KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fanboys irritating or what?

What do you think of 'em?
This poll is closed.
Bloody fanboys, they do my head in!!!! miffed: 3 33.33%
Grrr, nothing is more irritating stick out tongue 0 0%
Depends, just tend to laugh at em really raver 5 55.56%
Screw you Daedalus, why you got a problem with fanboys!!!! miffed: 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fanboys irritating or what?
Started by: Thael

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Miffed Fanboys irritating or what?

So anyway, what's your oppinion on fanboyism? I personally find fanboys EXREMELY annoying because of their immidiate biased opinions and their one-dimensionalness (I dunno if thats even a word..) anyway, I'm not gonna say too much because its gonna start a full blown argument, either that or Tex'll close it for being hippocritical towards fanboys. (Similar to "take the piss out of n00bs" syndrome)

Anyway, oppinions. stick out tongue

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 04:00 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

cant say i like fanboys...just be open to other ppl's opinions and forget about it.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 04:33 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Try being stalked around an anime convention all day because you're a cosplayer...seriously, my friend and I cosplayed as characters from Final Fantasy X-2 at an anime convention recently (she was Songstress Yuna, and I was Lenne) and we now have fans. It's kinda creepy to have random people email you/IM you/PM you on message boards and say stuff like "OMG I LOVE YOUR COSTUME YOU ARE SO HOT!!!!11one"

But on a whole they don't bother me, so long as they aren't convinced that everything they say is right and what everyone else says/thinks is wrong.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 04:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by §pearhead
cant say i like fanboys...just be open to other ppl's opinions and forget about it.
Agreed.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 04:41 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

PS2 fanboys are the worst. BLAH BLAH BLAH xbox sucks...BLAH BLAH BLAH....game better.....BLAH BLAH BLAH....xbox sucks.

think of something better to say or shut your damn mouths *directed directly at PS2 owners*

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:14 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Without fanboys, there would be no society.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:17 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

civilization as we know it would cease to exist

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Yup.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:26 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Fanboys are annoying, but I can think of certain people who are more so stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:55 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Bloody fanboys, they do my head in!!!!

Fanboys??? you mean those spoiled little kiddies that go around saying their own consoles are the best? YEAH! They are very annoying. They call themselves "gamers" but no "gamer" goes around saying things like "PS2 sucks" or "Xbox sucks". As far as I know gamers don't go around criticizing the consoles they criticized the games. All consoles have good games so to dissed a console is an sign of fanboyism!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 06:08 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I tend to laugh at them.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 06:32 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I have nothing against so called 'Fan Boys', its up to them how they choose to live there life, the only thing that does tend to wind me up slightly is when ppl (not just 'fan boys') dismiss others opinions without any second thought as they are to fogged in with their own ideas, but back on point i have nothing against fan boys, they've done nothing to me.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 07:30 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

yeah yeah...that's your opinion. why would i give anything you say any thought?!

(just playing)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 07:47 PM
[D_A]Kherr

I guess I'm a fanyboy, because I'm sorry, but the piece of S H I T called an Xbox SUCKS! Sorry linkalicious, but the system is horrible. The only good game on it is Halo, and no one say Vice City or GTA3 because they are better on PS2.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 08:35 PM
Linkalicious

NO you didn't just go there......they are the exact same game. Rockstar's only change to the xbox version was the addition of a radio channel in the car for your personalized sound tracks. They didn't improve graphics, no new vehicles...nothing. and it's ok call xbox crap all you want.....you think Gamecube's the best system....shows what u know!!!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 09:54 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

draco, this is the worst possible thread to show loyalty to a system.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 05:05 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

what the hell is a fanboy....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 05:09 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

sumone who runs around saying "ps2 rocks x-box sucks" or along those lines.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 05:10 AM
Marcellus
executioner

well i have a PS2, my cousin has a gamecube, and my buddy has an X-box. get three tvs and a pizza then oh man.....marvel vs capcom 2,SSB melee, and halo is all out crazyness

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 05:13 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

XBOX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K

i love my ps2, so you could say i'm a fanboy, but i know that it ain't the best console out there, xbox is far superior (i hate it though, cuz is a microsoft console), and gamecube, sometimes, is better than ps2, but i don't care.

it all comes down to one simple thing: THE GAMES.
If it's a good game, i don't care how, or in which console i play it, as long as i play it. i love HALO, FF and zelda, the same way i love tetris or pacman

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 04:55 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote