate Seven Deadly Sins and UQ Holder higher. And I do like Naruto, especially early Naruto, better too. Maybe pacing or something. Still, it's one I'm enjoying.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 02:49 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

So it looks like Sasuke was wrong; Momoshiki and Kinshiki were definitely not more frightening than Kaguya. They were Otsutsuki bandits searching for sources of great power; Kaguya wanted to create a Zetsu army to protect the earth/Shinju from them and others like them.

Basically the quote about Kaguya being the progenitor of chakra makes a lot more sense with this in mind; Kaguya created the Shinju. The earth was akin to a farm of sorts to her, to replicate the (dead) Shinju from her own world. Why the earth was usable and not other dimension beats me.

I haven't got 100% confirmation on this, but it more than makes sense.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 03:07 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
Magi- Arabian Nights themed series, people who successfully pass through ridiculously dangerous dungeons get magic items and powers from genies.

Personally, I think it's good, but I rate Seven Deadly Sins and UQ Holder higher. And I do like Naruto, especially early Naruto, better too. Maybe pacing or something. Still, it's one I'm enjoying.

I suppose that gets some basics out of the way. Ignores the interesting geo-political stuff and the even more interesting religious stuff but hey.

I have not touched UQ Holder since the first issue mostly cause I never read the first series. And Seven Deadly Sins I've tried thrice to get into but I just don't care for the massively overpowered heroes. Reminded me too much of the masters from HSDK. Greed being stuck in an impossible to escape prison solely because he wanted to be there was probably the worst.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 03:18 AM
Q99

I suppose that gets some basics out of the way. Ignores the interesting geo-political stuff and the even more interesting religious stuff but hey.

Yea, there is a lot of stuff having to do with kings, nations, poverty, and such as well.

quote:

I have not touched UQ Holder since the first issue mostly cause I never read the first series.

While it is in the same universe as Negima, the main character doesn't know that stuff, so I don't think you-as-reader need to either. Some stuff is going to be more shocking if you knew the prior and/or spoil some stuff from Negima (which, btw, once it went full shounen fight, was definitely my favorite series at the time. Clever fights with fast pacing and a wide cast who contributed), but I think you'd probably enjoy it.

It's interesting in that the main characters are all immortal, yet it manages to retain drama despite that.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2015 05:24 AM