KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What does Shmi do for a living ?

What does Shmi do for a living ?
Started by: Gundark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gundark
Mayhem

What does Shmi do for a living ?

Okay, here's my first new topic, gang. I know Shmi is a slave as well as Anakin, but what does she do? I don't think she works in Watto's shop, but I don't think a slave hangs out around the house all day.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 06:46 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

She probally works at the shop doing the same chores as Anakin did.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 07:15 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Yeah she probably has a nice easy job like all of the slaves seem to have.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 06:54 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

In the novel she does enter the shop at some point, although I can't remember if she was working. Also, in the scene when Qui-Gon tells Shmi and Anakin that Anakin is free she is sitting at her work desk with lots of little pieces of machinery and parts. I think she might make certain gadgets and machines for Watto.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Yes, DD, I remember she was sitting at what looked like some kind of work table with all kinds of small machinery. Still, being slaves, their place certainly wasn't a dungeon. According to the book, there was a main room/kitchen area, Anakins room and Shmi's room. Not bad for slaves on a planet on the outer rim.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2000 04:35 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Somewhere, I think it was in the novel but I'll have to check, but I remember it saying that she cleaned and repaired small items of machinary for Watto. I'm sure that was in the Novel. Before that we was a house maid for a Hutt.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2000 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yes exactly as it says in the Insider's Guide. She was indeed a house servent and now cleans machine devices. Also I think I heard that when in Watto's Shop she cleans racks and things like that, just as Anakin does.
I don't think that either of them have a particular job or routine. I think it just depends on what Watto tells them to do. If his junkyard needs to be sorted out he might tell Shmi to do it and if his shop is dirty he might ask Anakin to clean the place up. It all just depends on what Watto needs rather than a single type of job for each slave.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2000 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I've got to get the insiders guide. But I'd rather repair machinery for Watto than clean house for a Hutt. Yuck.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 06:06 AM
Darth Daft

laughing out loud Yeah, where do those guys take a dump?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 11:30 AM
Dim
Creativity

Ewwwweee, I didn't ever what to think about that!!! sick

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I want one of those little aliens that Salacious Crumb is. Ya know, the little monkey-lizard thing that sits on Jabba's tail.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 07:26 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

A Hutt needs an air freshner like Janitor In A Drum.

WELCOME BACK, DIM !!!! How are those Idaho potatoes ??cool

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 05:46 AM
Dim
Creativity

Ya know...that's the weird thing...I've been here 5 days an nary a potato in sight.

Anyway..would a large slug really smell?...do little ones smell?...I think it's mostly a slime thing with me...That's what I think's so gross..

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

They need the slime to move along. And so would you if you had no legs or skeleton.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2000 11:49 AM
theEvilJedi

Back on topic please.

Anyway here is the answer-When Shmi is not working at Watto's home,she is permitted to clean computer memory devices to bring in a modest income.A small area on her home is where Shmi keeps her tools and equipment is devoted to this activity.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 03:06 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Ah riiight. I guess that's all been mentioned, so we can assume that we're right. I could kind of imagine her making food for Watto too. He isn't likely to make it himself when he has two slaves working for him.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 03:11 AM
theEvilJedi

You mean 1 slave.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 05:30 AM
Darth Daft

erm...yeah. ok. If you say so.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 05:42 AM
theEvilJedi

His only slave is Shmi.Anakin is gone remeber?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 05:47 AM
Darth Daft

Yeah but I meant during the time before he leaves.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 08:44 AM