KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The end of the green lightsaber

The end of the green lightsaber
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

I heard that Qui-Gon's green saber,that Obi-Wan used to kill Maul was burned with him.Do you think this is true?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 05:47 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

No..I would think that OB1 would use it until he built a new one..

Old Post Oct 4th, 2000 07:06 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Hope so

That's what I thought and hope is true.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 02:38 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Obi-Wan Keeps it.

I think Obi-Wan will keep the lightsabre as a sign of respect for his master Qui-gon. When Jedi Apprentices are constructing their own lightsabre they are supposed to give it a similar look as their master's lightsabre as it shows respect, so Obi-Wan keeping the sabre would be just as good.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Re: Obi-Wan Keeps it.

Obi-Wan will definately keep the saber whether he uses it in the future or not. I don't think it was burned with Qui-Gon's body because GL would have made a brief point of noting it....however I recently found it (which I confess I did not know before) that in ROTJ, Luke burned only Vader's armor, NOT the body. What happened to the body ? I would think it would have disappeared like Ben and Yoda if Vader had made his peace with the good side before he died on the flight deck. Any ideas out there or am I way out on the rim of the Anoat system ?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

The body vanished like Ben's and Yoda's..smile

Old Post Oct 5th, 2000 07:52 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

But as we didn't see that in ROTJ then how do we know? It could have something to do with those prequels which I hope Lucas never makes.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2000 12:55 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Do you mean sequels?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

If they had just burnt the armour, why lay it is a pire like that. A funeral pire would seem to indicate a body of some description. Armour would b e better in a compactor if empty.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2000 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yes I agree. I actually like to think that Anakin didnt disappear and was burnt like Qui-Gon.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2000 11:35 PM
Ratcat

It would make sense. If GL had planned for Anakin to vanish then he would have shown it on screen.

It would also go to show that a Jedi body does not have to vanish to be truely one with the force.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Read the ROTJ novel.It will tell you.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 02:43 AM
Jedimaster3838

In an interview Rick McCallum said that Anakin's body DID disappear, and that, yes, only his armour was burnt.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 02:52 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Well that sums it up then I guess. Also, I think that MOST jedi DON'T disappear and only Obi-Wan and Yoda are amongst the few who do. It seems no one was surprised to see Qui-Gon not disappear and I could imagine most Jedi having their funerals like he did.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 05:05 AM
Ratcat

But are the novels canon??? They are written by authors BASED on the screenplay. Therefore anything extra may not actually hav e happened. I know there is an appoval process but, well who knows.

EJ, what dopes it say in the Nove? Mine in the attic somewhere.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 04:04 PM
darth stu

end of darth vader

why burn the armor? would it even burn?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 06:12 PM
Jedimaster3838

green lightsaber

I am pretty sure that the armour would burn, I can't see why not. As far as why it was burned, I am guessing that Luke felt Vader was truely dead, and by burning the suit, it was sort of redeeming his father even more.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 07:53 PM
Darth Daft

Re: green lightsaber

I just read part of the novel and in the scene where Luke burns Vader it says that "Vaders lifeless body lay there still" or something like that. Therefore, Vader did not disappear and he was burnt just as Qui-Gon was. Also in the novel it says that after Luke strikes Vader down on the railing he drops his lightsabre. So Vader's lightsabre was not burnt with him.
Even if the novels do not count as cannon I think Lucas would have approved this to be in the novel and therefore Vader definately didn't fade away.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 03:32 AM
Darth Heinous

Does it matter . . .

Does it really matter if Master Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber is cremated, dissambled, or if Ben keeps it? He won't be needing it anymore.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 06:15 AM
theEvilJedi

Re: Does it matter . . .

Vader losy his saber when his hand was sliced.smile

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 07:13 AM