KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (PHILOSOPHY PATH)- 'The Journey'

USH'S MATRIX GAME FOURTH ASSIGNMENT (PHILOSOPHY PATH)- 'The Journey'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"I can only provide you something you would need to take with water and I have none to offer."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 01:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"Ok nevermind than, thanks anyway"

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 01:30 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

"why are we here?"

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 02:01 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"You know why you are here," says Melitus. "You are here to understand things."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 02:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

How can we understand things while were trapped in a room with nothing but a painting on the wall?

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 05:06 PM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Are you actually saying that or just commenting for the sake of it? If the first, Melitus can reply, if the second, I am not going to help you.

"When you are ready," says Melitus, "please proceed through one of the doors."

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:05 PM
Castor
Castor, Natural

(I forgot the quotations, it was an in character remark.)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:07 PM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh wow, you changed into Castor.

"I may as well ask you why can you NOT understand things in such a situation," says Melitus. "If you are inapable of interpreting things that is not my fault. Please, proceed."

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:10 PM
Castor
Castor, Natural

Yeah, good ole Raz changed it for me. I've been wondering how to do that forever. When I first joined I wanted to do SW RP, but I was bored with it so I joined the Matrix RP, thus I changed my name to my user name.

"Hmmm..." Proceeds through this door that Rade(I think it was him) tried ot open before.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:13 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The door now opens, easily...

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:17 PM
Castor
Castor, Natural

Can I see anything through the doorway without stepping through ush?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:20 PM
Dexx
wingless

"very well...let's playthis sick game of yours" mutters Rade. He picks a door and opens it....going through

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:28 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

Looks at rade for a second...he wonders whats through the door. (Waiting for ush response before i enter)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is hard to see where you are before you go through the door.

You are all in a large warehouse type room. This room, like all the other rooms in this sequence, as an intercom and a camera.

The warehouse is filled, from top to bottom, with endless computer monitors- old ones from the dawn of computing, boxy 80s/90s ones, hi-tech slim flat screen ones, and ones very similar to the ones you use on your ships.

Each one is filled with Matrix code, trailing down the screen endlessly. Each one appears to be a shot of everyday life in the Matrix, now, at this moment. An empty bedroom in a house. A park. A man on his way to work. An argument in a back alley. Ice observing someone at a school. Cars driving down a road. The sky. And so on.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 29th, 2004 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:45 PM
Castor
Castor, Natural

"....Whoa....."

He looks in amazement at the screens, and then is puzzled.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:47 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is enough room between banks of monitors to manoeuvre. This room also has 'several' doors.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 06:50 PM
Dexx
wingless

"a machine wouldn't need to view the code on monitors" starts Rade, to whoever might hear him..
"these screens are for....someone like...us"

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 08:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"The Matrix," says Melitus. "Whether you are its enemy or its friend, whether you would see it preserved or destroyed, there is no doubting the enormity of its achievement. Here a world is kept, a prison that no inmate knows is a prison, where the needs of one society are filled by the ignorant enslavement of another, but a slavery which does not restrict the day to day life of its victims. A world which, perhaps, is more important than the 'real' world without. And its operation is the major obession for every sentient being on the planet. For its inmates, to live in it. For those like me, to stay unnoticed in it. For the jailors, to maintain its operation. And for those inmates who learn the truth, to destroy it. It is all around us, looking like one thing but being another, and even when you are not in it, it occupies your thoughts more than any other consideration. Seen like this, it is just so much code, but look at what that code has become. More real than Real, some would say."

BtVS

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 09:30 PM
Dexx
wingless

"no...it is simply a sick simulation. there is nothing real that has to do with the matrix.."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 09:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"That is incorrect," says Melitus. "Everything that happens in the Matrix is 100% real. You confuse real with physical. Just because the Matrix is not physical, it does not detract from its reality. Everything that happens inside it does indeed happen. A person who talks to another in the Matrix really DOES talk to that person. He simply is doing it via a means different to that which he perceives. This conversation we are having right now is real, although it is not physical. Your life before you were rescued from the Matrix? No-one made that up. That life was REAL. It did happen. Those memories are not implanted- you really did do those things. It was simply not in the physical world.

"The Matrix is not truly a dream. A dream is introspective, it is relative only to yourself and exists only for yourself. But the Matrix is independant. it exists whether you observe it or not, and two people can independantly observe the same thing, and one person affect it and the other also see the change, very different to a dream

"In fact, the only significant thing that is unreal for the inmates of the Matrix is the idea that you have ultimate control over your own destiny, whereas in fact that is a privilege accorded to you by others, the Machines, who would remove that immediately if it suited them. As it is, Humans in the Matrix are accorded free will so long as it does not interfere with the parameters of the simulation.

"There are also some more petty things that are unreal, like the metaphysical nature of their world- for example, the existence of the Matrix Universe can be measured in years, not aeons- the past is simulated, your ancestors did not exist, there was no Big Bang, the world was created in software, and so forth. But these things can safely be assumed by everyone and are not important. They do not affect the life of anyone, whereas suddenly being terminated on a whim by a Machine certainly would.

"However, I am not at this point debating the concept of real. I am merely pointing out that significance of the Matrix in everyone's lives."

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 29th, 2004 at 10:29 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 10:15 PM