KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » How exactly did the T-1000 get through the time portal?

How exactly did the T-1000 get through the time portal?
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

How exactly did the T-1000 get through the time portal?

After all, he is not living tissue, nor is he surrounded by it like the T-800's. You can't argue that the time equipment has been updated since both Terminators in this movie still come back naked and unarmed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Connor: No, no, no, no. You gotta listen to the way people talk. You don't say "affirmative," or some shit like that. You say "no problemo." And if someone comes on to you with an attitude you say "eat me." And if you want to shine them on it's "hasta la vista, baby."
The Terminator: Hasta la vista, baby.
John Connor: Yeah! Or "later dickwad." And if someone gets upset you say, "chill out"! Or you can do combinations.
The Terminator: Chill out, dickwad.
John Connor: Great! See, you're getting it!
The Terminator: No problemo. smokin' confused roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 05:14 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The conditions on the time travellers were "unarmed" in the mediterranean sense - no weapons or clothes, having to use whatever came to hand the best they could. It wasn't that the timeportal rejected weapons, but not organisms, it's more a condition imposed upon their going back.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 05:57 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MovieKiller
The Devil Himself

I guess I never thought about it. Well, maybe it does not matter as much. cool

cool "Todo lo que tiene un principio tiene un final. Veo venir el final. Veo a la oscuridad esparciéndose. Veo muerte. Y tu eres lo único que se interpone en su camino. Si no lo puedes detener esta noche me temo que el mañana nunca llegará." *--La Oráculo, "Matrix Revoluciones"* cool

smokin' "El futuro aún no ha sido escrito. El único futuro que existe es el que nosotros creamos" *--John Connor, "Terminator 3: La Rebelión de las Máquinas"* smokin'

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:19 AM
MovieKiller is currently offline Click here to Send MovieKiller a Private Message Find more posts by MovieKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

'...something about the field generated by a living organism... nothing dead will go...' Reese says in the police station interrogation room. The original TDE wasn't able to allow dead things to pass, which is why the Terminator infiltrators were chosen to go back first...

I dont believe that the T-1000 was sent back 'instantly' from 2029 after the T-800 was crushed in 1984... I think the machines continued to fight, that the SkyNet core wasn't destroyed as Reese thought and hoped it would be immediately following his being sent back... I figure the machines regained control and upgraded the system... or something even more sinister and twisted and shocking occurred, which led to upgrades to the TDE, and enabled it to accept 'liquid metal' like the T-1000 and TX, with the TX being a few more years advanced and capable of forming complex weapons, ray-guns, which until that point in the history of things to come, Terminators had been unable to do...

'...unable to form complex weapons... bombs, guns, have chemicals, moving parts...' the T-800 says in T2...

each progressive film changes things, so accepting that upgrades to the TDE were made, to allow the 'living/dead liquid metal' to pass isn't so tough to imagine, is it?

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 09:18 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigp

It's entirely possible that, knowing that the first T-800 failed, Skynet presumed another T-800 would also fail, so it's that after they realised it indeed had failed, they develped / upgraded the TDE specifically to allow the T-1000 through, thinking it wouldn't fail.

In the movie T2 we never actually see the T-1000's arrival, so we don't know in what state it arrived. Since in it's human form it would be 'solid' - essentially solid metal - that might not pass through, but I suppose Skynet could have 'poured' it through big grin. It would arrive as a 'pool' of liquid and then coalesce into it's naked Robert Patrick form before assuming the cop identity.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 03:36 AM
bigp is currently offline Click here to Send bigp a Private Message Find more posts by bigp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Interesting thoughts - but surely if the Temporal Displacement equipment had been improved then the terminators such as the two T-800 models in T2 and T3 would have come back with weapons from the future?

In answer to the question raised, I believe that the T-1000 perhaps simulates organic tissue - and that is why he can come back through time without any problems...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 07:57 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

quote:
Originally posted by Ahnold
In answer to the question raised, I believe that the T-1000 perhaps simulates organic tissue - and that is why he can come back through time without any problems...

