KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Doc ock a good guy??? the last betrayal in man spider 2

Doc ock a good guy??? the last betrayal in man spider 2
Started by: bakerboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Venom4life, stop the immature name calling.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 12:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

Bakerboy, you're logic makes no sense. By changing one thing about him he becomes a different character, but the multiple other things about him are forotten because of the one thing. How does that work? He has organic shooters rather than chemical so he's Man-Spider, but what about him being Peter Parker, working at the Bugle, having an Aunt May, using the same costume, saving people, being smart, going to NYU, all his personal problems. He has all those things in common with Spider-Man, but because of the organic webshooters he is Man-Spider? Maybe I'm missing something.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:12 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

No man YOUR logic makes no sense.according to your absurd logic he would STILL be SPIDER-MAN if he had 8 arms.Yes he is MAN-SPIDER now because he is a monster as I have explained to you many times before on my thread.anyways this thread is about DOC OCK in the new MAN-SPIDER movie,so why are we discussing that here?geez.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:57 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

You make a good point about this being a Doc Ock page. Point well taken. That said, I think Doc Ock in this new movie will be awesome. Not only does he look wicked cool, but I think they have given him a much more human face. The different personalities of the arms will more than likely not be a huge part of the movie. It would be hard to give mechanical arms personality.
Also, in the beginning Doc Ock was a good guy. Peter worked for him and respected him. He was arrogant, but never an evil guy. It was only after he created the arms that he became evil.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 09:26 PM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

the arms have personality? each one?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 12:41 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

I guess that's one of the most recent going around.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 05:06 AM
Ego Fum Papa
The Pope/Troll Hunter

I don't think each tentacle will literally have its own personality. I think each will just move differently. Same with the "neural chip" subverting him. I don't think he'll be screaming, "NO, TENTACLES! NO!" as they drag him on a rampage through the city.

"Live like an angel, die like a devil." Don't let it worry you, we're down here together. We're all here: heathens, heretics, kids with blue socks. I asked some questions and wasn't satisfied with the answers. It seems that's the biggest crime since not fitting in. But we're all here: King Diamond, todd's mom, fallen angels, the decimated cultures, the kid in the corner in sweat pants. We'll find our own way.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 04:13 PM
Ego Fum Papa is currently offline Click here to Send Ego Fum Papa a Private Message Find more posts by Ego Fum Papa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nitrion

Doctor Octopus a good guy? Hey that doesn't sound that bad...!
I mean, I don't know that much about the comic details, but I remember watching spider-man when I was Ten years old on Fox kids network.

which enemy's came first?

was it like this?

<Green Goblin> <Hob Goblin,> <King Pin,> <Doc Octopus,> <Scorepion,> <Vulture,> <Shocker,> and then the hunter followed by Black cat?

I really don't know, I'm just a girl...

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 06:15 AM
Nitrion is currently offline Click here to Send Nitrion a Private Message Find more posts by Nitrion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

Excellent point Ego Fum Papa. That was something I kinda questioned earlier. How can they give mechanical arms personality? They are being comtrolled by Ock, so how could they act on their own?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 09:54 PM
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

I agree with the "Man-Spider" camp about the organic web shooters, ill-chosen fighting sequences, lame Mary Jane, and the lack of witty repartee. However, I must say that I hope this excessive ranting is therapeutic for you guys. As a long-time ranter myself, I understand that it needs to be done. But if it's not therapeutic, then you've got deeper problems.
They sold the character of Peter out to the generic, cheesy, melodramatic teen romance garbage that pervades TV and movies these days. They watered Spider-Man down by not letting him shoot his mouth off. If you've played the video game, you know that Tobey Maguire is perfectly capable of delivering those classic Spidey zingers, so it's not his lack of ability. It's the writers that are to blame. And look at kiddies, cuz Spider-Man 2 is written by the half-wits that write Smallville!!
Ahem... not that I would know about that show... such trash, I wouldn't sully my mind by watching... never mind. Stop looking at me!!

See my other posts for lots of bitching about Spider-Man and my half-assed vision of a better plot set-up for a trilogy. Go on, just for kicks. And then go to bed. You people need some sedatives. wink

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2004 06:12 AM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

Herr Logan, first off, welcome to the debate, secondly, you seem to be kinda all over the place aren't ya buddy.
Regarding the Spider-Man 2 script IGN Film Force had this to say about the new movie's script.
"The first Spidey flick had a few rough spots and cheesy moments, but with Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist Michael Chabon (Wonder Boys, The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay) behind the screenplay this time, we could get a sequel that surpasses the original."
I don't know if this really means anything, but it gives me hope. The man won a Pulitzer, plus, I don't know if you've seen Wonderboys, but I always really enjoyed that movie. Had some real funny parts. Hopefully he'll be able to keep the cheesyness to an absolute minimum.
Just thought you folks might like to see this.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2004 08:35 AM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by venomfan
the arms have personality? each one?

yeah thats what the reports are saying.If thats true, man-spider 2 will suck as bad as the first one did.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 11:13 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

I understand that you think the movie will suck regardless of what they do to it, but think about it: How the hell would they give metal arms personality? They don't talk, they don't have faces. How could they have personality? Doc Ock controls them with his mind.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 09:17 AM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Must we start a second thread about this Man-Spider garbage? It was bad enough that we've had to be subjected to this material on one thread already. This topic is like a broken record....

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 03:24 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Actually sony calling the movie spider-man is whats garbage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 03:53 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

sleep

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 05:47 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

It hasn't been one thread of gargabe, I think Mr. Parker has started like three of them under different titles.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:23 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Ahhh, they all blend together after awhile. I'm just waiting for the "This villain should have been called Man-Octopus" thread. Crap... now I've done it.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 08:29 PM
Zephonim

That's pretty funny. Good call.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 11:48 PM
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

If Doc Ock is a good guy, then they FAILED!!! Otto was never even a nice guy, ever. As for the arms and their "personalities", I think you guys should chill out on that one. They don't have personalities, they are cybernetic machines that flex and grab. Whatever the source of this "personalities" rumor, they are merely informing you that Ock can perform a completely different task with each mechanical arm simultaneously and/or they are referring to his ability to mentally command the devices even if they are separated from his body. None of this is out of place in a movie and it's all part of Spider-Man lore. So calm down about the arms; worry about the writing.

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:03 AM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote