KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Bond °21

Bond °21
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (66): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Legaia

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
Brosnan has been official confirmed as returning in Bond 21, with an announced date of November 18th 2005.

I read quotes of Peirce where he is saying he is not coming back...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 12:00 AM
Legaia is currently offline Click here to Send Legaia a Private Message Find more posts by Legaia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Is there even a script or a Bond yet? Let alone Bond girl (which I'm hoping they only have one of this time around, I'm sick of having 2 girls with big parts in every movie now, especially sick of having the bad girl really smart and the good girl a real big character. I think we need to have one girl and for her to be good, and not some chick that can join in the action or anything. I think Bond should have to protect her and she shouldn't be a CIA agent or anything like that)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 12:47 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, I heard a rumor a month or two ago that the movie had a script but since no other sites reported it, I think it's a fake...

you mean that the girls should be like in the old movies?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 11:11 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnivEx
Universal Exports

here's the link to the story about a draft script being done... dated August 2, 2004: www mi6 co uk/news/index.php?itemid=1576

as far as a means of confirmation:
www mi6 co uk/news/index.php?itemid=1810
John Cleese, in October 2004, said, "I don't believe there's a Q in the current version of the script."

(the forum says i can't post links, so you'll have to copy/paste the addresses... add "." in place of the spaces in order to make it work roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:42 AM
UnivEx is currently offline Click here to Send UnivEx a Private Message Find more posts by UnivEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=1576
www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=1810
therewink (it's cause you haevnt' posted enough)

yeahn I knew they posted it cause I get most of my info from them smile
so I don't get what held them back before the fight with Barbera: they had a script, they just needed a director and Bond messed

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:47 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnivEx
Universal Exports

hmm... "a director and Bond"... not exactly the two easiest elements of a Bond film to choose... you can't use just any director, to start with... and the person who plays Bond is CRUCIAL to the entire series!!!

only recently did they announce that Martin Campbell was signed to direct the film, and that could still change at the drop of the hat (you know how these Bond productions go... things seem to change every day!)...

and the search for the right person to play Bond has been long and tedious... not only does the right person have to be charming, good-looking, and physically able to do an action film, but he also has to be available (which is an element that kept both Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan from becoming Bond sooner than they did), willing to take less money, perhaps, than stars would take for other high-profile jobs (the Bond franchise is notorious for under-paying the Bond actors), willing to be type-casted (as all Bond actors have been), and willing to sign a multi-film deal (which is why producers have already said they are looking for someone much younger to take over the role)... plus the person who plays Bond must believe that they are right for the role... for instance, Timothy Dalton could have played Bond 20 years earlier, but he declined the offer to play the role because he thought he was too young to be Bond...

so it's not like "all they had to do" was get a director and a Bond... those two points by themselves are very significant elements which you don't want to rush into with just anybody...

but i do agree that they sat on their thumbs much too long before they started working on those elements... lets hope Babs wins out very soon, and we can get back to work, making a new Bond film! big grin

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 04:16 AM
UnivEx is currently offline Click here to Send UnivEx a Private Message Find more posts by UnivEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I don't believe that they will drop Cambell considering he made GE, he did a great job with that.

Don't overestimate finding the new Bond, there are dozens and dozens of actors that would kill to get such a part and it's always better to get an actor that isn't that well known so that people will easier believe that he's a secret agent

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 12:24 PM
NoFate007

quote:
you mean that the girls should be like in the old movies?

I think the girls should be like they were then, SORT OF. I don't think we should just throw a random hot chick in there, like in Dr. No. I think the perfect balance was used in The Living Daylights. The girl became an intricate part of the plot, but she wasn't some gung-ho shootemup "I'm proud to be a woman that can fight back" character. Ever since LTK we've had these girls, and its annoying.

LTK - Pam, she was in the CIA or whatever, Miss Tough.
GE - Xenia was the most active villain basically, and Natalya had too much screen time devoted to her.
TND - Michelle Yeoh was thrown in as "Bond's equal that doesn't match up". Needed to be saved, but they had to have her win the arguments and stuff right? Yeah, pathetic.
TWINE - King and even Jones were into too much action. King was ok, she didn't do much really, she was a behind the scenes girl, that I can take. But when Jones is defusing a bomb instead of Bond, c'mon.
DAD - Berry = enough said, you've seen it. When you give the girls their own fight in the middle of the end sequence, that shows that they're a big part. Ugh.

AND now that they have the new M, she's pulling the "Miss Tough" thing too. I think we need to have a male villain, a male henchman, and ONE girl that has to do with it, and if they really want her to be a "role model" (refrains from puking with the PC bullsh*t) then you can make her a senator or something who knows about the villain and is almost assassinated before Bond saves her. She could be staying in the movie for legal work and stuff, evidence for putting the villain behind bars, but she doesn't need to be a weapons expert and an acrobat or something stupid.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 03:40 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I think that starting from TLD, they wanted to grant women more equal rights, and they did it well in TLD though: the woman was essential to the plot line but with the who "bring in a female agent" thing they got (LTK, TND & DaD) they went overboard since the point still is that Bond needs to save everyone, including the agent. So that means that no matter how good that female agent is supposed to be; they'll still be the damsel in distress.
Then you got the "bad bondgirl" with Xenia and King (King hardly being one) which was for once a nice change of roles but I'm sure they'll go overboard with it now, considering that in DaD they repeated it with Frost.

Girls in bondmovies walk a tight line: they started as nice assesories, but now in this day and age they need to have some input too, and with a tradition of around 15 movies of them having absolutely nothing of that, it's hard to start giving it to them.
Though I do have to say that I like M being a woman; not that I have something against i.e. Lee, just that it's a nice change and she can play the cold ***** she shows she can be in GE. Just they shouldn't give her a role like they did in TND; I mean, she's the boss, she doesn't go into the field! (though it once happened before in a Moore movie, but forgot which one)
Bond is very stereotypical and any chance to this is always met with some sceptisism from many fans, so it's hard to make decisions

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 05:14 PM
yerssot

Pierce for Bond again??

From Metro (UK), asked to Amdur (whose celebrity clients include Catherine Zeta Jones) was asked the question:

What will Pierce Brosnan do now that he's no longer James Bond?

"Well, funnily enough, I believe he will be Bond again. They'll ask him to come back."

Amdur predicted the marriage of Ms Zeta-Jones to Michael Douglas... even before she left Wales for England.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 10:48 PM
UnivEx
Universal Exports

quote:
I think that starting from TLD, they wanted to grant women more equal rights

you've got to go back further than that...i think the Bond women have always been strong-willed (thinking Honey Ryder and Pussy Galore, especially), but Aki in YOLT was a fairly competent secret agent, in her own right... Mary Goodnight in TMWTGG was also a secret agent, though she was a bit ditzy at times... but really from Anya in TSWLM forward, the Bond girls have all played a more prominent "Bond equal"-type role in the stories... but as i said, the girls have always been strong-willed, and have often in favor of women's lib, having taken jobs in all kinds of fields, and (although i don't know how, since so many of them have been so ditzy) have excelled in their chosen fields...

i don't like the idea of the girls being "Bond equals", but they're always going to be strong-willed and independent...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 04:09 AM
UnivEx
Universal Exports

quote:
I don't believe that they will drop Cambell considering he made GE, he did a great job with that.

i wasn't suggesting that they'd drop him, so much as i was suggesting that it might not be true, since most of the things we've heard lately have all been categorized as "rumors", and there's been so little that has actually come from EON...

quote:
Don't overestimate finding the new Bond, there are dozens and dozens of actors that would kill to get such a part and it's always better to get an actor that isn't that well known so that people will easier believe that he's a secret agent

that's partially what i was already saying... but also, keep in mind that although there are "dozens and dozens of actors that would kill to get such a part" there may NOT be dozens and dozens of actors who are right for the part, and being right for the part is a more important aspect here... wink

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 04:14 AM
yerssot

but EON barely gives any facts, they already claimed that they wouldn't go against every rumor cause there are so many of them, so we are bound to go by rumors messed

of course, but from all those people that want to be Bond, at least one has the looks; no? be around 6 foot, dark hair and you're already close to Ian's description
quote:
Originally posted by UnivEx
you've got to go back further than that...i think the Bond women have always been strong-willed (thinking Honey Ryder and Pussy Galore, especially), but Aki in YOLT was a fairly competent secret agent, in her own right... Mary Goodnight in TMWTGG was also a secret agent, though she was a bit ditzy at times... but really from Anya in TSWLM forward, the Bond girls have all played a more prominent "Bond equal"-type role in the stories... but as i said, the girls have always been strong-willed, and have often in favor of women's lib, having taken jobs in all kinds of fields, and (although i don't know how, since so many of them have been so ditzy) have excelled in their chosen fields...

i don't like the idea of the girls being "Bond equals", but they're always going to be strong-willed and independent...

but Honey Ryder was more of an extra, she didn't serve much to the story besides running around being wet.
I never considered Aki as a good agent either, she dies and only saves him once I believe. The only time I considered them a bit more equal was with TSWLM but even there I never thought that she was that important to it, just had some necessary scenes with Moore and that was it messed

A bondgirl should be strong-willed and independent and in some cases, depending on the job they play in the movie, they can and perhaps should be equals, but then it's so silly that Bond always needs to go and save their skin; kinda beats the whole idea then.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 12:03 PM
UnivEx
Universal Exports

quote:
from all those people that want to be Bond, at least one has the looks; no? be around 6 foot, dark hair and you're already close to Ian's description
the looks, maybe, but the looks are just part of Bond... he must also have the sex appeal (which encompasses more than just looks); the voice; the ability to do both action scenes and love scenes; the ability to carry himself with the right air of confidence; he must look good in a tux; sound natural with the one-liners; and he must have the ability to play the dangerous side of the character... and must be not only British, but also white, and male (sorry P Diddy and Sarah Michelle Geller - you can't be Bond!)... roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

quote:
but Honey Ryder was more of an extra, she didn't serve much to the story besides running around being wet.
although she didn't get as involved as future Bond girls, she was still a good example of an independent woman...

quote:
I never considered Aki as a good agent either, she dies and only saves him once I believe.
she saves him at least twice that i can remember... she was professional when she led Bond to Henderson and Tiger, both - not giving in to Bond's questions, etc... just because she dies doesn't mean she's not strong-willed or independent, or even that she wasn't a good agent... PLUS, Bond never had to save her, which says something for her competence, right there, if she lasted all that way through the movie by herself... says a lot for Aki, too, when you consider how many times Bond has had to save other Bond girls - especially someone like Jinx, whom you would expect to be able to handle herself, if she were really as good of an agent as they act like she ought to be... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 05:34 AM
yerssot

the actor for bond doesn't have to be british at all, we have Pierce and Lazenby to proof that messed and we have the acting of Moore to proof that he shouldn't play a dangerous side that well either wink
but yeah, looks, tux, one liners, etc. but from all the actors, I mean, there has to be one right, it can't be other wise messed

well, with that knife on her belt, she was perhaps, yes wink

I mean with the dying, that she obviously wasn't good enough as an agent to survive. I totally agree with the jinx-comment, that bother me a lot too! NSA, great agent and gets knocked out cold like an amateur plus can't escape a simple ice-y room roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:40 AM
UnivEx
Universal Exports

quote:
from all the actors, I mean, there has to be one right

yes, and his name is Clive Owen big grin (i couldn't pass that up!)
seriously, though... yes, there are likely several people in the world who are right for the role, BUT the secret is in a) finding one, and b) getting him to sign the deal to do more than one film for less money than most folks would take for it (because the producers have a history of "under-paying" the Bond actors)...

quote:
I mean with the dying, that she obviously wasn't good enough as an agent to survive.

but it's a fact of life: good agents die sometimes, too...
that's what makes Bond so great, is that he survives and succeeds where the rest fail... for instance, in order to become a 00 agent, you have to be considered among the best of the best... but how many 00 agents have died in Bond films? several! does it mean they weren't good agents? of course not! they were among the best of the best, but they just weren't as good as James Bond... which is why we love James Bond... he's almost SuperHuman...

i mean, seriously, if you follow that line of reasoning ("He/she wasn't a good agent because he/she died"), then you can also say that James Bond isn't a good agent, because he wasn't good enough to keep from being captured by the bad guys in almost every movie! the only difference between him and them is that he survived... Bond is a better agent than all the rest, but that doesn't mean that the rest can't include good agents... even if they die sometimes... stick out tongue big grin

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 08:11 AM
yerssot

well, I gotta say, that if he does perhaps a new haircut, that Clive would look good for it, but with the latest rumors I'm really hoping to get them to let Pierce return, he really is great in DaD eventhough the story is terrible. And he can accept the payment even ...

of course, I misexpressed myself here... I know double-ohs die... octopussy and TLD pops to mind already: two in each....
but I mean, we got all these agents and equals and such but still not a single one up till now (generalising here, I take) were even close to the standard that Bond has; he gets out of it with barely if any injuries while others die as soon as the villain takes a look at them.
I mean that if they want them to be agents, they should survive it too! you can let some die to establish the villain is a badass but everytime? and then make us believe that the agent was one of the best? that simply doesn't work much to me messed

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 05:46 PM
forumcrew

A New Sound for Bond 21
Source: Mi6.co.uk
January 20, 2005

Mi6.co.uk alerted us that David Arnold, who composed the soundtracks for Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, and Die Another Day, will be shifting his style for Bond 21.

Now that Pierce Brosnan has left the franchise, Arnold was asked on his official website whether or not he has a new sound planned for the 21st 007 film.

"I think it is time to move on," said Arnold, "the Brosnan scores were written for the Brosnan pictures, and that is why they are the way they are. New Bond, New movie, New sound."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:54 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, I just read it ... but does that guy have a contract signed already for the music?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 08:08 PM
UnivEx
Universal Exports

quote:
I mean that if they want them to be agents, they should survive it too! you can let some die to establish the villain is a badass but everytime? and then make us believe that the agent was one of the best? that simply doesn't work much to me messed

Felix Leiter (several times over), Tiger Tanaka, Mary Goodnight, Anya, Wai Lin, Jinx... all these were agents of one organization or another who survived... might be others, but those i got off the top of my head...

*yawn*

Old Post Jan 21st, 2005 04:38 AM