KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Day After Tomorrow [merged]

The Day After Tomorrow [merged]
Started by: 113

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

From what I see, this film is extremely eco-hysterical and also tries to sneak in some partisan politcal points about Kyoto. Feeble.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 17th, 2004 02:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

It's a mind blowing killer movie! I watched it 30 minutes ago! smile

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 02:55 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Great. I'm going to see the movie later today. I'm pretty big on disaster flicks so this one looks pretty exciting.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:00 PM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

It is exciting. The tornados, ice & snow, the flooding look so real! The music is awesome too.

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:17 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

quote:
From what I see, this film is extremely eco-hysterical and also tries to sneak in some partisan politcal points about Kyoto. Feeble'

Wow ush considering you have not watched this movie yet.
so watch it before judgeing it

ok

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post May 28th, 2004 04:40 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant wait to see it.

I dont mean to sound like a wimp but im scared of heights and stuff like that and just looking at all these things on screen I might get woozy blink

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:16 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xemir

I give the movie a 5 out of 10. Corney in some parts but Good in other parts and the effects are excellent but to bad they gave em all away in the trailers.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 10:43 PM
xemir is currently offline Click here to Send xemir a Private Message Find more posts by xemir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by ash007
Wow ush considering you have not watched this movie yet.
so watch it before judgeing it

ok

I am not judging the quality of the film- I am saying making cheap political points in a movie, and being eco-hysterical, is feeble. This I stand by.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2004 11:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Saw it, loved it, easily the best disaster movie in recent history.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 11:53 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

You changed your sig again CA.

I know im gonna love this movie.

Old Post May 29th, 2004 12:19 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDirector

This movie rocked!! Did anyone else feel cold after leaving the theater?

Old Post May 31st, 2004 04:09 PM
TheDirector is currently offline Click here to Send TheDirector a Private Message Find more posts by TheDirector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

i heard it was sad.

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 31st, 2004 04:19 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Saw it, loved it, easily the best disaster movie in recent history.

Compared to what? The Core? There hasn't been much recent disaster movies recently, has there?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 03:31 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Compared to what? The Core? There hasn't been much recent disaster movies recently, has there?

The Core, Armageddon, Deep Rising, Hard Rain, 28 Days Later, Independence Day, Volcano, Daylight, and if you want to count it, Dante's Peak.

It's one of the best, right up there with The Poseidon Adventure.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 03:53 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

nice sig CA

I like from that list Amageddon,ID4,volcano,dantes peak

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 07:26 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The Core, Armageddon, Deep Rising, Hard Rain, 28 Days Later, Independence Day, Volcano, Daylight, and if you want to count it, Dante's Peak.

It's one of the best, right up there with The Poseidon Adventure.

Ok, so late 90s is recent. I was trying to figure out your definitition of recent.

I'll probably dislike The Day After Tomorrow because IMO, disaster movies are corny pieces of crap (IMO). Plus they are usually way to unrealistic (yes, I know they are just hypothetical situations).

The Core: SUCKED MOST! Can't see how anybody could defend this one.

Armageddon: Entertaining but too corny and unrealistic for me.

Deep Rising: Haven't seen it. Do you mean Deep Impact? I liked how a large part of the meteor or whatever did hit but still wasn't a fan.

Hard Rain: Never saw it.

28 Days Later: I wouldn't count this as a disaster movie. But I didn't like it anyway.

Independence Day: I like this more than the others. Its very entertaining. Still doesn't mean I'm a big fan, its just better than the others because I like aliens and UFOs and crap.

Volcano: Corny

Daylight: Haven't seen.

Dante's Peak: This is probably one of my favorite disaster movies because its pretty realistic.

I'm going to add "Twister" to your list:
Twister: This one is ok. But come on, its a little too fake how easily they found the tornados.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 07:36 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

I saw it. I loved it. The special FX were mind blowing but the plot line was a little cheesy with the whole father and son thing. The movie really freaked me and my friend out cuz one day soon, that is really gonna happen, not exactly like that but something similar no expression

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 08:39 AM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by BarmyBrummie
I saw it. I loved it. The special FX were mind blowing but the plot line was a little cheesy with the whole father and son thing. The movie really freaked me and my friend out cuz one day soon, that is really gonna happen, not exactly like that but something similar no expression

The cheesy part that you are talking about is probably the corny thing I was talking about that will make me dislike this movie.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 09:40 AM
Lord Shadow Z

Disaster movies are really horrible and corny 'human beings standing united(mostly Americans, because of course America's the centre of the universe in these films) against the onrush of nature itself' just makes me want to be sick.
The only ones I thought were okay to some extent was Twister and Independance Day, the rest of them were absolutely crap and dire and boring.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 11:16 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Myth
Ok, so late 90s is recent. I was trying to figure out your definitition of recent.

I'll probably dislike The Day After Tomorrow because IMO, disaster movies are corny pieces of crap (IMO). Plus they are usually way to unrealistic (yes, I know they are just hypothetical situations).

The Core: SUCKED MOST! Can't see how anybody could defend this one.

Armageddon: Entertaining but too corny and unrealistic for me.

Deep Rising: Haven't seen it. Do you mean Deep Impact? I liked how a large part of the meteor or whatever did hit but still wasn't a fan.

Hard Rain: Never saw it.

28 Days Later: I wouldn't count this as a disaster movie. But I didn't like it anyway.

Independence Day: I like this more than the others. Its very entertaining. Still doesn't mean I'm a big fan, its just better than the others because I like aliens and UFOs and crap.

Volcano: Corny

Daylight: Haven't seen.

Dante's Peak: This is probably one of my favorite disaster movies because its pretty realistic.

I'm going to add "Twister" to your list:
Twister: This one is ok. But come on, its a little too fake how easily they found the tornados.

I agree. Disaster movie are always way to corny and way to american. No offense but they are always the heros roll eyes (sarcastic) And trash everybody else. Independence day is a good example of that.
But BF liked this one so I'm expecting a bit more from it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 02:26 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote