KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » The next Bond movie will shot in the Philippines on 2007

The next Bond movie will shot in the Philippines on 2007
Started by: Asian Hulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Re: The next Bond movie will shot in the Philippines on 2007

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Asian Hulk
Maybe the next James Bond movie will be shot in the Philippines in 2007.

Who comes UP with this stuff???

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 09:20 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Asian Hulk.. why? stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 10:43 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Smartass stick out tongue ; it was a figure of speech!

Alright then - where does asian hulk come up with this stuff?!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:06 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

out of hope I take... I hoped they would shoot the new star wars movie in my country too stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:28 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Funny you should mention Star Wars filming in one's native country. A friend of mine was an extra on Episode III! He filmed his scenes in one day during the London re-shoots.

Imagine his disappointment then when, sadly, his scene was cut out of the final movie {especially so considering these were re-shoots - you'd think that Lucas wouldn't cut out material important enough to warrant a re-shoot}. Let's hope the scene turns up on the DVD, eh?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:49 PM
yerssot

really? so what scene did he star in?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 11:29 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

It was deleted stick out tongue ! Didn't you read the whole post?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 10:16 PM
yerssot

yeah, but which scene? I wanna know sad

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 11:34 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

BUMP stick out tongue !

quote: (post)
Originally posted by yerssot
Yeah, but which scene? I wanna know sad

I can at last reveal all regarding this "lost" scene from Episode III which my friend appeared in; sorry to keep you in suspense for so long! I should warn you, though - this scene does not even appear on the DVD, and appears to have been part of an alternative cut of the movie that was ultimately scrapped; I say this because the scene which he related to me seems to contradict some of the things that happen in the version of Episode III seen in theatres and on DVD ...

In the film, my friend said that he played one of Bail Organa's bodyguards in a scene with Obi-Wan Kenobi. According to him, Bail said something to Obi-Wan to the effect of "All the Jedis should be sent to a detention colony", at which point Obi-Wan uses the Jedi mind trick on Bail to convince him otherwise {something which my friend said made him grin uncontrollably during rehearsal stick out tongue }.

As I said, this scene seems to be at odds with the rest of the film; specifically, it appears to contradict Bail Organa's established character traits. Why exactly would Bail Organa, a staunch pacifist and supporter of the Jedi, suggest that they be sent to a detention colony? And to Obi-Wan, no less? Could he have been persuaded into suggesting this course of action by Palpatine in an earlier version of the movie?

What's even stranger is that this scene was filmed during re-shoots, which is surely a time when a director knows precisely what direction the overall story is taking, and hence exactly what scenes need to be filmed? It just makes no sense for Lucas to film a scene like this during re-shoots that has no relation to the final storyline whatsoever!

And before you ask - trust me: I do know for a fact that my friend WAS on set for the London re-shoots. He didn't make this stuff up stick out tongue !

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:01 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But ... don't feel too bad for my friend, though. He said that he a blast working on Episode III {well you would, wouldn't you stick out tongue }, and even got to meet Ewan McGregor in person! I laughed out loud when he relayed the story to me: apparantly, he ran into Ewan in a lift on the set, at which point McGregor, being the friendly sort of chap that he is, smiled, turned to my friend, and introduced himself, saying "Hi, I'm Ewan". My friend then shook his hand, laughed, and said: "Uh, yeah ... I know who you are, mate ..." stick out tongue

On the one hand, I feel really envious of my friend. This year, he's appeared as an extra in not only "Star Wars", but also in "Batman Begins" {during the scene with Katie Holmes in the hallway outside the courtroom}, and in "Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire" {during the Quidditch world cup sequence}. On the other hand, though, I feel really bad for him because he can't be seen in the other two films either ...

Ah well; the perils of being an extra, eh?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2005 02:10 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But honestly ... shot in the Philippines in 2007?! Wishful thinking indeed ...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 02:18 AM
yerssot

well, knowing a fair bit of this star wars-thing myself, I find it rather odd that they had a scene were Organa had to be mindtricked into helping the jedi... seems totally contradictory to his person.
So how does your friend get into those movies the entire time? Is there a way to sneak me in?

I believe it's common knowledge now that some scenes will be shot in Pinewood and most in Prague?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 11:49 PM
silver_tears

A detention center for protection perhaps?
And you become an extra here for one by being recruited, they do it all the time on our university campus.
My brother's friend was in Mean Girls, filmed at the university itself, also in some Hilary Duff film, no clue which, and finally in Cinderella Man, his brother even met Russel Crowe, and before you ask, no he didn't throw a phone at him stick out tongue
They put up posters and you show up basically, first come first serve.

And I've read Karlovy Vary, Plana, and Locket I believe it was in the Czech Republic, gorgeous towns as seen in pics.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:05 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the adventage of living in a country next to the State....errr.... that makes their own movies

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:02 PM
silver_tears

I'm hoping for some work next year laughing out loud
More and more films are being filmed in Canada, many in Toronto.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:05 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

since they work for cheap?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:19 PM
silver_tears

Haha, it's about location imo.
Resident Evil II was filmed in T.O. they were even stupid enough to leave the streetcar saying Toronto in it erm

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:23 PM
yerssot

which is bad because then americans thought there were zombies in Toronto?

well, for the financial aspect Bond will leave Pinewood for a long time and just do some small shots in England messed

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:31 PM
silver_tears

Do you know where the MI6 headquarters are gonna be?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 11:08 PM
yerssot

they'll return for the M's office shots to Pinewood I believe

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 03:21 PM