KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » LOTR-most cringeworthy moment

LOTR-most cringeworthy moment
Started by: shadowy_blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

1. The scene in Shelob's lair when Frodo gets wrapped up in the silk stuff and somebody (either Sam or the orcs I don't remember which) pulls it back from his face and he's all... dead looking... That was nasty...

2. The scene where Frodo wakes up and everybody comes in his room and starts laughing... There's just something about it that makes you want to yell "look, look, it's Frodo and Sam and Gandalf and Pippin and Merry and Legolas and all of our friends!!" in a mocking voice.. I like the way the scene is set up, what with the lighting and all, it was just weird how everybody started laughing

Somehow Legolas' little phrases don't bother me.. Well the diversion one was kinda dumb but I don't mind the other ones

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 02:05 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hrh_jennifer
Daydream believer

Hi,
don't know if anyone's put this, 'cos I haven't read the rest of the thread, I know it's lazy, but I pay for the internet by the minute and I want to watch ROTK clips that are on newline.com (they've got Gandalf telling Pippin what it's like to die! I love that bit!) Anyway, getting off topic, after watching it a few times the only bit that really makes me cringe now is when Sam and Frodo are walking through Gorogoroth (sorry if spelling isn't right) and the eye of Sauron turns towards them, when Frodo finally gets down out of sight, the way he falls really makes me cring, all slow mo with hims arms up and everything, it looks a bit like a spoof-type move. Other than that I think I like all of it.
Jen
P.S. Sean Astin's not nominated for Best Supporting Actor, come to think of it, the fact that none of the cast are recognised in the oscar nominations is just plain wrong!!!
Bye!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 05:31 PM
hrh_jennifer is currently offline Click here to Send hrh_jennifer a Private Message Find more posts by hrh_jennifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
enya

yes ur right that is plain wrong

haha the slow mo falling is sooo funny come to fink of it all the slow mo bits are

hey to all the people on the kmc LOTRs forum

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 05:33 PM
enya is currently offline Click here to Send enya a Private Message Find more posts by enya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LOTRLUVR
I just want to look at it

Yes,I thought that the way they made that scene was a bit over dramatic....

I forgot who made this sig,but thank you so much!~Tell me if you made the sig~

lovePIPPIN!!!love

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 06:32 PM
LOTRLUVR is currently offline Click here to Send LOTRLUVR a Private Message Find more posts by LOTRLUVR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

i thought when denethor fell off was a freakin hilarious part, funnier than anything gimli said(which was all very funny)! it's so funny, someone said in 'the village voice' review of rotk, that the hugging orgy with frodo and merry and pip was gayer than anything in angels in america, i thought that was funny!

my biggest cringe scene was the fish eating part: fish = BAD!!!

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it’s not too late

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 07:00 PM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

"a diversion"

ok we guessd that elf boy!

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 07:04 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I actually had to shut my eyes when Pippin started to sing in Two towers. And Aragorn ruined all the coolness he'd built up in the previous movies by crooning at the end. Shudder.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 07:50 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

Pip sang in ttt? in rotk it made me cry, faramir...so sad.... ugh, that fish....
BAAAADDDDDDD!!!!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 08:13 PM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muse5
Fool of a Took

hey, but considering all of the singing tolkien had written in, we are VERY lucky, forget the west end musical, the movie would have been a full blown musical fantasy

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 08:14 PM
amity75

Sorry, my mistake. I meant to say ROTK.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 09:13 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote