KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is it a bad sign when the side of your tooth falls off?

Is it a bad sign when the side of your tooth falls off?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Is it a bad sign when the side of your tooth falls off?

Ouch sad

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 01:25 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think so. Bits of my lower front teeth are falling off all the time. My dentist tried tom send me to the hospital to hav something done about it but they never contacted me. Worrying.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 01:28 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

This is like half the tooth... sad

Basically it was where I had a root canal done so the tooth has no real feeling in it, but the filling was pretty large and the tooth has started to disintergrate for the look of it.

Looks like I'll be going to the dentist to have it removed tomorrow. sad

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 01:31 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yikes. Well, good luck...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 01:35 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Ewwwwww, that's what you get for making fun of my toothless hunchback Valentines date wink

Half the tooth fell off? Hmmmm, never heard of such a thing before confused

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 01:36 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well it sort of cracked down the middle from what I can see and broke away.

Not a big deal, no feeling it it because the root nerve was removed during the root canal work. Just feels jagged against my tongue. I knew it was gonna go eventually, dentist already told me as much last spring. Guess I'll have to have a bridge or something.

Didn't even feel it fall away, I was eating an ommlette at the time, what I thoughtr was a piece of eggshell must have been a bit of the broken tooth. Guess that's what us ancient 33 year olds have to get used to.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 01:45 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Poor RC sad
Dont worry, I'm not going to make fun of your old age, in the midst of a medical emergency like this. wink
Just hold that chin up, and dont worry to much, there always dentures wink

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 01:49 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

no things like that might happen and if you had root canal on it just may be sloppy work from the dentist.
I ve heard of others who had root canal and the tooth cracked after some years so ...
and Tex you know a fist can do same and more damaging work to your teeth evil face evil face evil face

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 07:53 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, the root was done when I was 18. Had a massive absess in it, had to be refilled ttwo years ago because the tooth had weakened.

Wasn't a case of if it would crack, but when.

Actuallt it doesn't hurt at all, no nerve in it you see.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 12:00 PM
yerssot

Half a tooth? I think we have a new worldrecord here! smile

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 12:32 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I broke the bottom half of one of my canine teeth off in my sleep (grinding) but I've never heard of something like half just falling off...I'm sorry. That kind of stuff is a major pain.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 03:29 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

You should take a picture and post it.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 05:32 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

I completely smashed my right front tooth when i got a tennis racket in my mouth at full speed! Bloody painful. Lots of blood and I didn't even realise what I had done until I started pitting bits of tooth out into my hand. And my god you should have seen the size of my lip! Attractive!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 08:13 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Tex: not a good idea...

Anyway, teeth falling of, that reminds me of my accident:

I was playing soccer with my friends at school and I was goalkeeper.
The ball came perfectly in front of me and I dove towards it, I got it but someone didn't saw my "tigerjump" and he kicked (intention was the ball) but he hit my face sad piece of my tooth is off, and I was knock-out for a time,... so they say.
I'm still not sure if that last one is true, heck, I don't even remember that one!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 08:16 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

is this long ago yers cause you are still dizzy, almost like you are punchdrunk big grin

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 09:35 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

7 years, and still counting smile

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 09:41 PM
finti

like 1, 2 ehhhh

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 09:44 PM
yerssot

roll eyes (sarcastic)
one, two, five ofcourse!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 09:46 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yers and Edna should of sued!
Accident or no accident, someone knocks out one of my pearly whites, there gonna pay! smokin'

RC cant sue cause he was smacking on ommlettes at the time stick out tongue
wink wink wink

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 10:51 PM
yerssot

as a result he will never eat omlets again...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 10:52 PM