KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Day After Tomorrow [merged]

The Day After Tomorrow [merged]
Started by: 113

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I forgot "Deep Impact" which was about as anti-climactic as they come. "Deep Rising", from what I remember, is a movie w/ Christian Slater about some terrential rains that supposidly flood out a few cities.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 05:07 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I forgot "Deep Impact" which was about as anti-climactic as they come. "Deep Rising", from what I remember, is a movie w/ Christian Slater about some terrential rains that supposidly flood out a few cities.

Nope.
Deep Rising:A gang of jewel thieves board an empty luxury liner in the South Seas to find that the crew and passengers have been killed by a monster that kills its victims and sucks the water from their bodies that looks like a mix of a giant squid and the monster from "Aliens".

Hard Rain:Set during a massive flood started by a dam accident in a small town, Christian Slater is an armored truck guard who gets robbed by Morgan Freeman. Slater gets away with all the money and hides it. In a panic, Slater tells the sheriff about the area he hid the money in and the sheriff locks him up. Now Slater has to get to the money and keep himself alive battling the sheriff, Morgan Freeman and his crew and the elements.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 06:06 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Independence Day was awesome I really loved it when I saw it.

The Core had some really good SFX but it was a little to long and corny for me.

Original Sin was the altimate DISASTER movie tho smile

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 06:41 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmen fan
Restricted

Account Restricted

AWESOME!!! i went to see The Day After Tomorrow,IT ROCKED!!!!!!! yes rock love thumb up

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:02 PM
xmen fan is currently offline Click here to Send xmen fan a Private Message Find more posts by xmen fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tilien
Straight Jacket Dealer

I saw the film yesturday, and it was pretty gd, it did kinda make me think about stuff, or was that only me? lol

I'm Back!
xD

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:05 PM
Tilien is currently offline Click here to Send Tilien a Private Message Find more posts by Tilien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I saw The Day after Tommorow, I thought it was quite good. Also it was more of a global perspective too so that was refreshing. It was not Everything is happening to the US. There were some cool shots of Scotland freezing. And stuf happening alll over the world. IMO it had a Quite accurate of a political description of what might happen is a global disaster did occur.
But what really made the movie was the special effects and the overall idea.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:24 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ñ€
???

i'm going to see this movie on saturday!!!! i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Click my sig to go to my gallery!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:33 AM
§H@Ñ€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ñ€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ñ€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

quote:
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I saw The Day after Tommorow, I thought it was quite good. Also it was more of a global perspective too so that was refreshing. It was not Everything is happening to the US. There were some cool shots of Scotland freezing. And stuf happening alll over the world. IMO it had a Quite accurate of a political description of what might happen is a global disaster did occur.

Mate I'm from Scotland and trust me, it's not exactly the Carribian now is it. The north part is pretty much frozen anyway. I doubt we would noticed.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 10:40 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy Day
Independence Day was awesome I really loved it when I saw it.

The Core had some really good SFX but it was a little to long and corny for me.

Original Sin was the altimate DISASTER movie tho smile

ID has the crappiest speech in movie history! Who writes these things???
The Core is not even worth mentioning.
Original sin...you're funny!

I saw this movie yesterday and it surprised me. I liked it quite a bit. Probably because it wasnt all cheesy (ok the scene with the fire fighter that comes back was really cheesy but) and hero thing.
It has a problem thou. In at least 2 scenes I'm reminded of other movies.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:22 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

I saw it today, it was good, great visual effects, but the sub-plots weren't great.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 05:46 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
ID has the crappiest speech in movie history! Who writes these things???
The Core is not even worth mentioning.
Original sin...you're funny!

ID4 was awesome!
Im with you on the core
I AM FUNNY big grin

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:13 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

yeah good visuals

BUT for someone WHO DID CLIMATOLOGY, it was an insult to our intelligence.

YES global warming will lead to another ice age, but no way as fast as displayed in the movie

AND THE thing about the super storms pulling super cooled air form the upper atmosphere is absolute BULLSHIT!!!!!

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 01:05 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Nice effects in this one, but............ nah crappy story

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 03:37 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by Tptmanno1

I loved this movie love

I was upset that they didn't mention what happened to all the other northern countries, and if the people left from there to the ones south of the equator.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:48 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by fini
yeah good visuals

BUT for someone WHO DID CLIMATOLOGY, it was an insult to our intelligence.

YES global warming will lead to another ice age, but no way as fast as displayed in the movie

AND THE thing about the super storms pulling super cooled air form the upper atmosphere is absolute BULLSHIT!!!!!

Well the director himself said the effects were speed up. I mean it is a movie ppl.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 12:44 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

yeah , but if it was meant to scare us, then at least do it properly!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 03:11 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I thought it was meant to evoke sympathy and teach people something about the planet.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 03:25 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Hey worked for me, not my fault you read so much into it. Its the same with meteor movies. All of a sudden a meteor shows up out of the blue and will hit earth in a few days/months (whatever)!!! Know what I mean?! Having this movie advance 100 years wouldnt work and in all fairness they do throw the "this shouldnt happen this fast" speech and the " we dont have precedents for this type of situation" worked for me.
Sorry it didnt work for you mate.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 03:06 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

it didn't work for me because i KNOW what is going on, dont need a movie to tell me that. I did climatology last semester anyway, so its fresh in my mind.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:36 PM
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

I don't know if what i am gonna say is new (dont have time to check all the posts), but, did anyone notice a weird thing in the movie. A "logical mistake" maybe - when they showed the earth from outta space, the land in the northern hemisphere was covered with ice (it was white), but the land was surrounded by (blue) water (oceans) just as if there was no new ice age at all, and I think the oceans should have been frozen (white) as well. Don't you just agree? confused

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:37 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote