KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Father Ted

Father Ted
Started by: wicker_man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

Father Ted

Anyone else a fan of this show, its just a pity it only ran for three series but what a great three series. My favourite episode has to be Night of the Nearly Dead a homage to Romeros zombie classic only this time the zombies are replaced by old ladies.

R.I.P Dermot Morgan (alias Father Ted)

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 04:50 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

It was a funny show for sure. cool

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 04:52 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

i loved the episode with graham norton. LOL

DRINK! ARSE! GIRLS! Hehe big grin

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 07:10 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by BarmyBrummie
i loved the episode with graham norton. LOL

DRINK! ARSE! GIRLS! Hehe big grin

He was in a couple (as the erratic Father Nolan) -

Season 2 : Hell & Flight Into Terror
Season 3 : The Mainland

All of which are exceptionally funny episodes.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 07:14 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Funny as feck, you might say.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 07:15 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Funny as feck, you might say.

lol, agreed big grin

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 07:20 PM
Abbita

hehe, i love father ted. Doogle's the best!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:01 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luciferia
Angel of Music

How cool was Farther Jack?! He was the best!! I loved the episode where they thought he was dead, and Doogle and Ted had to spend the night with his body - and then he woke up! I also loved the xmas special where the priests got lost in Irelands largest underware section, and it was like the Great Escape!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:05 PM
Luciferia is currently offline Click here to Send Luciferia a Private Message Find more posts by Luciferia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by slashwristbarbi
How cool was Farther Jack?! He was the best!! I loved the episode where they thought he was dead, and Doogle and Ted had to spend the night with his body - and then he woke up! I also loved the xmas special where the priests got lost in Irelands largest underware section, and it was like the Great Escape!

Agreed that was an hilarious episode, not to mention 'Entertaining Father Stone', it is actually scarey to know he was actually based upon a real priest, scary thought.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:09 PM
Luciferia
Angel of Music

eek! wow. Imagine getting communion from him.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:16 PM
Luciferia is currently offline Click here to Send Luciferia a Private Message Find more posts by Luciferia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luciferia
Angel of Music

Also that one where Jack used to go sleepwalking in his socks and hat

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:17 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by slashwristbarbi
Also that one where Jack used to go sleepwalking in his socks and hat

The episode you are referring to is The Plague (Series 2) also featuring the plague of rabbits that terrorized not only the Parochial house but also the Craggy Island trio's feared visitor Bishop Len Brennan who subsequently has a fear of rabbits...such a funny episode.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:21 PM
Luciferia
Angel of Music

Hehehe.....evil wabbits! I keep remembering loads of my favourites. Another is when the bishops come to visit and Ted tries to teack Jack to say words other then Drink, Feck, and Girls, and he spends the whole visit repeating the same 2 phrases over and over. That was such a funny programme. So sad the way it ened sad

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:26 PM
wicker_man
V.2

The final episode of series three (which subsequently turned out to be the final ever) originally had Father Ted out of the ledge as well as that young priest both of who were contemplating suicide however due to Dermot Morgans sudden passing the scene was cut at the very last minute. What really made it such a sad episode was the clips that highlighted all the significant moments of the entire programme.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 08:31 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I think this show is so great. I've just finished watching one of the episodes.

I like the speed spoof, where they put doogle on a milk crate going round the roundabout.

I think the one where they kick the pope up the arse is good.
There are so many good episodes, I can't remember them all.

Doogle is the best character on it smile

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 05:04 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

i luv 'a christmassy ted'.
its sooo hilarious when mrs doyle is tryin to guess tod's name!!!

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 05:24 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

we have a student english teacher that looks and sounds just like mrs doyle

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 08:35 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

LMAO!!! i wanna meet her, mrs doyle is sooo cool!

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Mar 26th, 2004 10:21 PM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

lol yeh she's deadly

The one where they enter the eurovision is hilarious!
My lovely horse.
V

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 04:51 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote