KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (PHILOSOPHY PATH)- 'The Journey'

USH'S MATRIX GAME FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (PHILOSOPHY PATH)- 'The Journey'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (PHILOSOPHY PATH)- 'The Journey'

No briefing. The players are in the hands of the Renegade Programme Melitus. Melitus has encrypted their coding so that they crash a hardline when they access it meaning the players cannot return to the real world. Those who made it to Melitus to confront him have learned that Melitus has the same powers as the Oracle, and has used his foresight to set-up this situation in advance.

Unable to harm Melitus in any way, and isolated form any help inside Melitus' domain, the players have no option other than to accept the choice Melitus gave them. To drink the wine he offers, and to continue down the road that the renegade Captain Jericho- the ultimate objective of the player's mission- took, to understand his choice to side with Melitus, in which case Melitus offers to undo the encryption Or to not drink, and face the consequences.

Those who did not drink have been subdued by the Xiao Emo, a very nasty piece of work who apparently takes orders from Melitus. Those who drank were soon taken out as well, by something in the wine.

It is those who chosse to drink the wine that we shall now concentrate on.

Ok folks, here goes. I have described the boundaries of this Philosophy path many times before, and shall not do so again- you knew what you were signing up for. But just some last second reminders:

- Think, but do not try and be too clever. A prevaricating smart-arse scores nothing.

- You will be timed, because this Path has to move on at roughly the same pace as the other. But do NOT be hasty. Once you put something down on the thread, you cannot change it.

- Be consistent. I am not interested in your intellectual level of sophistication- remember, Philosophy in the Matrix has to be Neo-proof. So I am far more interested in coherence and conistency than any form of startling insight into the nature of things.

- If you are confused or have queries, I am afraid that I, Ush, cannot help you. That is against the nature of the section. As the Oracle does not tell you exactly what is going on or what to do- because it is important that YOU do these things, not her- likewise I cannot guide you through. However, there is a capacity to discuss things and get help WITHIN the game system, so use that.

- Have an open mind. This is very important. A closed mind will learn little. Also, respect each other's difference in opinion. Discuss it, disagree with it, but don't condemn it. Not wanting to make anyone nervous here... but to condemn it is not your job... remember, this is a personal exercise for each of you. You are not trying to outsmart anything. Some form of forced team approach to the problem will not help you. Let everyone submit what they want to submit. I guarantee you, so long as you make an effort to engage with things, nothing you submit will ve discarded as stupid. The only problems will be those submissions that are not relevant. Remember, not engaging means you lose.

- And to develop on that... you may not seek help from outside the thread., I cannot halt personal messaging; it is no great disaster if you talk things over with others, I guess. But- and this is for anyone else reading this- whilst 'visiting' players from Combat can make encouraging or dispariging comments, they absolutely can NOT give you advice. This is your Path, not theirs, nor is it relevant for anyone not playing the game.

All that understood... is everyone ready to begin?

Note- whilst some have done it in the beta thread, could all players please update their stat and skill options in the character creation thread. I believe everyone here has still to do that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 27th, 2004 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 03:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yep..i'm ready

though i did make that 2.5 character creation..so not everyone

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 04:40 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I see nothing in the 2.5 character creation thread....

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 04:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

huh?..if it's something besides the mind and skills upgrade..then i didn't do it big grin

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 04:48 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I need it all referenced in the v2,5 character thread for easy updating. You did it in beta; just port it over.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 04:49 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Silence... is it just Dexx who is ready? He could be lonely.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 28th, 2004 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 07:46 PM
Fire

now was my question answered? do the special tricks count for zion combat points?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 07:58 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It was, I said yes.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 08:00 PM
Fire

(must have missed that, all I found was a probably)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 08:03 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That'll do...

BtVS

Old Post Jan 27th, 2004 08:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Zink says he's ready.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 01:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Very well then. Here we go.

----------------------------------

The six of you- or however many decide to partake of this- are each lying on a comfortable sofa inside a large room done out in the typical Melitus Georgian style, with the white panelling and elegant architecture.

There are 'several' doors leading out of here.

Your sofas are arranged in a circle around a table in the middle of the room, upon which is a bottle of wine and six glasses.

There is a camera in an upper corner of the room. Two feet below that is a small intercom unit. Right now, violin music is playing through the intercom.

There is a large painting dominating one side of the room. It is provided as an attachment.

Attachment: painting.jpg
This has been downloaded 91 time(s).

BtVS

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 09:41 PM
Fire

I know that painting WHIII

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 11:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Probably helpful that someone does but on its own that is not very useful right now.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 11:45 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Death of a famous Greek philosipher, but the name eludes me...

(Relaying...)

Heph starts to get up, looking around the room. "What happened...?"

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 11:46 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

BTW, Zink and BB will have to come present their parts in person soon or they will be invalid.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 11:51 PM
Fire

woops

Old Post Jan 28th, 2004 11:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You are all free to explore your environment.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 12:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Noted, Ush. I'll go *****-slap them until they do.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 12:17 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ta. This is a somewhat more personal experience than a simple fight, you see.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 12:21 AM