I'm agreeing with Ahnold here.

Other posts that say there was an "upgrade" that took place between T1 and T2 in the way SkyNet was developed are mistaken. SkyNet first sent back the T-800 just before it was about to lose the battle against humanity. When it saw that it was still being defeated, he drafted in the T-1000 to go back in time to a different period to the T-800. I used to think that the chip and the arm from the first Terminator allowed Cyberdyne to make "radical" new developments, which led to the creation of the T-1000 but after making my thoughts public on a different Terminator 3 web site I was shot down to pieces...

So how did the T-1000 travel back in time? It's a mimetic polyalloy right? [As stated by Arnie in T2] So the T-1000 can mimic human flesh, which is how he can travel back in time.

Anyone else agree?

U Neek

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 09:02 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Well, I do, as this is what I said in my post...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 07:58 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The director said that the T-1000 is "a totally simulated character..." so obviously he can simulate living tissue.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 09:04 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

It has come to our attention that Skynet is able to send T-1000 Series Terminators back through time, but as they do not possess living tissue, we are at a loss to explain how they can be transported. Current theory states that either the T-1000 is capable of generating a synthetic bioelectric field, or that Skynet grows a synthetic flesh pod, or cocoon, around the T-1000 especially to send it through time. Once through, the T-1000 would rip out of this cocoon and begin its mission.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 08:01 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

what Reese was speaking about a white flash and lightning and whatnot when he explains about travelling in time.....perhaps the T-1000 could change his form into whatever sort of stuff was in the time machine

Discos - who knows *shrugs*

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 01:08 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I'm fairly certain that the reason the T-1000 is able to go through the portal is because he can simulate living tissue. I don't think that it's anything to do with a synthetic bioelectric field, or a cocoon, or some kind of pure white energy form ...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 05:57 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
It wasn't that the timeportal rejected weapons, but not organisms, it's more a condition imposed upon their going back.

I don't get this point; why would anyone refuse the time travellers to carry anything "dead" back in time? Surely it's in everyone's best interest for these fighters to go back clothed, and armed?

I'm fairly certain reese meant that, literally, nothing "dead" is ABLE to go back ...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 06:00 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

the reason they went back non clothed an armed is because of camouflage you need to take out someone without anyone knowing and only go to drastic measures if it calls for it (e.g. trying to run people down in trucks ala t1 and t2) then it's better to send them back naked and unweaponed because then they could steal some clothes form that era and weaponry that can be reused( e.g. his laser gun running out of power and the only thing in the time era is bullets) in that time period think about it if the terminator went back in time with lasers and just as a metallic skeleton everyone would be screaming and the news of sky net would go all around the world effectively causing all technology to be stopped thus ending the war

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 07:22 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by grey fox
the reason they went back non clothed an armed is because of camouflage you need to take out someone without anyone knowing and only go to drastic measures if it calls for it (e.g. trying to run people down in trucks ala t1 and t2) then it's better to send them back naked and unweaponed because then they could steal some clothes form that era and weaponry that can be reused( e.g. his laser gun running out of power and the only thing in the time era is bullets) in that time period think about it if the terminator went back in time with lasers and just as a metallic skeleton everyone would be screaming and the news of sky net would go all around the world effectively causing all technology to be stopped thus ending the war

I agree.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 09:21 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah, this way he could blend in without being noticed. Relatively speaking.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 01:27 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yeah, this way he could blend in without being noticed. Relatively speaking.

True.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:23 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

I think that skynet improved the time portal some how allowing it to take non-organic material.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 10:41 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

quote:
Originally posted by grey fox

This is a very interesting point, however, we must consider in T1 when the Terminator first goes to the gun shop to gather weapons he asks the clerk for a "fazed plasma rifle in the 40 watt range." The clerk responds: "Hey, just what ya' see pal." If we are to assume that the Terminator understands that not using advanced weapons is part of it's stealth then there would be no reason to ask for such a thing.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 12:17 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

what say ye now non-belivers

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 05:37 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote