KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Christopher Lee

Christopher Lee
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

Count Dooku

I think it's accepted by most fans that he will be playing Count Dooku but here is something that I've seen that is interesting. It's just a theory.

Count Dooku is a Dark Jedi who when he was found out escaped from the Jedi and set up his home on a new planet which was populated by the Lessers. They treated him as a god because of his powers and so he started to build an army (maybe of clones or Dark Jedi) and invade planets. This is why the Jedi get involved in the clone wars. Because he was once a Jedi and is using the force. This reminds me of the story to "Apocalypse Now" and also the story of how the Sith started. Dark Jedi setting themselves up as gods on new planets.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 08:55 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Re: Count Dooku

I think this is all just rumours and he will just play a political person in the senate.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2000 09:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I agree, Just because he's a seperatist doesn't make him evil (though I think he probably will be).

By the same count, if he is evil it doesn't make him a Dark Jedi or even someone who can use the force.

I haven't seen the spy report KJ referred to but if he does use a sabre then maybe he is some kind of force user???

Old Post Oct 16th, 2000 05:13 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

If he were to play a Dark Jedi or a Sith Lord then he would certainly be too old to be Darth Sidious's new apprentice. It would have to be a younger person like Darth Maul was. Just thought I'd point that out.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2000 10:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Assuming he's not buried beneath layers of prosphetics and makeup.

I watch a "Planet of the Apes" documentry the other day and the producer said something like:

"It takes a great actor to play a character in a mask."

Is Lee that "Great Actor"?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 07:04 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Possibly. You never know.
Boba Fett wears a mask. I sure hope a great actor plays him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 11:05 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

GL would have Lee as a diplomat or senator (even evil on the side), but not in Tarkin's vein. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee both played evil bad guys in a lot of old movies. He's not going to cast them in the same light in the saga. He would be repeating himself and George doesn't do that too often. Lee also has enough character in his face that I don't think they're going to add prostetics to him. He's probably had enough of that to last a lifetime.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 06:01 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Good point Gundark...I think you're right on about GL not wanting to typecast him in the typical evil bad guy role..it would seem a little too obvious..

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 09:19 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I still think he will play a political person. There is supposed to be even more elements of politics in Episode 2 and we'll probably see more of the Senate. After all, this is the middle episode where everything starts to go wrong. The senate will be involved in trying to sort things out in the galaxy.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 11:43 AM
KJ
Sausages

It's a bit late for Christopher Lee to be worried about type casting. I can't see him as being anything but Evil.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 01:53 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Well perhaps its time for a change then. Maybe he should start playing some different types of characters rather than sticking with same sort of role.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 02:36 AM
Dim
Creativity

Wouldn't it be funny if he became best known for SW..like Guiness was (had a respected career before but most people remember him mostly as Ben).

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 08:38 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yeah I could imagine that. But then, that was because Star Wars was this new thing out with special effects that no one had ever seen before. Episode 2 will be a sequel to TPM and won't be as amazing to the audience as ANH was.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 11:48 AM
darth stu

count dooku

if Lee is in fact Darth Tyranus and the rumor goes, some have pointed out that he is a little old to be a sith apprentice. i don't think that would stop sidious from taking him on. GL said that one of sidious' main frustrations is that he can't keep an apprentice. after maul died, sidious would need an apprentice quickly to do his "dirty work" while he remained behind the scenes. if you have this "charismatic seperatist jedi" who has possibly darker notions of the force, it wouldn't take much of a nudge to push him over to the dark side ("don't underestimate the powers of the emperor"). also, Tyranus (as Dooku) would likely have access to the jedi temple even if he had been away for a while. they may think him a bit loony, but no one would really suspect him of plotting to kill them.

of course, if Lee is in fact Tyranus, that means he won't be around for E3. but no matter what his role, i am very excited to see him act in GL's universe.

cheers

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 07:21 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Re: count dooku

This is highly unlikely that Valorum would return after his loss in TPM, but don't you think that Christopher Lee looks like an older version of him?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 02:02 AM
Dim
Creativity

Nah..their face shapes are totally different..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 10:26 AM
Darth Daft

Oh fine then. If you say so.....

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 04:08 AM
KJ
Sausages

I've just got my copy of Star Wars magazine UK and in it Rick McCallum confirms that Lee's character will be using a lightsaber. He also says he never thought of Lee for the role as he was looking for someone "more evil".

So Lee plays an Evil character who uses a lightsaber, isn't that what the Maker told us months ago?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2000 08:58 PM
theEvilJedi

KJ,was that you who notified TheForce.Net about this?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2000 11:49 PM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think GL probably got Lee simply because of the "typecast" senario. I can't really see any other reason for employing the skills of such a great actor if it's not to p[lay on some of that "other film" history.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 01:52 AM