KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » We didn't need Qui-Gonn.

We didn't need Qui-Gonn.
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

I am.smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 12:57 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Well hurry up then. big grin

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 01:00 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Don't worry, I'm on drugs. smokin'

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I never say that one before.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 01:08 AM
Darth Daft

?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 04:04 AM
theEvilJedi

I meant never saw that emoticon before.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 04:20 AM
Darth Daft

riiight. sorry. Like I said, I'm on drugs so it's a little hard to work things out like that. My favourite one is still cool

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 04:37 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I bet you have a hat just like that DD

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

If Qui-Gon wasn't there then the not dissapearing part wouldn't have to be explained as it wouldn't exist. I think Lucas just caused problems for himself by including Qui-Gon.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 06:45 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

No I don't think he's made it difficult for himself. It gives him a chance to let us learn more of the Force. I just hope it's better than what we learnt about midichlorians in TPM.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2000 09:02 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

George really threw that midi-chlorian thing at us from out of the deep blue. Then Obi-Wan reports that Anakin has a higher midi-chlorian count than Master Yoda. Ouch ! That had to hurt.eek!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2000 04:42 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I just don't like the way the midichlorian story takes away the whole natural feeling of the Force within the saga. It makes it seem like a Jedi doesn't have the Force within them. They have it within little lifeforms that are inside them, which then gives them their power. I just don't like that.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2000 10:10 PM
KJ
Sausages

And it makes the Jedi seem like a master race where most fans always thought anyone could use the force if trained properly.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 02:59 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yes I know what you mean. It takes away the whole feeling of anyone being capable. You HAVE to have a high midichlorian count, otherwise you got no chance.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 03:20 AM
Mos Finn Jedi

As much as I agree that Obi Wan was kind of tossed aside in the writing of TPM I feel that Qui Gonn's character opened us up to a new kind of jedi we hadn't seen before. In the OT the only link we have to the Jedi are Obi Wan and Yoda. When moving back in time to TPM it is a good oppurtunity to show more aspects of the Jedi and Lucas took advantage of that oppurtunity. He showed us another aspect of the Jedi with the relationship between master and apprentice found in obi Wan and Qui Gon. If he had used the only two Jedi we had known of(Obi Wan and Yoda) things could have gotten a little played out. Qui Gonn added a new element and excitement to the story, he acted as a new character for us to get involved in. He brought a little refreshment to the story.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2000 11:24 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Yes I guess that's a good point. That is why I want to see more Jedi Knights in Episode 2. There's supposed to be thousands of them yet we only saw 14 in TPM, only five of which spoke.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 12:34 AM
Mos Finn Jedi

I must agree with Darth Daft in saying that Jinn was a crucial element in the film. His death and the style in which it occurred should definitely reveal somethimg to us in the future as to why Obi Wan vanished and Jinn was simply killed. Also I think that a new in depth character was needed to enrich the story. True I think Obi Wan got shafted on screen time and lines but his credit will be given in episode two and three. Jinn's character gave us a new look into the Jedi relationship of master and apprentice. A new character was needed to show this relationship. He also was needed to help show the changes ObiWan will undergo over time. Jinn in a sense helps develop Obi Wan's character to be a major part in the upcoming films.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 10:11 AM
Darth Daft

Episode 1 is just used to introduce the main characters. That's probably why Lucas didn't think we needed to see much of Obi-Wan. He was only an apprentice and hadn't got involved with Anakin yet, so we didn't need to see much of him.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2000 11:45 AM
Xantos Clone

we didnt need qui gon

although I had similar feelings of qui gon in when the movie first came out, after a while I was glad he was added to the story....come on...a hippy jedi...how cool is that!!! Liam Neisan played him perfectly and I can't imagine anyone else fitting that role better...

also, the midichlorian thing seemded to cheapen the mystical religon feel of the force (gave it a biological/gene feel), I think GL will show how it does not matter so much how geneticaly superior you are, it's how you master it and use your mind and ethical strength...

Obi wan is probobly (arguably) the best jedi ever, but he is not the genetic chosen one...Luke is probobly not as strong as anakin, but he has a stonger will to be good and loyal. The midichlorian thing may just be added to the story to demonstrate this idea...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 10:51 AM