KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » what about Mon Mothma?

what about Mon Mothma?
Started by: Xantos Clone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Xantos Clone

what about Mon Mothma?

I have been holding out on this topic...Has anyone given any thought as to how this future leader may be worked into the prequals??

Is it a fact that amidala does die? can she be Mon mothma? (could be dear old mom?)

MAMA MATHMA??...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 09:38 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't think she's Mon Mothma...Nat and the actress who played Mon Mothma don't look anything alike...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2000 05:32 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

MonMothma

I think she will be worked in like Nadine and Ackbar, just discontented individuals banding together to eventually form the alliance against the empire.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Re: MonMothma

Go to the official site at look at the character section.Do you see that red head lady with the mole on her face?I beleave this may be her.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 03:31 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Wasn't there a rumour that said that Gillian Anderson would play her in Episode 2 and/or 3?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I do NOT want to see Gillian Andersen play her. I DO want to see Catherine McCormick play her. I do NOT want to see her as the bit character sh was in Jedi. I DO want to see her have a major role as the charismatic young senator who has some serious verbal spars with Palpy. As for her being Padme....that just silly.smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 06:47 AM
Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Is Catherine the lady I described above?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 06:49 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I agree with Xizor that it does seem silly that Padmé and Mothma are the same person.
To tell you the truth though, I would rather not see her too much in either of the next two prequels, as I thought she seemed like a snobby character and I'm not interested in her whatsoever.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 06:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Why?She is the one that started the rebellion agaist the evil Empire.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 06:55 AM
Darth Daft

Is she? I thought it was Bail Organa?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 06:57 AM
theEvilJedi

No no.They were both senators and Mothma started the recisstance.She then droped out of the Senate because of it's poor laws and started the rebellion.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 07:41 AM
Darth Daft

Oh riiiight. Didn't know that. Cheers.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 09:02 AM
Xantos Clone

what about Mon Mothma?

ok, ok, I agree that the idea of mon mothma being padme is silly! it was very late....however, the real reason I brought it up was that I do believe she is 'one' of the most important characters in the main story....after all...she did start the rebelion / resistace...

she has to be worked into the prequals somewhere...and yes I did here a rumer about Gillian Anderson, but it was not that she was going to play mon mothma...it was going to be one of the female jedi council members that we have already scene in ep I...and she was trained by qui gon...funny how she makes it to the council and qui gon does not.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 10:24 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Do you think the Rebellion will actually be formed by Episode 3, or do you think that would be too early in the Empire's reign?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2000 11:03 PM
theEvilJedi

The Empire at the end of 2 and the Rebellion in the middle of 3.And I beleave that Claudia Karvan will be the young Mon Mothma.Look at her picture on the official site.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2000 01:13 AM
Ratcat

OK, bit of catch up for me here.

Gillian Anderson: She was rumoured as a member of the Jedi Council but according to an interview in Starburst or Film Review in the summer she new nothing about it.

Padme=Mothma: I think XC said it best, it was late when he posted smile but I do agree that her role in the formation of the Rebel Alliance has been drawn up historically as being so pivetol that to ignore that would be a GL crime.

Timelines: I think the Rebels will be beginning to establish but will not be at their peak, isn't the battle of Yavin quoted as being the first major victory against the Empire? This will happen over 10, maybe even 15 years after Episode-III.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 01:10 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I thought that at the prologue scrolling crawl for ANH it says "The Rebellion has won it's first major battle against the evil Empire" or something like that.
Wouldn't that mean that they won a battle BEFORE the Battle of Yavin?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 02:54 AM
theEvilJedi

Ethier that or they were unsuccessful every time.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 02:56 AM
Darth Daft

I think that Mon Mothma will only have a small part in Episode 3 towards the end of the film. That's my prediction.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 03:27 AM
theEvilJedi

But she will need to be in the prequels because she was once part of the Galactic Senate.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2000 03:29 AM