KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Dan, Rupert and Emma - OFFICIAL Thread [merged]

Dan, Rupert and Emma - OFFICIAL Thread [merged]
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luna150

Dan is the

LuNa LoVeGoOd Is ThE bEsT

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:04 PM
Luna150 is currently offline Click here to Send Luna150 a Private Message Find more posts by Luna150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

OOps. Dan in the 1st film was absoloutly crap. I am sorry dan if you ever read this but i can see why your dad didn't want you to do the harry potter films. He was chosen because he LOOKED the part. They didn't care if the people could hardly act. Emma may over react ( she ment to 'duh' this is hermione she is playing) but at least she DOES. Daniel has turned harry into a super hero. He isn't a super hero he is an unsure teenage boy. And in the scene talking with dobby in the bedroom why the hell does he suddenly turn american? I think rupert hasn't turned ron into neville the script writer has. Ruper is a talented actor and if the script was more like ron (poor, NOT stupid but really insentitive) Then i think he would do rons part justice. And to any one who says emma is crap, to save my self from arguements ill just say. I think she is terrificand i hope to see her again.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:11 PM
Luna150 is currently offline Click here to Send Luna150 a Private Message Find more posts by Luna150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tomisfit

quote:
Originally posted by Luna150
OOps. Dan in the 1st film was absoloutly crap. I am sorry dan if you ever read this but i can see why your dad didn't want you to do the harry potter films. He was chosen because he LOOKED the part. They didn't care if the people could hardly act. Emma may over react ( she ment to 'duh' this is hermione she is playing) but at least she DOES. Daniel has turned harry into a super hero. He isn't a super hero he is an unsure teenage boy. And in the scene talking with dobby in the bedroom why the hell does he suddenly turn american? I think rupert hasn't turned ron into neville the script writer has. Ruper is a talented actor and if the script was more like ron (poor, NOT stupid but really insentitive) Then i think he would do rons part justice. And to any one who says emma is crap, to save my self from arguements ill just say. I think she is terrificand i hope to see her again.

i agrre wit most of ur points-dat Dan is craap im sorry but he is n now der rellin us dat der ALL doin' da next 2 movies/films! if i wa da director n i said dat HE could do dem i'd atleast give him acting lessons!

p.s Emma n Rupert n Tom r all sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom n Emma......something is well goin' on!!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:17 PM
tomisfit is currently offline Click here to Send tomisfit a Private Message Find more posts by tomisfit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

yeah i agree too. yes maybe that was the screenwriting, but i think he could calm that a lil bit down. (rupert i mean)
i dont think that emma overreacted, maybe a very, very lil bit... but still like her as hermione. i have got nothing against daniel personally... i dont know him, and so i cant say anything about him, but i still dont liek him as harry... yeah he plays the super hero

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:48 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malfoy's chick
Girl obsessed with Harry

*snorts* and who could do better then Dan? and Emma makes Hermione look stuck up! Hermione isn't supposed to be stuck up. There are a lot of other people who could do better then her.

Harry is a hero who is brave! He is not unsure, only in the first book. and Dan did the unsure 11 year old brilliant! in the second book he became more sure of himself and more brave. Exactly what Dan did!

Dan's parents didn't want him being in the movie because they knew how popular it would and how changed Dan's life would be. They didn't want pressure on Dan and it affecting his school work!

Ani? my have you grown!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 10:04 AM
Malfoy's chick is currently offline Click here to Send Malfoy's chick a Private Message Find more posts by Malfoy's chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

i've just read every post here, and to be perfectly honest i don't think it was any of the actor's faults for the movies being a huge let down. the books are absolutely amazing, i finished reading a long awaited "order of the phoenix" last nite, and i'm still in awe. J.K.Rowling's talent has in no way been done justice in any of the films, very important parts were cut that held details needed for a full understanding of the story, and most of the characters weren't portrayed well enough at all. obviously i realise that if the films were to be as good as the books, they would need to be at least four hours long, but as this is not possible, they shouldn't have been made! i have not seen a movie yet that truly does justice to the original book, except perhaps the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and hopefully that was a breakthrough for other books to be made into films in a way that doesn't leave the audience feeling disappointed and deflated.
to return to the first point i made about it being not the actor's fault, but the writers, i believe that dan, rupert and emma were possibly the best for the roles, but the actual films were simply not up to scratch!

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 01:19 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

there are a whole lot of notes in this section of the board,.
I don't know all that much about these three...I just know they were in the movies about HP and I read a mag article on them once

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 07:00 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

O well all i can say is hermione isn't 'stuck up' exactly but she is posh and well spoken isnt she. Plus Harry doesn want to be a hero he wants to be normal. so the "lets hope harry will be around to save the day" and the "dont worry i will be" were totoly stupid and sounded like somthing out of pokemon but of course that is daniels fault. When i have emet every single person and seen them act then ill tell u whos the best for the parts. Peopl tell me is u noticed harry suddedn turn american in some parts. Im sorry but Dan was really rubbish in the 1st film but he is definalty improving. Also i think in the films dumbledore looks over his gasses and gave people'looks' Too often. Anyway i think all the actors are goof espec alan rickman. But i really think dan was type cast. J.K wanted him as harry before he even did a screen test

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 08:10 PM
Syren
dreaming

luna, you've got really gd points! dan is getting a lot better, but dont most ppl with age and experience? i think the best actor for the character was alan rickman as snape, and zoe wannamaker as madam hooch, i thought she was excellent! unfortunately, i dont think hagrid was portrayed properly, for a start i never saw him as fat in my imagination, i figured he would be quite well toned, obviously tall, but definitely not fat coz he does a lot of outdoor things! and i think fred and george were perfect, but they could've been better lookin! aaah, oliver wood *swoon*

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 02:03 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

soz i made a mistake i ment it ISN'T dans fault about the whole 'dont worry i will be' thing. I think all the emma watson haters 'there are so many' should all come here insead of making pnew threads which are closen

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 04:13 PM
Syren
dreaming

but why does everyone hate emma? i think she was really good as hermione, i related to her coz i was seen as a complete boffin when i was in school, itz difficult to be "cool" if your intelligence is high!! laughing
but maybe she was a little pompous, but i think that is because she knew she'd have a hard time of it, being clever and a "Mudblood" as Draco calls her. She just had good defences and used her intelligence to protect herslf, seeming a bit stuck up in doing so!!

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 04:17 PM
Luna150

I think people dont like hermione because she is really clebver and most epople just think stupid boffins aint cool' So they hate her but of course they hate boffins which means there not the brightest bulb and hate emma ionstead because she is soo goood at being a clever boffin big grin

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 08:07 PM
tomisfit

i think da people in da school 'hate' her sometimes b'cos when dey don't know somthin' she well kinda flunts it in der face a bit! confused
but don't get me wrong i like Hermonie n Emmma! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 08:11 PM
tomisfit is currently offline Click here to Send tomisfit a Private Message Find more posts by tomisfit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

Emma steals the other ones the show and thats why evry1 hates her laughing laughing laughing not was was a joke. i think i like hermione as a char... shes funny rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 05:51 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tomisfit

^ i didn't understand a word of dat!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 07:52 PM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

i said: Emmas steals everyone the show, thats why everone hates her. but that was a joke.i think i like hermione as a chracter, shes funny

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 04:55 PM
Julie
The Student

like hermoine...adn don't know all that much about Emma....so have to say I like her too:-)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 01:28 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

i like emma i think dan is a prat. i mean a rubbish actor. But seriuosly. No one can say he was rubbish because he was young. Have u seen love actualy? The little boy in that who play sam is younger then dan and he is brilliant so dan basicly cant use his age as an excuse

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 07:14 PM
azyne

Yeah Dan could do a lot better. Actually I think he did okay in the first---everyone did. COME ON, THEY JUST STARTED! Tom Felton was brilliant from the beginning, and Emma and Rupert were pretty okay too. But in the second, I really expected them to get better, and they did...too much. Everyone overacted! (That's one thing I hate, which is why I hate Hilary Duff, she overacts evvvverything) I think even though Emma still overacted in the third film (from the pictures), I think she's getting better because she's stressing the right things.

Anyhoo.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 12:00 AM
azyne is currently offline Click here to Send azyne a Private Message Find more posts by azyne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luna150

Dan was so bad in the 1st film i was really angry because i thought it was going to be good

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 09:56 AM