KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Got a Star Wars picture, Post it here, but don't tell GL

Got a Star Wars picture, Post it here, but don't tell GL
Started by: Leog14

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

comparing SW to Star trek, is it me, or is science fiction franchise ruined whenever someone named rick becomes involved

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 06:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

quote:
Originally posted by hana_skywalker
Hello everyone! I've just found it on a board, I don't know if it's real but they say it's Darth Vader on Episode III. I'm not quite convinced... but I'd like to read your opinions. wink

I took that photo and fooled around with the color and saturation in a paint proggy, and got the attached results. That's quite a throne that Vader is sitting on. Frankly, it appears to me to be quite valid and real. And I don't see why Vader wouldn't wear a suit fairly similar to the one he wore in the OT. He's obviously going to need a full body suit with a respirator to keep him alive after what happens to him. Of course this leads me to a natural segue...

I've read a lot on here about how there would be quite an improvement in technology between the prequels and the OT because of the amount of time between the two. The justification is the comparison to our own country, and the vast improvement in knowledge and technology we have undergone in the last 40 odd years.

I completely disagree with this hypothesis. The notion of such incredible improvements in technology that occur between the prequels and the OT (namely, going from Anakin's clumsy mechanical hand in AOTC to Luke's perfectly realistic hand in ESB, and the rumor that Vader's suit in EIII will be very primitive as compared to his suit in the OT) is completely off base. Perhaps this would be the case in a civilization that was just emerging from, say, an almost totally agriculture-based economy to an economy based on industry and technology. A civilization, however, that has conquered the speed of light in travel, created fully thinking androids, can cover an entire planet with a city that goes beyond our greatest vision of what a true "science fiction" city would be, and can build a moon-sized space station in 40 to 50 years (to name a very VERY few), would be SO FAR PAST mechanical arms and primitive life-sustaining suits that the idea is laughable.

I think this just highlights George Lucas' fatal flaw: He just doesn't think past the present. He gets too caught up in the eye candy that he doesn't worry about whether it's plausible or possible. He asks us to suspend disbelief far past what's necessary.

Regardless, I anticipate EIII with a palpable thrill. smile

cornponious kokious maximus

Attachment: vader_insider2.jpg
This has been downloaded 1171 time(s).

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 09:46 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigsef3

IVE MADE THAT ARGUMENT 100 TIMES, BUT NO BODY SEEMS TO AGREE. EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST AS STUCK IN MAKING COMPARISONS TO OUR OWN EARLY INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY AS GL IS.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 10:08 PM
Click here to Send bigsef3 a Private Message Find more posts by bigsef3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

Is This Dooku be for he became a sith

Attachment: purple2.jpg
This has been downloaded 989 time(s).

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 10:28 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

How about this one?

Attachment: clipboard012.jpg
This has been downloaded 962 time(s).

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
comparing SW to Star trek, is it me, or is science fiction franchise ruined whenever someone named rick becomes involved

Main differences comparing the two are that Star trek is much more about the technology and possible futures that humanity could achieve, and explains its technology to be reachable.
Whereas Star Wars is more about the story than lines of technobabble. Star wars' technology is less important and less detailed.
Also, star trek is based around our galaxy and earth, unlike star wars.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 11:02 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

My brother has hyperspace or whatever it's called.Here's a pretty cool picture of anakin.He looks really evil.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 18th, 2004 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 11:29 PM
Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D00m
Smackrobiotic

and here's his glove.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 18th, 2004 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 11:32 PM
Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

i like the christopher lee pic, looks good

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 09:00 PM
Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Deflok

Thanks for those two pics MF D00m big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Mr.Deflok a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Deflok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

here is another one of Dooku

Attachment: tyranus.jpg
This has been downloaded 909 time(s).

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 05:19 PM
Odde Raciir

Real? Fake? It give me the creeps

Attachment: anakincrisp.jpg
This has been downloaded 953 time(s).

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Odde Raciir a Private Message Find more posts by Odde Raciir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odde Raciir

close up

Attachment: anakinclose.jpg
This has been downloaded 920 time(s).

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Odde Raciir a Private Message Find more posts by Odde Raciir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

speaking of....does anyone have a bigger picture of this one

Attachment: cool.jpg
This has been downloaded 822 time(s).

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 11:42 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

^ I don't, but I sure like that pic.

I like George.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corsie

Thanks for the pics guys.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo-nico

(please log in to view the image)

It's a fan art that I created.it's the scene when Yoda and Obi-Wan watch the assault of Anakin in the Jedi's temple.the pics is in bad quality but it's normal,it's an effect to show how Ben & Yoda will see that.(ho man,sorry for my bad english).

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 01:18 AM
Click here to Send neo-nico a Private Message Find more posts by neo-nico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Seen them all and some are fan art.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Kadub

Those are awesome pic's....the burnt anakin is freakin sweet

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 07:54 AM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

neo-nico, vry nice fan art, too bad is a lil blurry, but i like the pictures you used, pretty cool wink

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 11:53 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote