KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Broken PS2

Broken PS2
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Lance, the way the PS2s are manufactured, the DVD-Rom is always the first to go, I had the same prob with 3 PS2s (replaced every time) My normal CDs worked, DVDs didn't.

As far as I know, your PS2 has had it, the DVD lens needs replacing.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 02:05 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

dude i have the same problem with my xbox right now. i tried watching 2 different DVDs on the piece of crap and they won't load. But then i try the soundtrack from Big Fish and it works perfectly....what a piece of crap these systems are. Oh and gamecube too because that POS doesn't even play dvds

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 02:52 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

At least Microsoft repair their X-box's for free, regardless of the age of the console as long as its a hardware fault and you haven't dropped it or anything. (Even if you have you don't tell them that), I've had my X-Box replaced several times due to CD-ROM and motherboard faliure. (The most painful and recent one is that my old HDD suffered INTERNAL PHYSICAL DAMAGE(Thats what they said but I know THEY broke it). I don't know how. lol.

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 02:59 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

In my oppinion all systems are designed poorly, the most robust one is the X-Box, the PS2 is the used car of the consoles and the GameCube is somewhere in between.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:00 PM
Linkalicious

yeah...that might now work since i moded my xbox. Now i have a bigger harddrive and a different optical laser...but that shouldn't change anything. Oh well, i have like 5 dvd players at my house...i really don't need xbox's player. But i still thought i'd come here and ***** like a sissy girl. *shakes fist in air out of anger*

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:01 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

I wanna upgrade my HDD, I never thought of upgrading the optical laser.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:04 PM
Linkalicious

i had to....i have a "1st generation" xbox. Which means it was in the 1st shipment sent out by microsoft. So it doesn't play new games like Medal of Honor or Project Gotham 2. No doubt it woulda screwed me on Halo 2 so i just replaced it for like $30 or something petty like that. i can't wait to finally buy a game other than Zelda for my gamecube...lets go Crystal Chronicles.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:09 PM
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Have you heard the rumor that for Halo 2, Doom 3 and Half Life 2 to run at optimal standard you'll need to get the new X-Box (1.5 I think) because the current chipset apparently wont run it as well.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:15 PM
S_D_J
Bane

quote:
Originally posted by Daedalus
Have you heard the rumor that for Halo 2, Doom 3 and Half Life 2 to run at optimal standard you'll need to get the new X-Box (1.5 I think) because the current chipset apparently wont run it as well.

whoa.... and ppl say Xbox isn't a computer whistle

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 03:30 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

actually i haven't heard any rumor like that at all. To the best of my knowledge the xbox is ready and set to rock those 3 games. I'm 100% sure you won't need a new xbox to play Halo 2...but i dunno about the other 2 games. I really don't expect halo 2 to have phenominal graphics...just good ones. It's the gameplay that makes halo rule

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 05:07 PM
Blade Cutter
Le Senior Membero Poonta!

Storm when you send it in ask to swop it out with a new one.I did this and they a brand new one and contoler and cords plus they fixed my old one and sent to me a contoler and cords.So I have two PS2s and three contolers.But I did send my PS2 in three times before I did this they say they need to try to fix it once before they can swop but you had your's sent to be fixed once so it should work.Hope you get to PS2s!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 07:31 AM
Blade Cutter is currently offline Click here to Send Blade Cutter a Private Message Find more posts by Blade Cutter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote