KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » What would happen at the end of the war

What would happen at the end of the war
Started by: Mighty Yoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

And costly thinking... but still cool

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 08:18 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

i think its a great idea

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 12:21 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Cheers buds!

But like "Yeah right", like we're gonna see that happen!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 04:52 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Well, I guess if the makers of LOTR can afford to add in an extra hour of footage with SFX and all to their special edition DVD's, then anything's possible...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:00 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

They could just do a whole other series of Terminator Alternate Universe stuff, like what would happen if certain things WERE altered in past Terminator flicks... like, for instance, what would happen if Sarah Connor was killed in T1, or if Reese was killed earlier, before he got to impregnate Sarah...

...or, if T-X was sent back to clean up T-1000s mess DURING T-2 instead of years after the fact, or something...

There could be a whole series based on the 'what-ifs' of SkyNet still trying to outwit, outplay and outlast, to be the ultimate survivor against those wascally human resistance forces...

we just assume that if the Connors or Kyle or etc etc were removed from the mix early, the whole future would be altered, machines would rule and the world as we know it would be destroyed... we don't know for sure this would occur, because at least for the current timeline of films, we are witnessing events as told BY the victors, the Connors and/or Reeses... history is written by the winners, but they could tell stories of what if someone else was responsible for the victories...

just like there WAS a T-2 and a T-3, and some fairly decent ideas for T4 and T5, because some few 'slight' alterations of the timeline resulted in some few hiccups, but not enough to really throw things off course for the future of things to come, a few more what if type things occurring could cause other random weird hiccups in the space-time continuum, and could be fun to see how things unfold, with other characters-- and other writer/director teams-- at the helm of the Terminator franchise...

I will say I appreciate and agree that Terminator was James Cameron's 'baby, but the baby is all grown up, 20 years old now, so time to set it free in the world, let it meet other people and see what develops...

just my opinion, I could be wrong...

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 05:11 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Terminator TV teries might be a good thing. At least we'll get to see things never seen before.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 12:13 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Yeah glenn, it might be a good thing. But it could all go horribly wrong like the Robocop TV series. Lets just leave it as is, Mostow’s already done enough damage to the Terminator saga, LOL!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 01:30 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

yeah your right. I never saw any of the robocop series. What were they like.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 10:42 AM
U Neek
Mr

Never saw it myself, but I heard the Robocop series was pretty poor. I'm not a big fan of the movies so my expectations of the series would be low anyway.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 01:08 PM
alic88
Barzakh

i used2b SO CRAZY bout robocop when i was 5

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 01:37 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

alic88 - That's sorta disturbing considering the films are an 18 certificate...

Glenn - Good idea about the series. And yes, I have seen the Robocop tv series. And let's just say I hope a Terminator one would turn out a whole lot differently...

Oh, and in some ways, I guess it would be cool to see some alternate timelines, such as cyberdyne ultimately winning the war, and the TX sorting out the T-1000's mess there and then. But wouldn't you rather that Terminators Four and Five continue the story in a linear fashion?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 08:50 PM
cjbrown

after john connors experience with his t-800 protector "friend" in t-2 judgement day, it only seems that he would have faith that the machines minus skynets influence could develope a sense of 'humanity".more precisely a sense of right verses wrong. the whole war was due to the fact that neither species(human and machine) could fully appreciate the other. in fact skynet like an infant child wanted to make sense of right verses wrong when it came on line, but we humans didn't evenknow how to make sense of it ourselves. teaching machines to accept the uncertainty of the meaning of existence is to give them equal footing in our understanding of reality.the only certainty that can be detected is how we respond and treat each other immediatly. that would be the start of mutual discovery for both man and machine.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2011 07:13 AM
cjbrown is currently offline Click here to Send cjbrown a Private Message Find more posts by cjbrown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elfirrepins
sniperrifle backwards

John Connor bears a son and calls him Thomas Anderson, a.k.a Neo, a.k.a Tom Connor.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 08:41 AM
elfirrepins is currently offline Click here to Send elfirrepins a Private Message Find more posts by elfirrepins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Hey all, a thought just occurred to me that I don't think anyone has previously mentioned.

The end of the war would not necessarily signify the end of the fighting just because SkyNet has been taken down. It would probably influence further conflicts, but this time between man, which has gone on since time began. For example, as the whole human race was nearly exterminated, you may get groups, or factions if you will, of people claiming they have the right to go about putting things right now that the evil has been removed.

This could lead to groups acquiring sets of Terminator models and using them to do the group's fighting against their fellow human counterparts, as was originally intended when the idea of SkyNet came about. However, there's the risk of these machines becoming self aware and the whole process starts off all over again. A never ending loop of fighting between man and machine, just like the one with Kyle Reese going back to not just protect Sarah Connor, but to impregnate her also.

Whilst this type of theory would allow for a countless number of more Terminator films to be produced it would be akin to Manchester United winning the Premiership title again and again.

-U

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2012 12:17 PM