KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Mahabharata

Mahabharata
Started by: Acherontia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Shocked Mahabharata

Its a book... 200,000 "verses" long and written just about 3,500 thousand years ago, reacounting what happened during the last 12,000 years. It was translated from ancient indiana (inda) in 1883 - 1886 and the book had detailed explinations on nuclear weapons, there effects, and details on how to operate a plane (called a Vinma... or so I remeber) and how to recongnize enemy Vinma, also has description on how the world looked, which is very detailed concidering half the world STILL had glaciers, and that the sea level was WAY down. Also explains a lot about "Atlantis" and that its people desdroyed themselves with nuclear warfare, and that it cause nearby glaciers to rupture, creating a big flood. (Atlantis is off the coast of florida, in the carrabian) The book itself is VERY long.. like longer then all of the lord of the ring books, but very, Very, VERY interesting to read.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2004 04:17 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

wow crash,the older I get the shorter my attention span..I don't know if I can handel a book like this..

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 05:54 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This is a book I found to be one most complicated verses I've ever read from a holy book (plus I never did finished most of the verses). The Mahabharata tells the story of two sets of paternal first cousins--the five sons of the deceased king Pandu. What is dramatically interesting within this simple opposition is the large number of individual agendas the many characters pursue, and the numerous personal conflicts, ethical puzzles, subplots, and plot twists that give the story a strikingly powerful development.

I really like the character of Ajurna (who I think is also in the Bhagavad-Gita). I recomend the book, but just try to remenber that is a holy book and it does seem more like a saga rather than a path to a certain faith.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote