KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Favorite Jack Sparrow Lines!

Favorite Jack Sparrow Lines!
Started by: Slonik9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

quote:
[listen to it when Kiera says it when Pintel and his friend find her and pintel says "ello puppet"
Kiera or elizabeth, yells out "paley!"
[/B]

yeah the british don't pronounce their R's. so it does sound like paley, but its actually parley. i think. thats what it sounds like to me.
i'm gonna check with the subtitles the next time i watch it

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"
--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 11:18 PM
Nobody'sGirl is currently offline Click here to Send Nobody'sGirl a Private Message Find more posts by Nobody'sGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slonik9

Why wouldn't British people pronouce R? Where did you get that from?
How would Jack and Kiera say rum?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 11:37 PM
Slonik9 is currently offline Click here to Send Slonik9 a Private Message Find more posts by Slonik9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

well they do sometimes
but if u listen, they dont always.
i mean in words like "rum" they HAVE to
but in words like "car" u cant hear it as well. i mean its still there, its not like a rhode island accent but its not really pronounced
ahh im confusing myself
listen an maybe ull see what im talking about
or talk with a british accent
thats one of the rules my theatre teacher gave us when we were learning standard british accents - dont pronounce r's like in car

sorry thats so long!

an i dont mean to sound snobby or bitchy or anything sorry if i do. i dont mean to be, really!

--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:56 AM
Nobody'sGirl is currently offline Click here to Send Nobody'sGirl a Private Message Find more posts by Nobody'sGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WeAreTheWorld

it's not that they don't pronounce them.. it's just hard to explain.. you can still hear the r.. but say you're like American or Canadian the r is more pronounced
for instance car won't sound like ca or caw it still sounds like car.. it's the accent kicking in

heh heh.. I have no idea what I'm talking aboutstick out tonguestick out tongue

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 01:59 AM
WeAreTheWorld is currently offline Click here to Send WeAreTheWorld a Private Message Find more posts by WeAreTheWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

yeah i get u. i cant explain either. ure right about the american/canadian thing tho - u can hear the R's better (unless ure from rhode island, then R does not exist)

british accents rock the world!! so do scottish and irish even though i cant do them!!!

--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 03:34 AM
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

My favourite line is "Not sure i deserved that"

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 12:06 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slonik9

Paley is a french word, and in french, R's are pronounced in a diffrent way, like Bounjur, the r is the troat sound, that you make, so it's paley, not parley, that just wouldn't make sence, it's paley, paley, paley!
Just watch the movie and listen to how thet say it, you'll see!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 08:45 PM
Slonik9 is currently offline Click here to Send Slonik9 a Private Message Find more posts by Slonik9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cycochic

everyone pray and keep your fingers crossed for johnny depp at the oscars, he was unfortuante in the baftas but I'm hoping he'll get an oscar, he deserves one. I hope Bill Murray doesn't get his award again!!!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 08:45 PM
cycochic is currently offline Click here to Send cycochic a Private Message Find more posts by cycochic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slonik9

Johnny has to win!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 08:51 PM
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

ok i watched the movie with SUBTITLES. it is PARLEY!!!!!! listen to them!! u can HEAR the R even though theyre english!!!!!! PARLEY!!!!!

sorry if i sounded mean. i dont mean to be mean.

--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 03:28 AM
Captian Rogue
Pirate

Parle would actually look like this if it was written in french...Parl'e or parle'...coz it has the accent party thingie, if you know what i mean...

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 08:39 AM
Captian Rogue is currently offline Click here to Send Captian Rogue a Private Message Find more posts by Captian Rogue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Babi_Gurl
sweet ass biitch

i love it when he says

"But you have heard of me"smile

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 09:24 AM
Babi_Gurl is currently offline Click here to Send Babi_Gurl a Private Message Find more posts by Babi_Gurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Funny old world ain it

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 08:31 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cycochic

he didn't win damn you sean penn!!! It would be nice for a comic actor to win for once.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 04:19 PM
cycochic is currently offline Click here to Send cycochic a Private Message Find more posts by cycochic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slonik9

Im SURE Johnny Depp will win next movie! He's making a great oscar-type movie, about some artist that was mute, and only he could only make eye contact. That is a really hard role to play, and I know that Johnny will do good in it, and he will win the oscar!
I'm also really angry at Lord of the Rings! Because both Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings were in the same categories in all exept one, Ohhhhh... I hate Lord of the Rings!!!!!!!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 08:59 PM
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

He'll only win if there are films that have crap actors

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 02:03 PM
orliluvr4life

My favorite jd line is....

"She’s safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman. "

actually that's not really my fav cuz i have soooo>o many.
That movie changed my life, no joke.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 11:50 PM
orliluvr4life is currently offline Click here to Send orliluvr4life a Private Message Find more posts by orliluvr4life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

oo i love that one.

LOR changed my life. i guess POC is changing my life. or rather, making me want to. and try to. yeah. movies and books do that to me.

--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 02:34 AM
MissesDepp?!
Creature of the night...

POTC changed my life. It's funny, in my diary i go (note: zach is the ass.hole i was in love with for 2 weeks before i saw Pirates Of the Caribbean)

Diary,

scratch everything about not loving Zach, he went to flordia and now that he's back i realize how much i really do love him! I love him so so much!!!!

the next entry....

Diary,

Oh my god! I saw Pirates of the Caribbean and Johnny deep (I KNOW PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I THOUGHT IT WAS DEEP FOR A DAY) played a pirate named Jack Sparrow and i fell totally in love... etc

the rest was ramblings about how he looked *sigh* who knew that an hour and fourty five minutes of film could make someone dream again....

Curiouser and Curiouser

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 02:44 AM
MissesDepp?! is currently offline Click here to Send MissesDepp?! a Private Message Find more posts by MissesDepp?! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nobody'sGirl
I am so Confused...

lol thats funny. jack's great.

u kno whats strange? people see a movie and they like the character and so they say they like the actor, but they really dont kno the actor. its weird. cause, if u've only seen the actor in one movie and u like them, then isn't it really the character u like, not the actor? or maybe...ahh ok i'll stop.

sorry. i'm not being mean, just pondering the ways of the world...

--Smashing Pumpkins

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 03:08 AM