KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Breeding of Orcs

Breeding of Orcs
Started by: ATM4eternity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flying High
Fly my Pretties Fly!!

i was goin 2 say about the elf thing....i thot it said that sumware...but i wasnt sure if it was just me...

People keep disappearing and reappearing lol

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 01:47 PM
Flying High is currently offline Click here to Send Flying High a Private Message Find more posts by Flying High Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

it's a little haunting in the silmarillion...

elves would go on fishing trips and little explorations and then simply not return.

you would think that elves would have a hard time killing orcs, but apparently not.

the man they simply nicknamed 'oh @#$%' !!!

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 8th, 2004 11:42 PM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LegolasLover411
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Kitoky
Actually the Uruk-hais were actually a crossbreed between Orcs and Men.

No. in one of the movies, you cansee they have pointy ears. They are cross from trolls and ELVES!!! I think he used dead elves souls.....

Hiril Idril Ne'halma Mellyn nin': SAMIAM, OrlandoOYEA, Mr.Bacon,
Enya, Sauron, Exa, Iirma, azgulinthedark, Exa, Bloom4ever, Trickster,BingaBonga, White Lady, Alexryder ,and Isilcal.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 12:07 AM
LegolasLover411 is currently offline Click here to Send LegolasLover411 a Private Message Find more posts by LegolasLover411 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

i'm not even going to dignify that with a response...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 01:32 AM
Bar-en-Danwedh is currently offline Click here to Send Bar-en-Danwedh a Private Message Find more posts by Bar-en-Danwedh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ATM4eternity

lol, werent the uruks just orcs and men now that im tryin to find out more aobut it,,, and they were mainly bred like that to resist sun,,,,, and dont they just have pointy ears cause orcs do?/???

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 01:38 AM
ATM4eternity is currently offline Click here to Send ATM4eternity a Private Message Find more posts by ATM4eternity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by LegolasLover411
No. in one of the movies, you cansee they have pointy ears. They are cross from trolls and ELVES!!! I think he used dead elves souls.....

Pointed ears do not necessarily refer to Elves - and they also didnt have these long thin ears like the film-orcs had, their ears were just a little more leaf-shaped than mortal ears (hey and in the film, hobbits also have pointy ears!) - cf. the elvish words "lhaw" and "lhass"/"las" for "ear" and "leaf".

I dont think the Uruk-hai also had so much troll blood - maybe a little, but not too much. They are simply a race of orcs, only Saruman breeded them with other orcs and goblinmen so that Saruman's so-called Urukhai were most probably rather halforcs.

Tolkien also gives at least four different explanations for the origin of the orcs.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 02:34 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LegolasLover411
Restricted

Account Restricted

uh...............

Hiril Idril Ne'halma Mellyn nin': SAMIAM, OrlandoOYEA, Mr.Bacon,
Enya, Sauron, Exa, Iirma, azgulinthedark, Exa, Bloom4ever, Trickster,BingaBonga, White Lady, Alexryder ,and Isilcal.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 02:02 AM
LegolasLover411 is currently offline Click here to Send LegolasLover411 a Private Message Find more posts by LegolasLover411 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manny321
Haradrim Elephant Rider

orcs are stronger then goblins from moria but weaker then the guys from hels deep!!

Drown your face in a bowl of water!!!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 02:38 AM
manny321 is currently offline Click here to Send manny321 a Private Message Find more posts by manny321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bar-en-Danwedh
House of Ransom

orc:50%
goblin:25%
man:25%

and the secret ingredient is love.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 05:08 AM
Exabyte

Breeding? Hm, Tolkien says

"For Melkor could seduce individual minds and wills, but HE COULD NOT MAKE THIS HERITABLE, or alter (contrary to the will and design of Eru) the relation of a whole people to Time and Arda..."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 09:09 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

quote:
Originally posted by Bar-en-Danwedh
i'm not even going to dignify that with a response...

lol, took the words right out of my mouth,

also, the secret ingrediant wouldnt be love....it would be malic, evil, death, no mercy...

Discos - ...Happy Orcs Valentines day!

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 11:04 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by kalantiaw
uhm, and why do they have english accent?

yes, I thought that was funny when I first saw it -- whya re all the Orcs Cockney bleeders?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:21 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

quote:
Originally posted by Kitoky
Tolkien wrote it set as a long history of Europe so...yeah...accents are essential.

plus the fact that PJ thinks the enlgish accent is sneaky.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:30 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

The good guys put on a Scottish one though big grin

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:30 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ddraiglais

I don't remember Saruman having Uruk Hai. He had half-orcs or goblinmen. Uruk Hai means Uruk-great Hai-people. Morgoth (Melkor) tortured and twisted Elves to form the original Orcs. As far as Trolls being constructs, some may be. I'll have to reread some things. However the Olog Hai (the ones smashing the Godorians in Minas Tirith), were definately bred. Again I will have to do some rereading, but they are a cross between Trolls and something.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 05:10 AM
Ddraiglais is currently offline Click here to Send Ddraiglais a Private Message Find more posts by Ddraiglais Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Ddraiglais
I don't remember Saruman having Uruk Hai. He had half-orcs or goblinmen.

Exactly; though the leaders of his armies were probably Uruk-hai.
In the book, there's also obviously not such a big optical difference between men and orcs - there were also goblinmen (halforcs) in the Prancing Pony without being payed too much attention, Treebeard thought the Hobbits were Orcs and so on. Normal Orcs and goblinmen also dont seem to have had black colour like in the film, only the uruks of mordor did.

Some days ago I again read some text which made clear that there was no real orc-breeding but that they were able to multiply normally :P (and that that worked quite fast stick out tongue "they multiplied like flies" or something like that laughing out loud )

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 04:57 PM
shadowy_blue

quote:
Originally posted by Exa
Normal Orcs and goblinmen also dont seem to have had black colour like in the film, only the uruks of mordor did.

Some Orcs were described to have dark skin..(not necessarily black though)..but I didn't imagine them to look like the way they did in the movie. In fact, I didn't imagine them to look that ugly. laughing

It's all good though, adds to the creepiness and believability. big grin

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 02:58 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ddraiglais

If you watch the Battle of Pellenor Fields, you can catch Orcs of all types. There are even some that almost look manlike. Some have dark skin, some have lighter skin. Some look almost piglike in the face. Some look almost manlike. They did a real good job of showing how different one Orc is from another. Remember Orcs come from all over ME. Some live in caves. Some live aboveground in Mordor. Mordor's terrain is extremely varied as well. There's mountains, deserts, wheat fields, a saltwater sea, etc.

Adam

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 04:12 AM
Ddraiglais is currently offline Click here to Send Ddraiglais a Private Message Find more posts by Ddraiglais Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I also didnt think they were that ugly... actually I didnt think they looked so different from men at all.
On the other hand I also didnt think elves were that prissy messed messed

Old Post Apr 16th, 2004 10:12 AM
shadowy_blue

^^ laughing Exa..LOL..laughing out loud

Moria Goblins are still the best though. big grin

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 04:41 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote