KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Castle Essay

IS THIS STORY GOOD? (IT'S TRUE)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
VERY GOOD 5 71.43%
IT WAS OK 2 28.57%
IT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT (if so..please post) 0 0%
IT SUCKED 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Castle Essay
Started by: ~Air Angel~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Worried Castle Essay

PLEASE READ MY ESSAY FOR MY ENGLISH CLASS AND VOTE WHETHER IT IS GOOD OR NOT!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASEEEEEE!! I WANT TO KEEP MY GRADES UP!! THANX! big grin

The chill air lashed out at my face and the fierce wind howled furiously like a wolf when the carriage made way for the mountain. Harnessed to the carriage were two fairly fat brown horses, both smelled of dust and manure. As the horses brought us closer to the top of the mountain I looked up and saw a large white structure that stood tall like a soldier. It glistened in the snow the same way that the stars twinkle in the night’s sky. It was called Neuschwanstein, King Ludwig II castle, and it is one of the world’s most famous castles. As I walked in through the entrance that led into the courtyard it was like walking into a fairytale from a storybook. I saw many tall pillars that were connected to leaping stairs that winded around. Once I was inside the castle it seemed old and deserted since no one has lived in it since the late 1800s.

Cold crisp air lurked about through the castle and there was a musky smell lingering about. As I continued to walk through it I realized that it was not so deserted after all. The castle had been brought to life by a painter who had painted many beautiful murals which could be found on almost every wall and ceiling. When the tour guide led us into the throne room it seemed like I had just walked into a rainbow. As I gazed around the room I noticed I was surrounded completely by the most magnificent murals I had ever seen. The murals swam around on the walls. This room was a particular favorite of mine. It was very vibrant. King Ludwig II was very keen on having many elaborate and colorful murals in his royal rooms.

The remaining parts of the king’s royal rooms were just as appealing as the throne room. King Ludwig II had insisted for them to have murals. The servants’ quarters and the knights’ quarters were very un-lively, they did not have any murals or any other sort of paintings or design to them. The king had wanted them left very dull. When Ludwig II had met with the architect he had wanted to create a fairytale castle that would stand out against all others. Truly Neuschwanstein was more than just a magnificent piece of art, it was his dream that had come to life.

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 06:45 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

NOTE: my teacher asked for many similies, metaphors and personifications b/c my story was supposed to be lifelike (come to life)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 06:49 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I would change the word "un-lively" in your last paragraph... maybe use "drab" or "dowdy" or "dingy"

Other than that, it looks good to me! big grin

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 09:49 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Or maybe even "dead"...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 09:50 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

"lifeless", something like that...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 09:50 PM
Peach
mordrem

I agree with Phoe...it's very good, just that little bit in the last paragraph doesn't seem to fit with the rest, because of that one word. I think that 'drab' would fit in there the best.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 10:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I didn't really notice that, but I suppose it's a valid point. I could only see one mistake which I suppose your teacher might pick up on. In the very last sentence it says 'since no one has lived in it...' which is in the present tense and the rest of the essay is in the past tense.
Unless you meant it to be like that smile - and if so then there's is nothing I can see that's wrong at all!

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2004 10:31 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR CRITIQUES....I didn't like un-lively too...i was a loss for words at the moment! big grin

My fellow classmates critiqued it as well and they loved it!! YAY!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 06:42 AM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I changed un-lively to lifeless! big grin

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 12:41 PM
Laviera_j
Kadehadaire_Mage_:)

It was a good piece of writing angel, but the only thing that I would say is that I didn't read to many metaphores though I did see similies.

Like you could have said;

"The wind was a beast and it lashed out at my warm skin."

Also, what about,

"The murals swam around on the walls - they were enigmatic dancers."

But otherwise it was very intriguing, and I liked the storyline. Did you make it up? Maybe you should continue with it.

I hope that you get an A!

Work that magic!
Work that magic!

All at the KMC tig! BOPrecruit16,Raven Guardia, charmaine,Exa, Tela,Nabokonir, cheekymunkey,airangel,tassie,ADSkinner,airangel429
,Eez! Everybody!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 05:33 PM
Laviera_j is currently offline Click here to Send Laviera_j a Private Message Find more posts by Laviera_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

It was very good. Normally I would say that the part about the inside of the castle was a little overdone, but that's what your teacher asked for. I agree with everybody else, the word "un-lively" doesn't really fit. In fact, I'm not entirely sure it is a word. Overall, very good.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 01:53 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

yeah..i was sleepy when i wrote that last part. yeah..i put loads of them in there b/c that's how she wanted it.....it's not easy either..

thanx for the critique! big grin

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 05:57 PM
Arena52

I did not know that is so easy to convert the MOV to MPEG files for the videos on Apple Mac though that is a very convenient and effective way which putting us in a good swing and making relax also I do use the australian writing service writing online service where I have met many professionals who are expert in this matter. they write too well for us to get the things done even on time without being delay

Old Post May 5th, 2020 06:10 PM
Arena52 is currently offline Click here to Send Arena52 a Private Message Find more posts by Arena52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote